Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott in London / Paris - Used cc bonus points - use wife's status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2023, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Hi, we will be staying at Marriott hotels in London and Paris, and I opened up a Chase Marriott Bonvoy CC when they had the 5 free nights (50K points each) promo. I used this (plus bought additional points) to book rooms for the trip but this CC only gets me silver status. My wife has an Amex Platinum which gets her gold status which is potentially early check-in / late checkout + room upgrade. Is there anyway to use her status on these reservations? I know the real upgrade is bonvoy platinum status, but there's probably no way for us to get that in 1.5 months (and don't want to open up another CC with a high spend).

Thanks!
Old Feb 3, 2023, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Gold gets you nothing. If you want late check-out ... show your wife's gold status and they will probably make it happen. I would not bother w/ it when you can get sensible redemptions
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 2:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
It all depends on the specific hotel - expect the hotel to stick to the rules in my experience (i.e. you won't get it). Now I am Platinum, not Gold, while my wife is Silver, so we would actually get some value (lounge access / breakfast).

In this particular case I would think the hotel will give you a late checkout as long as they are not busy that day. You might get a room upgrade (but anyway don't expect much with Gold status), early check-in is not a published benefit. So it's definitely worth mentioning at check-in but don't expect anything for it.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by frankvb; Feb 4, 2023 at 5:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.