Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Titanium Annual Choice Benefits needs a refresh

Old Sep 22, 22, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence

Given the changes with increased values of free night awards across the suite of Marriott credit cards, a choice of a 40,000 point night seems out of place in the program. At a minimum, this should move to 85,000 points like the premium credit card offerings.
yurtripper, UASPG, mikebor and 7 others like this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 9:38 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat., SWA A-List,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by TommyC80 View Post
Given the changes with increased values of free night awards across the suite of Marriott credit cards, a choice of a 40,000 point night seems out of place in the program. At a minimum, this should move to 85,000 points like the premium credit card offerings.
I like your thinking. I will be very pleasantly surprised if Marriott does anything. Their current focus is on property owners rather than hotel guests. Until occupancy levels start dropping, they are unlikely to sweeten the pot for MR Bonvoy members. Hopefully, I am wrong....

--Jon
Guate87, rylan and mikebor like this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 9:44 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
I'd like to see SNAs at some level, maybe Titanium, that can be a guaranteed upgrade at time of booking. As it stands now, I don't notice much difference in my upgrade odds using an SNA versus not, so it feel almost pointless.
Guate87, drod and spgvun like this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DallasEsq View Post
I'd like to see SNAs at some level, maybe Titanium, that can be a guaranteed upgrade at time of booking. As it stands now, I don't notice much difference in my upgrade odds using an SNA versus not, so it feel almost pointless.
huh, there are huge differences with a w/o SNA. Not at every hotel, but at many.
cant see Marriott go to a confirmed at booking solution, not going to happen.
Old Sep 22, 22, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Approximately 0.0% chance Marriott improves Titanium. After all, cant make those hotel owners too unhappy!
Guate87, kaizen7 and mikebor like this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA1K, AS Gold 75K, HH Diamond, MR Titanium LT Gold, IHG Platinum, HZ PC, CLEAR
Marriott is refreshing its credit cards, not reward tier benefits.

I finally chose 5 more SNA last week.

Thankfully my Ritz Carlton card will now get an anniversary Free Night Award worth 85,000 points, up from the previous 50,000 points, and we can add up to 15,000 points to it.

Marriott is refreshing its credit cards, not reward tier benefits.

Maybe American Airlines is the model Marriott is following and will become "A credit card shopping portal that also has access to hotels."
gudugan likes this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Guate87 View Post
Marriott is refreshing its credit cards, not reward tier benefits
Exactly.

David
Old Sep 23, 22, 4:05 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Hilton Diamond, Caesars Diamond
Arguably SNA will become more valuable after this change. I imagine there will be a significant number of people who have the Brilliant but *not* the business card (either they dont know about it, dont know nights stack, or dont think they can qualify) so will have a lot of 25 night PLT without SNA. Maybe also next year we get flooded with Taobao PLTs.

Considering taking SNA for the first time instead of the 40k cert. Don't need the EQN
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 11:24 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by gudugan View Post
Arguably SNA will become more valuable after this change. I imagine there will be a significant number of people who have the Brilliant but *not* the business card (either they dont know about it, dont know nights stack, or dont think they can qualify) so will have a lot of 25 night PLT without SNA. Maybe also next year we get flooded with Taobao PLTs.

Considering taking SNA for the first time instead of the 40k cert. Don't need the EQN
I'm not sure I follow. How does Platinums at 25 nights increase the value of SNAs? Are they more likely to hit 50 nights now, and be able to select SNAs?
Old Sep 23, 22, 11:33 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Hilton Diamond, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang View Post
I'm not sure I follow. How does Platinums at 25 nights increase the value of SNAs? Are they more likely to hit 50 nights now, and be able to select SNAs?
Schnit said it better than I could have https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34624679-post2174.html

In simple terms the credit card platinums who want to stay 5 organic nights won't have SNAs so SNAs will be more valuable for upgrades
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 4:14 pm

I'd like Marriott to introduce preferred pricing when redeeming night awards for Titanium members.
drod, gudugan and Guate87 like this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by gudugan View Post
In simple terms the credit card platinums who want to stay 5 organic nights won't have SNAs so SNAs will be more valuable for upgrades
The one thing I don't understand about this assumption is it sounds like a bunch of people who were hitting 50 nights before the Brilliant refresh and getting Platinum/SNAs have now gone away? That doesn't make sense to me.
SNAs will at best remain equal to what they were.

Upping the free night to 50k would be a realistic move for Titanium. Not great but better than nothing.
gudugan, SPN Lifer and Guate87 like this.

Search this Thread