Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2022 Q4 Global Promo: "Make a Brand New Bucket List" Sept 21 - Dec 15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 8, 2022, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Brand Bonus

Additional bonus of 2,000 points per brand for Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card holders for stays at Marriott Bonvoy participating hotel brands, starting with the second brand, will be awarded to the member’s account up to 6 weeks after the promotion ends.
Print Wikipost

2022 Q4 Global Promo: "Make a Brand New Bucket List" Sept 21 - Dec 15

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2022, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Norexan
Am I interpreting the T&C correctly? They're a little complicated. I have this upcoming trip and have a Bonvoy credit card.

Courtyard 1: First stay, no bonus.
Fairfield 1: Second stay, so 2000 + 2000 for staying at a different brand.
Fairfield 2: 2000 points only as it's the same brand.
Springhill 1: 2000 + 2000 for staying at a different brand.
Fairfield 3: 2000 points only as it's the same brand.

So that's 12,000 total bonus points, right?
Thats how I read it
gudugan and Norexan like this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Not being to register online or through the App, I called Marriott. I reported the issue, but the agent was not aware of this latest promotion. I helped her to find it, but she could not generate an email to confirm that I was registered. I don't see being enrolled on my online account either.
I selected the option to participate in a survey on the help that I received, but the agent did not hang up for a while and I was never directed to the survey.

I remember reporting a similar issue when I was participating in that UFC group from United Airlines and promptly after they changed the system so the caller could press #, to be directed to the survey.
I called a second time, to verify that I was registered and, after answering all the automated system, that had recognized my phone #, the agent asked for my Bonvoy account #!
She also was not aware of today's promotion.
She said that the promotion was "pending" on my account.

It had been a while since I called that Titanium Marriott Toll Free #; has the quality of the staff gone down or is it just those 2 calls?

Last edited by UASPG; Sep 7, 2022 at 2:33 pm
Old Sep 7, 2022, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by UASPG
Not being to register online or through the App, I called Marriott. I reported the issue, but the agent was not aware of this latest promotion. I helped her to find it, but she could not generate an email to confirm that I was registered. I don't see being enrolled on my online account either.
I selected the option to participate in a survey on the help that I received, but the agent did not hang up for a while and I was never directed to the survey.
This is completely normal. It takes 1-2 days before it shows up in your account. I called this morning to get enrolled and it has not appeared in my account yet either.
UASPG likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by mfirst
of note, all kidding aside - it looks like you get bonus points for having a branded credit card, but it does not require you to actually use the credit card for the stay?
...just have one?
That's how I read the T's and C's too. Thank you Chase and AMEX?

David
Old Sep 7, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Does me no good as I am staying at the same hotel for the rest of the year without checking out.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by estedman
Does me no good as I am staying at the same hotel for the rest of the year without checking out.
Hope you earn something good for that long stay.

David
Old Sep 7, 2022, 9:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
I earned a stupid amount of points in the last two years with the double point promos and I think we should all realize that with the flex point redemptions/standard devaluations that you can't be handing out points left and right and maintain standard redemptions. The only way to curb the amount of points out there is to make them worth something again by reducing how many are handed out. I don't see the promotion as an insult as compared to how elite benefits are just garbage domestically and Marriott support even at Ambassador level leaves A LOT to be desired.

Also mind you that travel is still at stupid levels and Marriott probably did this at the minimum just to offer what other hotel reward programs might be doing.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
This is completely normal. It takes 1-2 days before it shows up in your account. I called this morning to get enrolled and it has not appeared in my account yet either.
Promo is now in my account, about 12 hrs after I called CS.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 11:12 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I get the error when I try to register via the link, and the promo is not already showing in my account.

Maybe I'll just sit this one out.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I get the error when I try to register via the link, and the promo is not already showing in my account.

Maybe I'll just sit this one out.
Points is points....if you're already stayin', just sayin'

David
Old Sep 8, 2022, 5:35 am

Programs: communist, liberal and love Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
i got same message.

Originally Posted by UASPG
Am I the only one that received this message, when trying to register for this promotion?

"A Note About This Promotion
We're sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.

The reason for this error could be:

You're trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
You are not eligible for this promotion
This promotion has expired"
Old Sep 8, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I am also getting the ‘Computer Says No’ message so I called CS and the agent hadn’t heard of the promotion and insisted that the only way to register was by signing up and they continued to advise to to uninstall my app and to clear my browser cookies etc…

I waited a bit and recalled CS. This time another agent knew about the promotion, manually added me and said that it should appear it should appear on my account in 24-48 hours.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
In the next 45 days my wife has four stays totalling 9 nights, and I have a single night stay – at three different brands.

All are on points, or two Free Night Award credit card certificates plus "top-up".

Nothing in this promotion will induce us to change to any cash bookings
Old Sep 8, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Should we be concerned of these manual interventions? I mean, is this indicative of there being something wrong with our accounts if a global promotion such as this fails to appear? I guess what I'm saying is... what else are we missing out on?
Old Sep 8, 2022, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by George K
Should we be concerned of these manual interventions? I mean, is this indicative of there being something wrong with our accounts if a global promotion such as this fails to appear? I guess what I'm saying is... what else are we missing out on?
Like everything else at Marriott, it seems to be totally random. This is the second time I’ve not found the promo in my account and been unable to sign up with the link. Both times, I had to get CS to sign me up.

Normally, I get the global promos and the occasional random targeted promo.

Keep monitoring FT and you won’t miss out on anything.
SPN Lifer and MaxFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.