Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

How far are you from qualifying for Ambassador?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How far are you from qualifying for Ambassador?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2022, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Only 93 nights & $18,918 to go...Lloyd Christmas might have something to say about that
Old Aug 24, 2022, 6:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Be careful if you already have Ambassador and are trying to re-qualify. When I crossed 75 nights, I opened the app and it congratulated me for re-qualifying for Ambassador. I am not even close to getting to $20,000 either.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Interesting - I basically never get welcome amenities with Hyatt Globalist. Once, I got a note. I have much better luck with Marriott Ambassador on that front.
Obviously you haven't travelled to Asia.
UA-NYC and reggiekush like this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 4:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
100 EQN with only 5k USD spend. No further incentive to stay with Marriott for rest of 2022.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
I’m at $10k spend and 70 nights….will hit 100 nights for sure but I’m not as confident about hitting $20k. All of my stays are full service Marriotts in the OH, KY, IN areas so prices are a bit lower than the big cities

Last edited by buckeye91; Aug 26, 2022 at 3:23 am
Old Aug 25, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Obviously you haven't travelled to Asia.
I mean, yes, but I don't really see why that matters. If Ambassador treats me better than Globalist in the places I stay (I would love to visit Japan/China/Hong Kong, etc, but those places are still barred to tourists from what I've seen), then I don't know why that makes my experience invalid.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Repooc17
56 nights $2,496 spend
do I win any prize?

Not renewing Titanium for next year. I have one stay at Marriott property so far in the 2H of 2022.
58 nights and $1276 spend. Need a few more redemptions to lower the average cost a bit more!
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Xero
Be careful if you already have Ambassador and are trying to re-qualify. When I crossed 75 nights, I opened the app and it congratulated me for re-qualifying for Ambassador. I am not even close to getting to $20,000 either.
So you mean...be careful because the app is a piece of crap and lying? Or Marriott actually re-upped you to Ambassador even though you are far from the actual qualifications? Did you call Marriott AMB line and ask what's up?

-RM
Old Aug 25, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
So you mean...be careful because the app is a piece of crap and lying? Or Marriott actually re-upped you to Ambassador even though you are far from the actual qualifications? Did you call Marriott AMB line and ask what's up?

-RM
I experienced the same - it's an app glitch - the spend counter still shows real progress to Ambassador.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Originally Posted by RobOnLI

-RM
Re-reading my post, I wasn't clear. The app was lying.

Just wanted to make it clear to fellow FT'ers that you might get a note in the Marriott App saying you re-qualified for Ambassador. If you don't meet the 100 nights + 20K spend (as shown on the tracker), the app is lying.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 12:49 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Double the spend target, half the nights. Sigh. Not certain it is worth that much, so for example choosing between the 5 nights or 5 SNAs for my 50 night award - I haven't made my mind up yet as I can only see a clear track for perhaps another 30 nights without extra effort!

(Last year I hit the reduced spend, but not the nights, the year before hit the nights and not the spend.... I've never been ambassador, only Platinum Premier, I'm going to blame COVID, but the truth is that I slowed my travel down and found Asian places were a lot cheaper after I moved here)
Old Aug 26, 2022, 1:01 am

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
The real question is - why?

I have a lot of nights pending that might push me to ambassador vs Hilton titanium with rollover and milestone credits….. you do the math…..maybe I’m missing something. Lots of courtyard nights coming up and hard to see what the benefit might be?
rylan likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Why would anyone want Ambassador? I've not experienced any difference between Ambassador and Titanium except the Marriott Crystal City Gateway and the Courtyard ATL South at both of which I'm regularly upgraded to full suites and always get a handwritten note. No direct contact. Nothing special on my birthday or other milestones. Responses to emails take days...

I'm an Ambassador, but am putting my money where my mouth is and, although I have 70 nights so far I have under 5K spend and only expect another 10 nights in Marriott this year. I've gone full free agent this year with plenty of stays at other chains and Independents, and I've not missed my Ambassador service.
SPN Lifer, Duke777 and UA-NYC like this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
I guess I am sort of a free agent - but mainly between Hilton and Marriott - bouncing between the 2 depending on my need to reach status or whatever promotions they offer....considering that I am staying at mainly lower end properties (which is typically all that is offered where I go), reaching A-status is probably not realistic and unclear what value it brings to someone like me. Whatever place offers the best return (bonus, etc) - but that is a different thread right now.....essentially, it seems that all the places are the same and rarely are upgrades available regardless.....
Old Aug 26, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
After multiple ears of having my spend miscalculated, I've given up trying to reach it. I spent $8K at a hotel for a booking with 3 rooms this year and got zero spend credit after a mixup in posting points, which were added later, but the spend was never added. This has happened in previous year and I never found a way to resolve it. Hearing that the benefit is also not that great, no desire to shoot for it.
V

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.