Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2022 Q4 Global Promo: "Make a Brand New Bucket List" Sept 21 - Dec 15

2022 Q4 Global Promo: "Make a Brand New Bucket List" Sept 21 - Dec 15

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 8, 22, 1:34 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 20, 22, 3:52 am

Programs: SQ(*G), A3(*G), LH(*S); Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Life would be easier (and the Lurkers/CS would have to answer fewer questions) if they just dropped all this second stay nonsense for promos.
Old Sep 20, 22, 6:16 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA PlatPro, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
When SPG had 11 brands, they had a promotion in 2016 that if you stayed at all 11 brands, you'd get 11K SPG pts (33K MAR pts). I did it and found it to be a fun promo. Design Hotels was the challenging one, but I found one in Athens that worked perfectly.
When Marriott did the 2018 brand promo, they gave a 10k extra bonus for hitting 10 brands, and an extra 29k if you stayed at all 29 brands.

I made the 10 easily enough, but always wondered how many people (if any!) made all 29. Staying in 29 brands in ~90 days would be pretty heroic, especially when you consider some of the tougher ones like Edition (only a couple properties) and Protea (mostly in Africa only). Anyone who made all 29 certainly deserved more than the equivalent of one free night at a Fairfield Inn.
Old Sep 20, 22, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Mr. BoH View Post
When Marriott did the 2018 brand promo, they gave a 10k extra bonus for hitting 10 brands, and an extra 29k if you stayed at all 29 brands.

I made the 10 easily enough, but always wondered how many people (if any!) made all 29. Staying in 29 brands in ~90 days would be pretty heroic, especially when you consider some of the tougher ones like Edition (only a couple properties) and Protea (mostly in Africa only). Anyone who made all 29 certainly deserved more than the equivalent of one free night at a Fairfield Inn.
To stay at 29 different brands in 90 days is extremely impressive! I am guessing some OCD people found a way to do it because they couldn't stand seeing the tracker at 27 out of 29.
Old Sep 20, 22, 6:40 am

Programs: UA1k 3.0mm, AA ex-EXP, Hy Glob, Acc Plt, HH Dia, Onyx Plt, Mar LT Tit, IHG DiaAmb, RR+RRA G, BW Dia
Originally Posted by Schnit View Post
To stay at 29 different brands in 90 days is extremely impressive! I am guessing some OCD people found a way to do it because they couldn't stand seeing the tracker at 27 out of 29.
To stop at 27 out of 29 would have been criminal.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 20, 22, 6:51 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA PlatPro, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
To stop at 27 out of 29 would have been criminal.
Yeah but who is going to make an unscheduled trip to Africa just to get 29k points??
kevino and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Sep 20, 22, 7:01 am

Programs: UA1k 3.0mm, AA ex-EXP, Hy Glob, Acc Plt, HH Dia, Onyx Plt, Mar LT Tit, IHG DiaAmb, RR+RRA G, BW Dia
I think I'll do 7.
I will do 10 brands in Bangkok in November in 11 one night stays. I'd have 11 brands in 13 nights, but will be staying at the SGS for free using Grande Club dining certs which don't even give stay credit, much less an eligible stay for this promotion.
SPN Lifer and margarita girl like this.
Old Sep 20, 22, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I will do 10 brands in Bangkok in November in 11 one night stays. I'd have 11 brands in 13 nights, but will be staying at the SGS for free using Grande Club dining certs which don't even give stay credit, much less an eligible stay for this promotion.
I'm also going to BKK, but I've decided to avoid all the brands that only give 500 pts as a welcome amenity, as that reduces your bonus from 2000 to 1500 pts not to mention diminished service levels, lounge access, etc.

I never patronize those brands anyhow if I have a choice.
Jiatong likes this.
Old Sep 20, 22, 3:39 pm

I'm also going to BKK, but I've decided to avoid all the brands that only give 500 pts as a welcome amenity, as that reduces your bonus from 2000 to 1500 pts not to mention diminished service levels, lounge access, etc.

I never patronize those brands anyhow if I have a choice.
I understand, however those brands can be $40 a night cheaper than the average 1000 point welcome amenity brands in Bangkok. Mainly I chose the brands I did based on how to get there from the previous hotel. Point to point planning is important when changing hotels hotels everyday, especially in Bangkok (to avoid traffic jams and dealing with the taxi mafia, if possible).

Lounge access is huge for me too (I won't stay at the W or St. Regis on principle bc they don't have a lounge), since I seem to have a personality disorder which won't allow me to pay for food. But sometimes it's nice not to have to worry about making it to the lounge for happy hour. It can be liberating.

Even the lower end Marriott brands in Bangkok are 3x more than what I pay for the Ibis Sathorn, where sometimes I can pay $23 per night all in, and where I get a free breakfast, good service (for example they let me store my bags there for a few days and they have a free tuk tuk shuttle), 5pm check-out, two free drinks, and I get the best rooms in the hotel.

Staying at cheaper properties from time to time makes me appreciate the nicer hotels more when I do stay at the nicer hotels. However, it doesn't seem to make me want to stay at the nicer hotels more often, especially since I have lifetime status with Marriott now (no need to requalify for elite status each year).
Old Sep 21, 22, 2:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Hilton Diamond, Caesars Diamond
A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”)
So I thought I was being smart and could stay at the same hotel and check in/out every day but this would only count as one stay. Would have to do this on two accounts as mentioned above.
I called in and asked if I have to use the MR credit card to get the 2k extra points. The answer was "no"

I'm currently mattress running at a Moxy and there's a Courtyard next door for about the same price, might break it up for fun.
Old Sep 21, 22, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by gudugan View Post
So I thought I was being smart and could stay at the same hotel and check in/out every day but this would only count as one stay. Would have to do this on two accounts as mentioned above.
I called in and asked if I have to use the MR credit card to get the 2k extra points. The answer was "no"

I'm currently mattress running at a Moxy and there's a Courtyard next door for about the same price, might break it up for fun.
If you back and forth between Moxy and CY you should be fine. If it's worth it to you to pack up and go next door

Or the alternating P1 and P2.

Making 3 straight nights as you unfortunately will not work.
SPN Lifer and gudugan like this.
Old Sep 21, 22, 6:14 pm

I understand, however those brands can be $40 a night cheaper than the average 1000 point welcome amenity brands in Bangkok. Mainly I chose the brands I did based on how to get there from the previous hotel. Point to point planning is important when changing hotels hotels everyday, especially in Bangkok (to avoid traffic jams and dealing with the taxi mafia, if possible).

Lounge access is huge for me too (I won't stay at the W or St. Regis on principle bc they don't have a lounge), since I seem to have a personality disorder which won't allow me to pay for food. But sometimes it's nice not to have to worry about making it to the lounge for happy hour. It can be liberating.

Even the lower end Marriott brands in Bangkok are 3x more than what I pay for the Ibis Sathorn, where sometimes I can pay $23 per night all in, and where I get a free breakfast, good service (for example they let me store my bags there for a few days and they have a free tuk tuk shuttle), 5pm check-out, two free drinks, and I get the best rooms in the hotel.

Staying at cheaper properties from time to time makes me appreciate the nicer hotels more when I do stay at the nicer hotels. However, it doesn't seem to make me want to stay at the nicer hotels more often, especially since I have lifetime status with Marriott now (no need to requalify for elite status each year).
I enjoyed reading your post! I too have this personality disorder I am currently enjoying a nice stay at the Marriott Marquis (NYC). In fact, I am tapping this from the M Club following a lovely snack that became dinner and my second free meal - courtesy of this hotel - today.

Tomorrow, I will check out of here and head to the JW Essex House for a night and, of course, 4K points. And I think they too have a lounge

It is great to see comments from many of you about maximizing promo bonuses. Clearly there are at least a few of us willing to take fairly extreme measures to win at this game. Such (big) kids we are 😁
kevino and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Sep 21, 22, 6:34 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by kaizen7 View Post

This is what was offered for me.

Special offer: Earn bonus points through December 15.
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on each eligible stay, starting with your second stay.*
  • Register now through December 1 to earn 2,000 bonus points after completing an eligible stay at participating hotels starting with your second stay. Stays must be completed from September 21 through December 15, 2022.

Sounsd like each stays after the first stay get a whooping 2000 bonus points
At least you got an offer. I got nothing!
Old Sep 21, 22, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Safti View Post
At least you got an offer. I got nothing!
It’s a global promo. Everyone is eligible. Here’s the link to register. it probably won’t work if it’s not in your account.

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/pro...promotion=BL22

See post #34 and get yourself registered.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 10:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, World of Hyatt Globalist, AAdvantage Gold, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast View Post
I still have some planning to do during the promotion period, including during Thanksgiving, but as of right now, barring any changes, I'll have 9 (Le Meridien, Westin, Marriott, JW Marriott, Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis, Luxury Collection, Sheraton, W). Ironically, even though I have only ever stayed at LM once, I have 3 LM stays coming up in the promotion period (San Francisco, Dubai Conference Center, and Le Royal in Dubai) - bad timing on my end to invest in LM :-)

If I end up doing Spain for Thanksgiving, I could see at least EDITION getting added to that list.
As an update, instead of Spain, I picked Italy, so now, I'll have 12 as I'm adding Aloft (don't ask), Autograph Collection, and Tribute Portfolio.
Old Sep 22, 22, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast View Post
As an update, instead of Spain, I picked Italy, so now, I'll have 12 as I'm adding Aloft (don't ask), Autograph Collection, and Tribute Portfolio.
And we won't tell.

David
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.

Search this Thread