Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2022 Q4 Global Promo: "Make a Brand New Bucket List" Sept 21 - Dec 15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 8, 2022, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Brand Bonus

Additional bonus of 2,000 points per brand for Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card holders for stays at Marriott Bonvoy participating hotel brands, starting with the second brand, will be awarded to the member’s account up to 6 weeks after the promotion ends.
Print Wikipost

2022 Q4 Global Promo: "Make a Brand New Bucket List" Sept 21 - Dec 15

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by margarita girl
You earn 2000 bonus points with your second brand, but it doesn't say that if you have an additional stay at that first brand you stayed at, that it is no longer eligible. In my case, my first stay will be at a Marriott and my 6th stay will be as well.

Christina, Abby, Lurkers, can you please give us an answer on this??? I will be emailing David Flueck if I don't get an answer.
I think you are overthinking this. It's 2000 points per brand starting with your 2nd brand. In your example, Marriott is your first brand. Courtyard (or wherever) is your 2nd brand, St Regis (or wherever) is your 3rd brand, etc. etc. Your 2nd stay at Marriott doesn't change the fact that Marriott was your first brand, so it doesn't earn more points. Just like a 2nd stay at Courtyard wouldn't earn more points.

So total promo points = (number of brands stayed at, minus 1) * 2000

Seems pretty obvious to me, but certainly I'd be happy to be wrong
SPN Lifer and WillBarrett_68 like this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
I think you are overthinking this. It's 2000 points per brand starting with your 2nd brand. In your example, Marriott is your first brand. Courtyard (or wherever) is your 2nd brand, St Regis (or wherever) is your 3rd brand, etc. etc. Your 2nd stay at Marriott doesn't change the fact that Marriott was your first brand, so it doesn't earn more points. Just like a 2nd stay at Courtyard wouldn't earn more points.

So total promo points = (number of brands stayed at, minus 1) * 2000

Seems pretty obvious to me, but certainly I'd be happy to be wrong
I called Customer Service and asked to escalate to a supervisor. Emilio from Elite Services confirmed that if I stay at that first brand a second time, it will count for 2000 bonus points. We shall see.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
I called Customer Service and asked to escalate to a supervisor. Emilio from Elite Services confirmed that if I stay at that first brand a second time, it will count for 2000 bonus points. We shall see.
Hope you are right! I looked back and Bonvoy did a very similar promo in Q4 2018 (bonus points per brand starting with 2nd brand), and I confirmed that for that promo I got 10 bonuses for staying at 11 brands. However Marriott is nothing if not inconsistent, so perhaps this one will be different!
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hope you are right! I looked back and Bonvoy did a very similar promo in Q4 2018 (bonus points per brand starting with 2nd brand), and I confirmed that for that promo I got 10 bonuses for staying at 11 brands. However Marriott is nothing if not inconsistent, so perhaps this one will be different!
I just checked my spreadsheet for that promo. My first brand was at a Renaissance, and I didn't stay at another Renaissance, so I can't reach any conclusion from that data!

Where's William when you need him!
Old Sep 19, 2022, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
When I first saw this promo, I missed the point about if being bonus points for different brands. That really makes this 'promo' garbage.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by rylan
When I first saw this promo, I missed the point about if being bonus points for different brands. That really makes this 'promo' garbage.
Its both...different brands and different stays.

Its not garbage if you have a lot of short stays at inexpensive brands, even if you ignore the different brands.

Someone who checks in/out 60 times over the next 3 months would get 120,000 bonus points...probably more than their base points. Assuming they are all FI at $100 a night, they would only be getting 105,000 assuming 10x+75% bonus.

I am sure that scenario applies to many people, so far from garbage
Old Sep 19, 2022, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by rylan
Well it is 2k for any brand, plus 2k for different brands, so 4k potential total per stay. While it's certainly not the most generous Bonvoy promo ever, it is certainly not garbage for people who have frequent, short stays. I'll probably clear 40k or 50k without trying hard, perhaps a bit more if I shift a couple stays to brands I may not have otherwise tried.

Definitely better than the last four months of "no promo at all".
Old Sep 19, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Well it is 2k for any brand, plus 2k for different brands, so 4k potential total per stay. While it's certainly not the most generous Bonvoy promo ever, it is certainly not garbage for people who have frequent, short stays. I'll probably clear 40k or 50k without trying hard, perhaps a bit more if I shift a couple stays to brands I may not have otherwise tried.

Definitely better than the last four months of "no promo at all".
My 1-night stay patterns are looking pretty good right now :-) Much better than Hyatt's current promo that limits earning to stays of 2 nights or more.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
My 1-night stay patterns are looking pretty good right now :-) Much better than Hyatt's current promo that limits earning to stays of 2 nights or more.
I'll be interested to know how many brands you hit.

I think I'll do 7.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I'll be interested to know how many brands you hit.

I think I'll do 7.
I still have some planning to do during the promotion period, including during Thanksgiving, but as of right now, barring any changes, I'll have 9 (Le Meridien, Westin, Marriott, JW Marriott, Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis, Luxury Collection, Sheraton, W). Ironically, even though I have only ever stayed at LM once, I have 3 LM stays coming up in the promotion period (San Francisco, Dubai Conference Center, and Le Royal in Dubai) - bad timing on my end to invest in LM :-)

If I end up doing Spain for Thanksgiving, I could see at least EDITION getting added to that list.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I still have some planning to do during the promotion period, including during Thanksgiving, but as of right now, barring any changes, I'll have 9 (Le Meridien, Westin, Marriott, JW Marriott, Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis, Luxury Collection, Sheraton, W). Ironically, even though I have only ever stayed at LM once, I have 3 LM stays coming up in the promotion period (San Francisco, Dubai Conference Center, and Le Royal in Dubai) - bad timing on my end to invest in LM :-)

If I end up doing Spain for Thanksgiving, I could see at least EDITION getting added to that list.
When SPG had 11 brands, they had a promotion in 2016 that if you stayed at all 11 brands, you'd get 11K SPG pts (33K MAR pts). I did it and found it to be a fun promo. Design Hotels was the challenging one, but I found one in Athens that worked perfectly.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 1:08 pm

When SPG had 11 brands, they had a promotion in 2016 that if you stayed at all 11 brands, you'd get 11K SPG pts (33K MAR pts). I did it and found it to be a fun promo. Design Hotels was the challenging one, but I found one in Athens that worked perfectly.
Now, that's a promo I would have loved!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 2:32 pm

I am guessing not many people achieved this promo
Old Sep 19, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
That does sound interesting, doing 11 brands with current Bonvoy would get us 20k/40k points depending on card holding.

I think, i will be hitting 8-10 brands (Marriott, JW Marriott, Fairfield, Aloft, LM, Sheraton, Courtyard, LC, Renaissance & Four Points). stays with first 5 brands in the list are already reserved so quite hopeful to get a lot of points at 4k per stay and some points at 2k.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 9:22 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Where's William when you need him!
Found him. Hilton Honors Ambassador

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.