Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Austin, TX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Austin, TX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GueroDeTejas
I booked through Marriott with a points certificate. Followed up with both Marriott (copy of folio) and the hotel direct and got nothing.
I’ve stayed there many times and I’ve always got points and night credits.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 5:03 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP/Current Titanium
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
I’ve stayed there many times and I’ve always got points and night credits.
Muy bien. Ever stayed there on a free night certificate? If so, you done better.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Want to update everyone on my last 2 stays in Austin.

first was at Residence Inn Austin University which was fine enough. Had take away packaged breakfast in the morning adn rotated it amongst eggs, sausage, small pancakes, yogurt, milks/juices etc. Also was able to select a pizza to microwave for later in the room as a welcome gift. Rooms were very nice and updated. Solid property for the cost which was roughly $90 bucks a day. BTW water pressure was phenomenal ad bedding comfortable.

second was the Sprnghill Suites Austin NW The Domain - updated last couple years and weird location as you have to loop around a freeway to get to it each time, but was close to a Chick Fil A and had grab and go breakfast bags. Was OK but a step down from the Residence Inn. Bed was comfortable, but AC was thermostat controlling the old style wall AC/Heat units under the window. Climate as a bit of an issue. Bathrooms were oddly shaped, but fixtures and water pressure were good. Staff very friendly at each interaction. Was only 80 bucks a day and again a recommendation for medium priced hotel.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Bumping the AUS thread for any feedback of the Marriott properties near Tech Ridge Center for an upcoming weekend. Welcome any feedback for recent stays.

David
Old Sep 8, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
Austin Proper Hotel
  • Lifetime Titanium.
  • General - the rate is very misleading and does not include:
    • $20 per day "Guest Amenity Fee" which includes "Premium Wi-Fi throughout the property • 24-hour fitness center access • Bottled water daily • Daily coffee and tea service • In-room Nespresso machine"
    • Wellness Fee of 3.25% "which provides healthcare to our full-time employees"
  • Check-in:
    • No elite recognition
    • No welcome gift
    • No breakfast
  • Room:
    • Was put in a room overlooking a construction site, as well as right next to the gym
    • Asked for a new room and was moved to one on another floor, on another side of the hotel, much quieter
    • Nice decor, ample storage, nice bathroom with large shower
    • Aesop products - however, these are not personal-sized - they are large, refillable bottles
  • Hotel
    • There are several restaurants. We ate at Peacock - lobby restaurant, and La Piscina - the pool restaurant. Both were good, but expectedly over priced.
    • Pool is nice, but small
    • Entrance is confusing - since this is both a condo and a hotel, there are two separate entrances
    • Valet service is SLOW

Overall, I doubt I will ever stay there again. Not worth the price.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Advice on Marriott hotels in downtown Austin

I'm looking for a 3 days weekend stay in Austin (downtown) in May. We are in Austin for a wedding which is just outside of Austin and all the wedding activities will be in the downtown area. I've narrowed my search down to the Westin downtown, Marriott Downtown and the JW. All are in the same price point but wanted to get a recommendation from someone who has stayed. I am a Titanium so hope for an upgrade as well. Any thoughts on this?
Old Feb 19, 2022, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Safti
I'm looking for a 3 days weekend stay in Austin (downtown) in May. We are in Austin for a wedding which is just outside of Austin and all the wedding activities will be in the downtown area. I've narrowed my search down to the Westin downtown, Marriott Downtown and the JW. All are in the same price point but wanted to get a recommendation from someone who has stayed. I am a Titanium so hope for an upgrade as well. Any thoughts on this?

I have stayed at Westin & JW. I have not stayed at the Marriott. I prefer the Westin to the JW. I am an Ambassador level guest and almost always get upgraded to a higher floor. But it is just a room. I would not expect a suite. I usually get a couple of drink coupons as being an Ambassador. I like the breakfast in the restaurant. Neither hotel is life changing but I get a consistently good stay at the Westin. I like the fact that the Westin has a Peloton in the health club so I can get a ride in while staying there.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 9:21 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I have stayed at all three - but only in 2020.

Westin refused to upgrade me since it was a weekend night, despite availability. Bed quality was terrible. Westin breakfast in the restaurant is good.

JW has the best showers. Beds are okay. Lounge was closed at the time but appears to be open now. I have gotten suite upgrades here.

Marriott was very new. Beds seemed overly firm. Breakfast was in their Market at the time.

My preferred hotel is the Otis by UT due to the delicious breakfast and nice beds. However, I would pick the JW or Marriott to avoid the poor rooms at the Westin.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 6:13 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Thanks for these responses. Do you know whether the lounges are open for breakfast? I'm not even sure if there is a CL at the JW. Appreciate you taking the time to respond.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 6:21 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Thanks for these responses. Do you know whether the lounges are open for breakfast? I'm not even sure if there is a CL at the JW. Appreciate you taking the time to respond.
The JW absolutely has an open lounge - the Lurker confirmed this in the JW thread a few days ago. The lounge was closed during 2020 when I stayed last, so I can't comment on the quality of the food. The Marriott has an M Club space, but I don't know if it ever opened. I have only stayed at the Marriott on opening weekend, and at the time, breakfast was a voucher in the Market.
JoeWoodstock likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The web can be your friend.

David
Old Feb 21, 2022, 12:17 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by DELee

David
Hopefully not all your 11500 posts are as useful as this one David.
JoeWoodstock and AndyKehn like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by DELee

David
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Hopefully not all your 11500 posts are as useful as this one David.
Isn't one of the purposes of FT to provide current information? The web is not my friend. For example, the 'web' notes the Club M lounge is open at the IAD Marriott. It is open with 4 choices of cold drinks and 4 choices of bagged snacks. I don't consider it 'open'!
Old Feb 21, 2022, 4:35 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by lamphs
Isn't one of the purposes of FT to provide current information? The web is not my friend. For example, the 'web' notes the Club M lounge is open at the IAD Marriott. It is open with 4 choices of cold drinks and 4 choices of bagged snacks. I don't consider it 'open'!
I very much agree... this site isnt for "did you google it?" as some members seem to have forgotten. I come here personally for up to the min information or to ask complicated questions from our expert members.
lamphs likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by austin_modern
I very much agree... this site isnt for "did you google it?" as some members seem to have forgotten. I come here personally for up to the min information or to ask complicated questions from our expert members.
So ask a complicated question about Marriott hotels in Austin.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.