FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Account was deactivated due to audit. Created a new one and suddenly platinum. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/2114349-account-deactivated-due-audit-created-new-one-suddenly-platinum.html)

Mneuge816 Mar 8, 2023 6:47 am

Account was deactivated due to audit. Created a new one and suddenly platinum.

So long story short I was titanium and then my account was shut down by Marriott for violating the terms and conditions. I had a second account That I never used that now I am using and suddenly I became platinum out of nowhere with no nights. The only thing I can think of is I called AMEX and linked a different Bomboy account to my credit card now. What is going on here?

hdogan Mar 8, 2023 7:08 am

So... your account was deactivated for violating terms and conditions, and then you continued using the service by... violating terms and conditions? :D

craigthemif Mar 8, 2023 7:31 am

Don't worry. Your "new" Bonvoy account will be shut down imminently...

yscleo Mar 8, 2023 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Mneuge816 (Post 35070826)
So long story short I was titanium and then my account was shut down by Marriott for violating the terms and conditions. I had a second account That I never used that now I am using and suddenly I became platinum out of nowhere with no nights. The only thing I can think of is I called AMEX and linked a different Bomboy account to my credit card now. What is going on here?

What was the "violating the terms and conditions"?

Also curious what's the Amex CC you linked, to give Plat status.

rrgg Mar 8, 2023 8:18 am

Amex Brilliant gives you automatic platinum status.

yscleo Mar 8, 2023 8:22 am

Originally Posted by rrgg (Post 35071070)
Amex Brilliant gives you automatic platinum status.

Ah. We're in Canada and don't get those kind of cards.

So the OP may have one of those cards to get Plat.

Duck1981 Mar 8, 2023 10:05 am

Opening a new account when the old account is under review/ suspended is a good indicator why OP's old account was shut down.

Mneuge816 Mar 9, 2023 4:30 am

Account was suspended, what happens to reservation made on points?

Account is suspended but my points reservation is still active. What happens to it?

IluvSQ Mar 9, 2023 6:49 am

Why not ask Marriott?

notquiteaff Mar 9, 2023 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Mneuge816 (Post 35073367)
Account is suspended but my points reservation is still active. What happens to it?

Your first or second account?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-platinum.html

Kacee Mar 9, 2023 9:40 am

I think I'd be making alternate lodging plans.

margarita girl Mar 9, 2023 10:28 pm

I’m making a batch of popcorn. ;)

notquiteaff Mar 9, 2023 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl (Post 35075808)
I’m making a batch of popcorn. ;)

I already ate mine.

craigthemif Mar 10, 2023 4:21 am

It means that you will show up at the hotel and be forced to pay the rack rate because your award certificate is invalid, yet you missed the cancellation deadline.

cre95 Mar 10, 2023 5:03 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 35076192)
It means that you will show up at the hotel and be forced to pay the rack rate because your award certificate is invalid, yet you missed the cancellation deadline.

And if you push back because you don’t like the rack rate and want to go to an alternate hotel, you’ll be charged the no-show fee :p

Do let us know your reservation date so that we can come back to the forum and read about your experience from your posting then