FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   2023 Q1/2 Global Promo: 1,000 bonus points & 1 bonus EQN per night, Feb 7 - Apr 23 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/2109197-2023-q1-2-global-promo-1-000-bonus-points-1-bonus-eqn-per-night-feb-7-apr-23-a.html)

andy_dangg Jan 23, 2023 4:47 pm

2023 Q1/2 Global Promo: 1,000 bonus points & 1 bonus EQN per night, Feb 7 - Apr 23

Am I the first one here ​​​​to notice the promo or get it in my account? "Earn 1000 bonus points and 1 bonus Elite Night Credit each night" so double nights! Haven't seen emails or blogs reporting on it, but I don't think it's targeted because it has the same dates and image as the teased promo.

I'm used to being disappointed by Bonvoy promos, but really happy that they are doing double nights, especially now that I have access to Explore rates...the points are a nice cherry on top.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8f8715bb8c.png

cricketer Jan 23, 2023 4:58 pm

The promo looks interesting -- looks like already booked nights count.

Of course, the dates are Feb 7th to April 23rd. I have a series of stays through Feb 8th, and then some after April 26th. Literally nothing in between. So if I'm lucky, I'll bet the bonus for one night of my already booked stay.

PaulYK Jan 23, 2023 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by andy_dangg (Post 34951237)
Am I the first one here ​​​​to notice the promo or get it in my account? "Earn 1000 bonus points and 1 bonus Elite Night Credit each night" so double nights! Haven't seen emails or blogs reporting on it, but I don't think it's targeted because it has the same dates and image as the teased promo.

I'm used to being disappointed by Bonvoy promos, but really happy that they are doing double nights, especially now that I have access to Explore rates...the points are a nice cherry on top.

Checked the promotions section of the App after seeing this post and I have received the promotion now too. Runs from February 7th through April 23rd.

Coffeemadman Jan 23, 2023 5:01 pm

I have this one too. 1000 bonus points per night plus 1 bonus ENC per night between 7 Feb and 23 Apr.

I've got 5 nights booked mid-Feb, 4 in Mar and 6 in Apr so I'll scoop a few extra credit nights up.

I'm very pleased with this promotion!

cfischer Jan 23, 2023 5:16 pm

wow, I was wrong. Marriott is bringing back the 1 extra Elite night. Perplexing.

Not a great promo, but not terrible either IMO. 5 more nights until the promo starts :td: then 23 nights during the promo period. That is 23 extra nights I didn't need in the first place and 23k extra points which is nice.
Stacks with the double points w/ weekend stays ... definitely not terrible.

VSLover Jan 23, 2023 5:24 pm

while i have a handful of trips in the period, a bummer my upcoming 12 nights ends on feb 7!

but it will easily push. me past titanium in a few months which is where i plan to cut it off this year which is nice.

brianlb1536 Jan 23, 2023 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 34951327)
wow, I was wrong. Marriott is bringing back the 1 extra Elite night. Perplexing.

Not a great promo, but not terrible either IMO. 5 more nights until the promo starts :td: then 23 nights during the promo period. That is 23 extra nights I didn't need in the first place and 23k extra points which is nice.
Stacks with the double points w/ weekend stays ... definitely not terrible.

The double points w/weekend stays is a targeted promotion. I never seem to get the targeted promotions. There seems to be no logic to who gets the targeted promotions.

brianlb1536 Jan 23, 2023 5:30 pm

I checked earlier today and it wasn't up yet. Thanks for posting this. I do have this in my promotions. It will help me get to Platinum again this year. And I need only three more years to be lifetime Platinum.

diablo77 Jan 23, 2023 5:34 pm

Within the promotion period I have 20 nights booked already, if I added 5 more nights would my status change to Platinum after the last stay is updated or do I need to wait till next years review?

DallasEsq Jan 23, 2023 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by diablo77 (Post 34951382)
Within the promotion period I have 20 nights booked already, if I added 5 more nights would my status change to Platinum after the last stay is updated or do I need to wait till next years review?

Once the nights post to your account (usually within 2 days) your status would update immediately.

brianlb1536 Jan 23, 2023 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by DallasEsq (Post 34951388)
Once the nights post to your account (usually within 2 days) your status would update immediately.

Are you able to select Suite Night Awards when you reach 50 nights at the same time you become Platinum and start using them already?

diablo77 Jan 23, 2023 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by DallasEsq (Post 34951388)

Thanks, does that mean my status will be valid through till the end of 2024?

cfischer Jan 23, 2023 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by brianlb1536 (Post 34951418)
Are you able to select Suite Night Awards when you reach 50 nights at the same time you become Platinum and start using them already?

Yes

Originally Posted by diablo77 (Post 34951428)
Thanks, does that mean my status will be valid through till the end of 2024?

Valid until 2/25

theOtherHolmes Jan 23, 2023 6:29 pm

Any link?

… I don’t have the promo.

arlflyer Jan 23, 2023 6:35 pm

Hmmm....eh. 1000 extra points per night. So basically, if you stayed at an MR property every single night during the promo period, you'd get an extra free night at a Westin somewhere (~50k points)? I guess it's better than nothing, but I was hoping for something, personally, that would legitimately make me give thought to moving spend away from Hilton where I've found the double points promos to be comparably lucrative (even taking into account relative redemption costs).

It is interesting to see the focus on 2x nights and the positive response. The responses here to an earlier comment I made about this were enlightening as well. It seems that MR is really trying to court the customer segment who could be enticed to stick around through earning Plat or such, and that I personally underestimated that segment. I suppose in some regard it makes sense; many people who are going to do the nights and spend for AMB are going to do so without any enticement from promos. I guess that I'm part of a rare subset of people who is on the fence about going all-in on what's needed for AMB. A really lucrative promo early on in the year would probably have drawn me in, but now I'm leaning more towards continuing to print points with Hilton or even becoming Hyatt-curious as well.