Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Why are Marriott website hotel/room pictures so poor?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2022, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC

The title pretty much sums it up. If you actually try to get pictures of a hotel, especially room pictures on the Marriott website when searching for hotels/rooms, the pictures are really useless. Most of the time, its the same pics for almost every room type at a hotel... a view of a bed, a view of a bathroom sink, a view of a sofa. No actual overall view of a room or even better a rendering showing the full layout. You get a handful of pictures and thats it. I've found it is much more useful and relevant to go to tripadvisor etc and look at reviewer pictures than the canned hotel pictures that Marriott took 20 years ago.

Similar to that, if you want to actually look at hotel amenity pictures, its pretty sad as well... a close up picture of somebody exercising on a piece of equipment does not give me a view of a gym. A staged perfect picture of a pool chair doesn't show me what the pool area looks like.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 4:52 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
This drives me crazy. I really want more pictures of the bathroom, especially when they say there is a tub. I want to see how long, how deep the tub is!
Intl359Widget and DutchessPDX like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
But here are 17 picture of the Presidential Suite!
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:28 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The Marriott websites appear to be designed to give as little away about the hotel as possible.

“dining options: We sometimes offer food, often in evenings! “
Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by nexus7556
This drives me crazy. I really want more pictures of the bathroom, especially when they say there is a tub. I want to see how long, how deep the tub is!
I just want to see that there isn't the dreaded picture window into the bathroom!! I understand it brings light in but who the hell wants a giant view into the toilet room from the bedroom??? I love my partner to death but there are just somethings I don't want to see.
zzap and nexus7556 like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:43 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
You know, they should really publish floor plans of the rooms along with the pictures. I realize that in some small, old properties (in Europe in particular) none of the rooms are the same, so it wouldn't apply there. But when there are just a few room layouts--other than suites--they could show the plan. They probably don't want to because then people will realize the actual size and not want to book. There is a lot of distortion going on with those fisheye lenses used for the room pictures.
rylan, altabello, BillBurn and 4 others like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 5:31 am
formerly rt23456p

Some hotels don't even release the size of their rooms... LOL... Had to use my design knowledge to estimate the room size
Old Jul 20, 2022, 5:44 am

I love when there is floor plans of hotel rooms, it changes everything when traveling with kids
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
This is from a recent stay… if you had seen this photo on their website would you still have stayed….
zzap and GalaxyChris like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Schnit
I love when there is floor plans of hotel rooms, it changes everything when traveling with kids
Completely agree - so often I am trying to decide if I should book a suite or not (at extra cost) and the website doesn't clearly depict if the room is a true suite with a door, if there's any sort of sleeping option in the living room (e.g. fold-out), etc. - just generic pictures. Very strange.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Will08
This is from a recent stay… if you had seen this photo on their website would you still have stayed….
This was the tub in the room we were given, and I said I would not bathe my child in that tub...

So they moved us to this room....

The front desk agent then took us to a third room and refused to even show us the bathroom. I just went to post a link to the photos from the website to find out the hotel (Fairfield Inn Cherry Hill NJ) was permanently closed. Shocker.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
You know the room is dire when you get a picture of the pillows and the corner of the bedside cabinet. Then pictures of food.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by stuartpig
You know the room is dire when you get a picture of the pillows and the corner of the bedside cabinet. Then pictures of food.
But there is a waffle iron, nothing else matters!
stuartpig and nexus7556 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.