Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Madrid, Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Madrid, Spain

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2009, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by danola
I think I'll go with IMVERGE's suggestion, as I see it, the Palace is the best value - when you compare quality of accommotaions, location and price. Thanks Verge !!!
You won't be disappointed.

Check out this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...5-present.html
Old May 12, 2009, 5:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Delta PM, SPG Gold
Not really, if you add up the cost of going to town from the airport and back, I doubt if you would break even 132 Euros Vs 97. I think I'll go with the four star hotel.
Not a chance, the Hilton at the airport is f-ing awesome, better than any Marriott I've stayed at. You can ride the shuttle to the airport, then take the train downtown in 15 minutes, it costs 3 euro (2+1 airport fee) each way.
Old May 12, 2009, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Not really, if you add up the cost of going to town from the airport and back, I doubt if you would break even 132 Euros Vs 97. I think I'll go with the four star hotel.
Just returned from Madrid. I will be writing a mini report on Hilton MAD. You will be surprised at your math. See my post later in the Hilton forum (will write it within 24 hours).
Old May 12, 2009, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by moman
Not a chance, the Hilton at the airport is f-ing awesome, better than any Marriott I've stayed at. You can ride the shuttle to the airport, then take the train downtown in 15 minutes, it costs 3 euro (2+1 airport fee) each way.
You are right on.
As said in my previous post, I will post a mini report on Hilton MAD in the Hilton forum later.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:51 am

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marriott Plat.
AC hotels in Madrid

Looking at staying at either hotel in Madrid but according to website neither has an executive lounge. Am I correct that as a Plat. member I would still be entitled to breakfast etc?
Thanks
Old Jun 12, 2011, 9:13 am

which hotel in Madrid

We will only be overnight in Madrid and want to use reward pts for our stay. The only hotels showing are the new Autograph Collection hotels but have no idea which one would be best as we have such a short time and want to take a city tour and just enjoy Madrid if it is only for one day. Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2011, 3:36 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
AC Palacio del Retiro

I used points for a one-night stay this week and went with the AC Palacio del Retiro. For tourist purposes it is extremely central, as well as about a 2-block walk from a direct bus to the airport. For tourists and regulars to Madrid alike, it is great because it overlooks the Parque del Retiro. As a Platinum guest, I was upgraded to a fourth-floor suite overlooking the park. Really a lovely hotel.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 8:58 pm

madrid hotels?

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at any of the newly branded AC hotels in Madrid? Trying to decide which hotel would be a better choice in late Oct
Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If you don't get a report & do stay at one of them, please do a 'trip report' on whichever one you stay at, so if someone does a search in the future they've have info.

Cheers.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I am also interested in knowing about the AC hotels near Madrid Barajas airport if anyone has any experience at those hotels.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Am trying to decide whether to stay at AC Aitana or Carlton this weekend.

Have a credit card cert up to level 5 for one of the nights.

Aitana is the only AC hotel in Madrid (other than the Autograph Collection property--a level 6) that gets 4.5 stars at Tripadvisor.com. Most of the others get 4 stars--and are generally off-center.

Carlton (4 Tripadvisor stars) has a better location close to center of town.

Please advise.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 8:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I don't have experience with either as it's been a few years since I was in Madrid, but please do a 'trip report' after your stay on whichever one you choose. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:32 am

Location: Central Florida--United 1P MM, HH Silver, SPG , Marriott Gold
Need Advice on Madrid AC Hotels

I and some friends will be spending 2-3 nites in Madrid in May, and have free Cat 1-5 award certificates. The 2 hotels we are looking at are the AC Hotel Carlton and the AC Hotel Atocha. Both are Cat 5, but the Atocha appears to cost more if one was booking for cash. We will be there as tourists, and the hotels both seem to be near the same location. Since we can reserve either property, hoping someone can advise which is the nicer property. Many thanks.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Hi, I stayed at the AC Atocha for one night last month. Haven't stayed at the Carlton, so can't compare, but they are about one block from each other, so location is the same. Both within a several-minute walk from Atocha, so easy access to the Metro plus transportation to airport/day-trip to Toledo if desired. Also the main museums are within walking distance - the Reina Sofia being directly across from Atocha, and Prado and Thyssen about 1/2 mike farther.
It was just a quick one-night stay, so - unusual for me - I didn't check out the gym. There was good Wifi access, room was clean and comfortable, and nice area to sit/lounge off lobby. One thing to note - if there are friends sharing a room, the shower is NOT private. It is clear glass open to sight from both sides.
Enjoy Madrid!
Old Jan 1, 2014, 6:06 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
We stayed 3 nights in the Carlton.
Room was OK. We had a big room according to AC standards but this had been a superior room according to the receptionist.

Service was OK, room was OK.
Like mentioned by spainlover location of the hotel is good.

I don't know if you would consider bfast in the hotel. We had this only once. I cannot recommend it. The restaurant is very noisy and resembles a refectory rather than a hotel restaurant. When we had breakfast they needed the restaurant for a meeting coffee break at 11am. Although bfast is until 11am they started setting up the restauran for this coffee break as of 10am. Not pleasant if you're still having bfast at that time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.