Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Cocoa Beach [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2022, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC

I had one night stay here earlier this week and didn't find anything on FT about it, so figured I'd start a thread.

First, it's your basic Four Points so reasonably-priced, decent accommodations but nothing special. The hotel itself is not on the beach as it fronts A1A, so there are no oceanfront or even ocean view rooms. The two room categories refer to facing the exterior of the hotel or the interior courtyard, which includes the front desk, the Shark Pit casual restaurant, a Starbucks, and the massive Coach Beach Surf Company store (which seems like a slightly downscale Ron Jon's, as Ron Jon's itself is steps away).

Parking is in an attached garage which very prominently posts signs warning that cars left overnight without a parking pass will be towed. At check-in they asked if I was parking a car, and upon saying I was they added $10 a night to my bill and handed me a yellow hanging card to put on the rear-view mirror. Interestingly, no dates were printed on the hanger so if one were staying here frequently I think you could get away with free parking after paying the one time.

At check-in the front desk associate told me that sit-down breakfast was available in the Shark Pit or grab-and-go at Starbucks. I asked if there was a Bonvoy breakfast benefit at either location, and I think that was the first time she looked at her screen to see I was Ambassador Elite. She apologized and filled out a little card offering free breakfast at either location, and advised me the Shark Pit was really good. I ended up going to Starbucks because I was in a hurry, and had no problem grabbing a bottled water and pastry item for free--it wasn't the world's most gourmet breakfast, but it was nice to get it with no drama.

I had paid for the top room type which was a junior suite with 2Q beds, so there was nothing to upgrade me to. The room faced the interior but there was no noise to speak of, which I was concerned about upon first entry. Aside from obvious housekeeping sloppiness (drink box straw wrappers and a random peanut on the ground near the sofa), the room was in good condition. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were terrible--all the filling was clumped up like they had washed the pillows repeatedly and never fluffed them. All the liquid bathroom amenities were in large containers, including hand soap by the sink, but at least the shampoo/conditioner/body wash in the shower were clearly labeled. One nice touch was that a bunch of items were on the sink such as a razor and shaving cream, toothbrush and toothpaste, makeup remover wipes, etc.

Dinner in the Shark Pit restaurant was pretty much what you'd expect from a corporately-owned dive bar, meaning the food was downscale but the prices not so much. But I was really happy with the tropical salad with mahi-mahi that I ordered; even the bartender said it was his favorite item on the menu, and it was fresh, tasty, and good-sized. There was also a nearby station cooking made-to-order pizzas which both looked and smelled delicious.

Based on conversations I overhead while eating dinner at the bar, most of the guests in house were boarding a Royal Caribbean cruise the next day. I would expect that a large portion of this hotel's business is made up of cruise travelers, and it's a solid choice. Frankly, I'm surprised no one has opened a single full-service hotel within easy driving distance of Port Canaveral, although there are tons of choices like this Four Points in the limited service category. I won't go out of my way to stay here again, but will certainly consider it for future stays in the area!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.