Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Posting of Elite Nights after getting Bonvoy CC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2022, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold

Ok, foolishly I signed up for the new BV-Bold CC to get the 15 elite nights with the hopes that it would help me keep my status this year.....however, I saw that the nights dont post until March of the following year (like 2023??) - in other words, nothing to help with this year?

or am I reading it wrong.....
Old Sep 14, 2022, 7:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by mfirst

This.

The first year the card is open, the nights post within 60 days of the account opening date.

In subsequent years, the elite nights post by the date you reference.
hokiehead likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Ok, foolishly I signed up for the new BV-Bold CC to get the 15 elite nights with the hopes that it would help me keep my status this year.....however, I saw that the nights dont post until March of the following year (like 2023??) - in other words, nothing to help with this year?

I’m not sure about the BV-Bold CC but I recently applied for the Amex Bonvoy business for similar reasons. The detailed terms for that clearly state 15 nights within 60 days of opening account and then by March 1 in subsequent calendar years.

Recommend checking the detailed terms for you CC - I suspect the terms would be similar.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by dgreen12
This.

The first year the card is open, the nights post within 60 days of the account opening date.

In subsequent years, the elite nights post by the date you reference.
This was my experience too, with the Marriott Bold (no annual fee) CC.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 5:22 am
Original Poster

thank you everyone - will see what happens
I tried reading the Marriott T&C - and much like the T&C for their promotions - I guess I am just not smart enough to understand or their lawyers speak a different language than I do.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:25 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
thank you everyone - will see what happens
I tried reading the Marriott T&C - and much like the T&C for their promotions - I guess I am just not smart enough to understand or their lawyers speak a different language than I do.
Read the T&C for the credit card, not the Marriott Bonvoy program T&C.

https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...tt-bonvoy/bold

click on Offer Details

15 Elite Credits:
Upon opening your Card Account, a maximum of 15 Elite Night credits will be credited to your Marriott Bonvoy® member account within 60 days. On or before March 1 of each [subsequent] calendar year, a maximum of 15 Elite Night Credits will be credited to your Marriott Bonvoy® Member Account operated by Marriott International, Inc., in accordance with Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions.
Although, interestingly the Chase terms are missing the word "subsequent" where the AMEX terms have it. AMEX just says "15 nights" vs. "maximum of 15 nights". Anyway the effect is the same.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Zorak - the obvious clarity made me laugh - not sure how I missed that other than the ongoing debate about the language regarding their recent promotion
thanks

-m
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Question because I'm curious: What happens if the new credit card account is opened very late in the year, for example December 20th? Do the 15 nights count for the current year when they eventually post (by about February 13th of the following year)?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Question because I'm curious:
I believe they relate back to the year the account was opened, but I don't have any personal experience on the issue.

Way back when (pre-SPG merger), the annual elite 15 nights posted on the anniversary date of the credit card's opening, so that if one acquired a card late in a calendar year, the nights posted at that time each and every year.

I know that because my card was inadvertently opened up in January, so the timing difference was to my favor from a planning perspective in working towards status each year. My business card was on a June or July cycle --- and it had the same elite night posting date each year.

The current system (of posting elite nights early in the year for everyone) is much better from my perspective.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Wow. Already posted!
even before I was able to charge anything as I just activated the card yesterday.
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Question because I'm curious: What happens if the new credit card account is opened very late in the year, for example December 20th? Do the 15 nights count for the current year when they eventually post (by about February 13th of the following year)?
The same year the card was opened. It went to the count of that year. This was an AMEX.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
I canceled my card in July and I had already received the 15 qualifying nights. I'm waiting for a good promo -- but if I were to sign up right now would I get a second 15 nights this year?
Old Sep 18, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cpworld
I canceled my card in July and I had already received the 15 qualifying nights. I'm waiting for a good promo -- but if I were to sign up right now would I get a second 15 nights this year?
I am pretty sure, they will have checks and balances to handle this (they already handle scenarios where people have personal cards from Chase & Amex), this said, with Marriott IT, you never know.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I am pretty sure, they will have checks and balances to handle this (they already handle scenarios where people have personal cards from Chase & Amex), this said, with Marriott IT, you never know.
I also have cards from Canada and the US. Sadly, there is no double dipping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.