New Chase Bonvoy Bountiful Card

Old Sep 22, 22, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
New Chase Bonvoy Bountiful Card

New card is out today:

$250 AF

6x at Marriott
4x on dining and groceries, up to $15k
2x everything else

Comes with Gold Status
1,000 bonus pts per stay at Marriott
15 ENC
50k FNA AFTER $15k spend every calendar year

application link can be found here: https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/apply?CELL=64R2
Old Sep 22, 22, 7:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Hilton Diamond, Caesars Diamond
So the Bevy if you like Chase more than Amex? Details look exactly the same.
TerryK likes this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 8:10 am

Programs: None - previously UA
The main issue with this card is the spend requirement to get the free night. I was OK letting my older Marriott cards linger at the back of my wallet or in the drawer and only putting minimal spend on them (typically at Marriott properties) as the annual cert was worth paying the $95 annual fee for. But I don't quite spend $15K per year at Marriott, maybe only half to 2/3 of that. So what do you get for the $250AF if you don't spend $15K?
Old Sep 22, 22, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by escapefromphl View Post
The main issue with this card is the spend requirement to get the free night. I was OK letting my older Marriott cards linger at the back of my wallet or in the drawer and only putting minimal spend on them (typically at Marriott properties) as the annual cert was worth paying the $95 annual fee for. But I don't quite spend $15K per year at Marriott, maybe only half to 2/3 of that. So what do you get for the $250AF if you don't spend $15K?
Exactly my issue with the 2 new cards. Even if you put 15k of spend on it at non-Marriott properties are are maybe get 1.5% back with a good redemption, so the 50k certificate doesn't make sense.

I do not see any reason to get these $250 cards. I find more benefit in the $95 ones.

And the Brilliant card is a for sure downgrade now
davedeboston and TXJeepGuy like this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Schnit View Post
Exactly my issue with the 2 new cards. Even if you put 15k of spend on it at non-Marriott properties are are maybe get 1.5% back with a good redemption, so the 50k certificate doesn't make sense.

I do not see any reason to get these $250 cards. I find more benefit in the $95 ones.

And the Brilliant card is a for sure downgrade now
The only reason to get the $250 cards is if you have a lot of stays at Marriotts AND would put $15k on the card. If you have 80 one night stays/year at an average $190, that would make sense to bank the 80k points + 50k FNC.

Otherwise, this card is pretty damn useless.
36902BRF likes this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by lowfareair View Post
The only reason to get the $250 cards is if you have a lot of stays at Marriotts AND would put $15k on the card. If you have 80 one night stays/year at an average $190, that would make sense to bank the 80k points + 50k FNC.

Otherwise, this card is pretty damn useless.
I am guessing thats a pretty small minority
36902BRF and davedeboston like this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 9:28 am

I am guessing thats a pretty small minority
That's what I was implying - there is one use case and it isn't a big one at that.
davedeboston likes this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 9:58 am

Programs: American Airlines, Delta, United, Southwest
If this card is of interest to you be sure to read who's not eligible - anyone who has any Marriott credit card or recently got rid of one or has gotten a bonus on one within the last 24 months. So essentially everyone.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by mary mary View Post
If this card is of interest to you be sure to read who's not eligible - anyone who has any Marriott credit card or recently got rid of one or has gotten a bonus on one within the last 24 months. So essentially everyone.
Pretty much, with a couple exceptions. But the AMEX Bevy card you can get with other AMEX cards
Old Sep 22, 22, 10:13 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, World of Hyatt Globalist, AAdvantage Gold, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by lowfareair View Post
That's what I was implying - there is one use case and it isn't a big one at that.
It's the same use case I was thinking about with the Bevy - place $15K spend (likely all Marriott stays) to get the free night, which washes out the annual fee, and you earn 1K bonus points on each stay (can add up with 1-night stays, as I usually have). Then, spend your dining on the Bevy or Bountiful until you reach $15K for 4x. I probably won't bite, but I could see some doing this.

Though, why anyone would choose to deal with Chase vs. Amex is beyond me :-)
Old Sep 22, 22, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast View Post
Though, why anyone would choose to deal with Chase vs. Amex is beyond me :-)
Over 5/24 you go to AMEX
Have 5 AMEX cards and don't want to close, you go to Chase
Opened a different AMEX Marriott cards in 24 months or dont want to close a Chase Marriott card older than 24 months, you go to AMEX

Easy to decide which one :-)
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 10:35 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Over 5/24 you go to AMEX
Opened a different AMEX Marriott cards in 24 months or dont want to close a Chase Marriott card older than 24 months, you go to AMEX

Yes, easy to decide...neither.

Like others, I'm perfectly happy getting my 35K cert for $95 and no ridiculous $15 K spend. I do a 15K spend on my Amex Surpass to get a free night, but no way that can go up to $30K to cover 2 cards, and the Surpass AF is only $95, less than half this new product.
notquiteaff and TXJeepGuy like this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 10:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
As we are a global community, it's worth noting that this card is US only.
lsquare and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie View Post
Yes, easy to decide...neither.

Like others, I'm perfectly happy getting my 35K cert for $95 and no ridiculous $15 K spend. I do a 15K spend on my Amex Surpass to get a free night, but no way that can go up to $30K to cover 2 cards, and the Surpass AF is only $95, less than half this new product.
I just don't think 15k spend is worth a 50k certificate. The Hilton card like you said is a much cheaper AF and a more valuable certificate. My wife and I both have the business cards, so we get 2 Hilton certificates
BearX220, rylan, lsquare and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 11:18 am

Over 5/24 you go to AMEX

Point 1 means you need to cancel every single card of the opposite issuer in order to be eligible for a Chase card, and you must not have received a bonus on an opposite issuer card in the last 2 years.

The new cardmember bonus is not available to you if (1) you currently have or had any of the following cards within the last 30 days, (2) you applied and were approved for any of the following cards within the last 90 days, or (3) you received a new cardmember bonus or upgrade bonus for any of the following cards within the last 24 months: Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card, Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express, Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card, Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express, Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card, Starwood Preferred Guest American Express Luxury Card, Marriott Bonvoy Bevy American Express Card.

Search this Thread