Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Riverwalk San Antonio, Texas [Master Thread]

Westin Riverwalk San Antonio, Texas [Master Thread]

Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
Yea I'm never going back to this place again. Went to the Alamo Bowl to cheer on my team and this has to be the worst Westin I've ever stayed in.

Long lines and no one at the dedicated platinum line. I literally just called to checkout since the app wasn't working.

Concierge was an old guy that wouldn't help me at all and asked if I was even staying there (Are you kidding me?!).

Every Riverwalk side room was under renovation and no access to the balcony so basically a worthless uograde. Also it's at the worst part of the Riverwalk so you gotta walk a while to get to the fun stuff or just cut through downtown.

I'll give them a slide on the renovation (though Marriott needs to communicate that more) but not all that happy with that stay.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
I certainly am not a fan of this Westin. As mentioned in a post from January they are still doing construction on the balconies. I called and talked to a manager to ask why they didn't let me know at check in or at on the website that they are doing construction. I got the blah blah blah sorry we didn't know answer.

Apart from that, I was given a sixth floor room even though I have "high floor" on my profile, even without that; as an Ambassador I should be given a much better room than the 6th floor out of 15.

Breakfast is not good here, basically what I got was a continental breakfast (fruit, bread, muffins, cereal and yogurt, as being extremely allergic dairy I ate fruit) and was told for an additional $8.00 I can have the hot stuff.

My last gripe is about the water pressure in the bathroom sink, it is so bad it takes 15 seconds to fill a 6oz cup (I timed it). I am all about saving the planet but this is redunk!!!! I called and had maintenance come up because I thought there had to be something wrong, nope I was told that is normal.

I will never stay here again just because of the water pressure. The other things are just icing on the cake.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by estedman
I certainly am not a fan of this Westin. As mentioned in a post from January they are still doing construction on the balconies. I called and talked to a manager to ask why they didn't let me know at check in or at on the website that they are doing construction. I got the blah blah blah sorry we didn't know answer.

Apart from that, I was given a sixth floor room even though I have "high floor" on my profile, even without that; as an Ambassador I should be given a much better room than the 6th floor out of 15.

Breakfast is not good here, basically what I got was a continental breakfast (fruit, bread, muffins, cereal and yogurt, as being extremely allergic dairy I ate fruit) and was told for an additional $8.00 I can have the hot stuff.

My last gripe is about the water pressure in the bathroom sink, it is so bad it takes 15 seconds to fill a 6oz cup (I timed it). I am all about saving the planet but this is redunk!!!! I called and had maintenance come up because I thought there had to be something wrong, nope I was told that is normal.

I will never stay here again just because of the water pressure. The other things are just icing on the cake.
See my current 'bonvoyed' thread. I got a luxury suite at this property after booking a basic room.

Maybe because I don't complain they serve something that's quite common that I'm allergic to at breakfast....
Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by stant
See my current 'bonvoyed' thread. I got a luxury suite at this property after booking a basic room.

Maybe because I don't complain they serve something that's quite common that I'm allergic to at breakfast....
I don't quite get what you are getting at about the breakfast.

I am normally not a complainer to management but when they are working right outside my room and there is no mention of it on the website or when I check in I am going to let them know I am not happy.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by estedman
I am normally not a complainer to management
You said you wouldnt stay at the property because of the water pressure issue. That sounded to me like making a pretty big mountain out of a molehill. The water pressure from the tap is fine, ie it's not a problem to wash your hands, it's just that they have flow restrictors in place that is why it takes a few seconds to fill a glass of water from the tap. How many glasses of water do you drink from the tap a night? If you are going to not stay at a really nice property because you might waste 1 entire minute a day filling your water glass, I would question your claim of not being a complainer. I dont mean to make it personal against you, but you do normally attract more flies with honey than vinegar. This property just went way out of their way for me. I could only imagine that they might not do the same who makes water flow rate an issue to stay or not stay over...
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:03 pm

When you can't brush your teeth without using hot water it's gone too far. I honestly believe there is something wrong, but they claim that's the way it is. I have stayed at hotels that use the restrictors and know how they work and it was not this bad. I just filled the cup with cold water only and is took 25 seconds to fill the cup 6oz. If you don't think that would be maddening go and turn on the water to equal 6oz in 25 seconds. You will see exactly how slow it is.

If I would have been put up in the suite I would have wrote about that as well and given them the praise they deserved.

Last edited by estedman; Apr 23, 2019 at 6:23 pm
Old Feb 6, 2024, 6:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Has anyone stayed at the Westin San Antonio since the pandemic? Would love to hear any updated experiences here. The reviews in the last year on Yelp are pretty dire, so curious if there are any FT experiences. Thank you!

Last edited by DCFlyer0306; Feb 6, 2024 at 7:24 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.