Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy advertising campaign

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2022, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards

I was amazed to see Marriott taking up a whole 4 pages in the Times Saturday supplement today. Clearly needing to fill hotels. People will be shocked when they see the prices well above those advertised. Are Marriott struggling to fill their hotels? It doesn’t appear so.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
For at least the past 2 years, every single video I watch on IFE on American Airlines is prefaced by a Marriott Bonvoy ad - it's actually kind of a nice ad. Better than the migraine medicine ad on United yesterday that was so loud it gave me a migraine (and was subsequently followed by a Bonvoy ad).

I guess people still don't get what brands make up Bonvoy.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
For at least the past 2 years, every single video I watch on IFE on American Airlines is prefaced by a Marriott Bonvoy ad
The ads are the primary reason I never watch videos on planes. That, and the fact that they don't show anything worth watching.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The ads are the primary reason I never watch videos on planes. That, and the fact that they don't show anything worth watching.
I gave up on binge-watching HBO shows on UA, because I got so tired of seeing idiotic Bonvoy ads every 24 minutes. They are spectacularly smarmy, PC, and pointless. Why not save the the vast sums they waste on advertising and just offer a better product?
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by porciuscato
I gave up on binge-watching HBO shows on UA, because I got so tired of seeing idiotic Bonvoy ads every 24 minutes. They are spectacularly smarmy, PC, and pointless. Why not save the the vast sums they waste on advertising and just offer a better product?
What in the world would a non-PC advertisement be? I get that lots of people on this forum love nothing more than complaining about and criticizing Bonvoy. But, seriously, companies are going to advertise - an ad showing families getting together through travel seems like the last thing to complain about.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
What in the world would a non-PC advertisement be? I get that lots of people on this forum love nothing more than complaining about and criticizing Bonvoy. But, seriously, companies are going to advertise - an ad showing families getting together through travel seems like the last thing to complain about.
I am all for being inclusive, but in a natural way. In ads like Marriott's, it all seems so forced, contrived, and phony. It's idiotic and patronizing, particularly in light of the "books" you find on their nightstands.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 4:34 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I got an email from Marriott this week with the headline "It's never been easier to travel".

Just brilliant.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 4:36 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
What in the world would a non-PC advertisement be?
Having seen most Bonvoy ads in my time, I can only assume that he's upset that an advert would include anything other than straight white people.

Either that or he's using the old school version of "political correctness" and he's upset that the white men aren't groping the women and using colonial terms to harass people of other races.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Having seen most Bonvoy ads in my time, I can only assume that he's upset that an advert would include anything other than straight white people.

Either that or he's using the old school version of "political correctness" and he's upset that the white men aren't groping the women and using colonial terms to harass people of other races.
That poster must not be watching the same ads I am as Marriott is a global company, and showcasing people (who are going to look different) meeting other people across the globe seems like a natural facet of travel. Oh well, guess I shouldn't expect much from a self-proclaimed "Marriott life Plat and Hater".
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.