New Chase Bonvoy Bountiful Card

Old Sep 23, 22, 1:54 am

If I'm reading the terms of the cardmember bonus for the Bountiful correctly, it seems you can actually apply for this card even if you have another Chase Marriott card which is not the case for the Bold and Boundless.
So you can grab a Boundless or Bold, then get the Bountiful and in Y2 cancel or upgrade them to the Ritz card and then rinse/repeat in Y3. I don't really churn cards but that's just a thought. Assuming they allow this card to be downgraded, it may also be a roundabout way to add a Boundless to your portfolio every 2 years for extra $95 free night certs.
Old Sep 23, 22, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

$95 card silver 35k cert
$250 card gold
$650 card platinum 85 cert $300 restaurant credit
basically buying marriott status, seems to be main selling point, along with the certs
brilliant 25 nights elite + biz 15 nights elite = 40 , making titanium only 35 , or 20 if some here get an additional 15

i know nothing re hotel points, but re transferring to miles, no hotel card earns 3x miles per dollar

curious how 15% earn/redeem via chase sapphire reserve compares to earn/redeem hotel points
Old Sep 23, 22, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you get 1Kx2 bonus for each stay if you have both Bountiful and Bevy?
Old Sep 23, 22, 10:11 am

Programs: AA, Marriott
So weird that the $250 car is the only one with a spend requirement to get the free night. I hope its introduction doesn't make it impossible to switch my Brilliant back to the no-new-applicants $95 Amex one.
Old Sep 23, 22, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Do you get 1Kx2 bonus for each stay if you have both Bountiful and Bevy?
It needs to be the card you pay for the room with I believe, not just have the card
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 25, 22, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Truth in naming: "bountiful" is a word that means less than "boundless", and even if it wasn't a higher AF, this Bountiful card would seem worse for many people than the Boundless card.

And the same applies for comparing the word "bevy" to "boundless"!
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread