Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hit 100 nights but short $XXX to Ambassador. (Discussion Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hit 100 nights but short $XXX to Ambassador. (Discussion Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2022, 10:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott - Platinum/LTG | KF *G QPPS (working on TPPS) | OZ - Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I do find it a bit humorous that all the people on this site who rail about how worthless Ambassador status is, have Ambassador status. It's obviously not so terrible that they take their business elsewhere...
I had ambassador status in 2019, didn't requalify for 2020, and don't particularly miss it. When I had it, I didn't notice any increase in upgrades to suites over SPG Plat - the status I had the year before. There were a few nice gestures (fresh fruit, bottle of wine etc) and hotel staff sometimes commented on it, but certainly wouldn't go out of my way to qualify.

Might drop from Titanium to Plat as well (only on track to cross 50 nights this year; we were slow to resume business travel). I'm losing zero sleep over that too!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Requalified this morning. While I agree that it isnt worth chasing, I actually do notice a difference compared to other levels. Upgrades are relatively conistent, and I usually receive some sort of welcome gift at most properties.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Hit 102 nights but short $17.4k to Ambassador. Options?

Any suggestions on how to achieve the remaining spend by EOY? Greatly appreciated. Thanks!

dgreen12 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Stop now and thank yourself that you didn’t blow an unnecessary $2,600 for minimal benefit
Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by gudugan

Any suggestions on how to achieve the remaining spend by EOY? Greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Amabssador is a waste of energy and money, but surely the obvious answer here is to spend money at hotels? Maybe find some with fancy restaurants and take a few people on the date of their lives?
gudugan likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Stop now and thank yourself that you didn’t blow an unnecessary $2,600 for minimal benefit
The person needs more than $17,000 additional spend for AMB, not just $2600.

At this point in the year, spending $200+ on a hotel room (excluding taxes, etc.) every remaining night of the year to NYE would just about do it.
SPN Lifer, UA-NYC and gudugan like this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by gudugan

Are you seriously considering spending 17,000 to achieve Ambassador? That seems like a lot of money no matter who you are, unless your last name is Musk.

But if you want to, book a series of suites at a hotel in Midtown Manhattan the week of Christmas to New Years so you can watch the ball drop from your room. That should kill most of it :-)
gudugan likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: Some
I was just thanked for being a Titanium on checking in at a Renaissance. When I pointed it out I was told it shows me as Titanium in their system. I have been Ambassador for four or five years now - tells you everything you need to know about Ambassador treatment…
goodeats21 and gudugan like this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I’ve got 4.4K spend and 102nd night tonight. Don’t bother with Ambassador. If you’re not after lifetime and there’s Hyatt footprint where you stay, put Hyatt on your bucket list and spend money there. If it wasn’t for lifetime being attainable at Marriott I would have completely switched long ago rather than flirting with Hyatt for the last year or so. I’m worried it might be a case of "Once you try Hyatt, there’s no going back”.
UA-NYC and gudugan like this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Schnit
Are you seriously considering spending 17,000 to achieve Ambassador? That seems like a lot of money no matter who you are, unless your last name is Musk.

But if you want to, book a series of suites at a hotel in Midtown Manhattan the week of Christmas to New Years so you can watch the ball drop from your room. That should kill most of it :-)
Seems obvious to me that OP was bragging about hitting 100 nights while only spending $2600. He made a tongue in cheek joke about needing to spend another $17K+.
TerryK, SPN Lifer, DELee and 4 others like this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:29 am

Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Seems obvious to me that OP was bragging about hitting 100 nights while only spending $2600. He made a tongue in cheek joke about needing to spend another $17K+.
I guess the OP was trying to show he only spend $26 per night, if there is no credit card free night credit.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 5:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by margarita girl
It’s a bit silly to brag because there are limited upgrades and benefits at hotels in those categories so there’s no point even going for higher status unless you have holidays in luxury hotels with lounges outside the US.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
It’s a bit silly to brag because there are limited upgrades and benefits at hotels in those categories so there’s no point even going for higher status unless you have holidays in luxury hotels with lounges outside the US.
Thanks for the laughs everyone.
For the rest of the year I have 6 nights booked at Prince de Galles on points with SNA and planning a handful of nights at W Taipei. Both have excellent elite treatment.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
100 NTS but NOT 20K

Very close to the 100 night threshold, but well short of the $20K annual spend for Ambassador.
Assuming benefits remain at Titanium Level unless there is a Titanium Plus that I'm not aware of
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Based on the feedback in the Ambassador thread, save your money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.