Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bonvoy - How close are you to requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonvoy - How close are you to requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
41 nights. It’s theoretically possible for me to hit 50 but it would require a considerable cash outlay over current spending plans with Hotels.com. Like on the order of $1000-2000 to get comparable rooms/locations. That’s a hard no. Platinum was nice for 2021-2022 but it’s not that nice.

I’ll slip back to earned Gold and my plans for 2023 have me keeping a Charles Schwab Platinum card and ditching the Bonvoy Brilliant (downgrade to $95 AMEX or cancel without a compelling retention offer), so I will basically become pretty agnostic between Hotels.com (current Gold status), Marriott (Gold), Hilton (Diamond with Aspire) and Hyatt (Explorist via MGM tick-tock status match).
Sounds like you don't have the Amex business - why don't you get that, would push you over the threshold. The 15 nights stacks with the personal 15 nights.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
240 nights, around 14500.00 spend.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by estedman
240 nights, around 14500.00 spend.
Think we might have our night winner!
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by gudugan
Sounds like you don't have the Amex business - why don't you get that, would push you over the threshold. The 15 nights stacks with the personal 15 nights.
I don’t really have a legitimate business. (Yes, I know, everyone and their cousin has a “business” that sells $24.62 of gift cards or used socks on eBay every year and AMEX probably won’t care. I get it. I’m still reluctant to basically lie to a bank.)
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I don’t really have a legitimate business. (Yes, I know, everyone and their cousin has a “business” that sells $24.62 of gift cards or used socks on eBay every year and AMEX probably won’t care. I get it.)
Don't worry - I'm in the same boat, which is why I also don't have the card (no matter how many times Amex emails me to apply) :-)
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
78nts, many of which were thanks to the double night promo...and sitting on 18k spend. i will qualify for ambassador again this year but only because i am staying at some properties i enjoy on various holidays this late summer/fall. i did not set out to go for ambassador again this year, it just happened and will not fight for it next year given how watered down it even is.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Sitting at 72 nights and around $8K in spend (the number is high due to the gift at the beginning of the year and credit card nights). I have about 30 more nights booked for the rest of the year and about $7K more in spend. I'm debating whether I book more nights with Marriott to retain Ambassador. I've had it every year since it began with SPG but see next to no value from it (above Titanium) since there is no dedicated ambassador, Your24 is a joke, and I feel like upgrades are meh in the US. I will requalify for Hyatt Globalist in the next two months and will likely continue to hit milestones there for the added benefits those bring.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
Nowhere near close. I'll be losing my Ambassador status at the end of the year, and then riding off into the sunset with Lifetime Titanium. Job change took me off the road, and I'll be a free agent once my points balance dries up. Ambassador was basically worthless for the few months I had it before Covid hit, and hasn't done anything for me since.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I have nine nights this year, and those are nine too many - I wish I could've racked them up with Hyatt, but alas, between Montréal in February and no footprint for them at that point, no availability in Paris when I was there last month and some points poking about...

I echo MotelRomeo's comment above; my Ambassador status is a carryover from 2020, I finally made LTP in November 2021 and this is the year I let my useless Ambassador membership expire. I've already gone off building status with Hyatt and Hilton over 2021 and with Hyatt in 2022, and while they aren't perfect, they are leaps and bounds ahead of Marriott. Ambassador is a masterpiece of overpromising and underdelivering, and Marriott would do everyone [especially themselves] a service by finally killing it off.

khabah
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
125 nights and 12.500 spend (hotels are getting expensive - haven't seen a sub $100 night yet) but also requalified Diamond at Hilton already as well
Should have no trouble maintaining ambassador
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United 1k, ITA CE, Marriott Ambr, Hertz Pres, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres
I am at 101 nights and $18,604. At 100 nights I got a message in app that said congrats on re qualifying for Ambassador, not worried either way as I will easily clear 20k. Would imagine I end up closer to 150 nights and $30k in spend this year.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:05 pm

Currently at 49 nights with at least 21 nights booked in July already. Plus I plan on claiming the 5 elite nights as my "gift" when I hit 50, so I'll easily get to 75 to retain Titanium. No interest in Ambassador.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:44 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Currently at 41 nights and will easily get to 50 in the next couple months of Platinum next year will be fairly easy for me. I’m currently trying to figure out if I have enough travel to push myself to 75 nights (or 70 + the 5 EQN gift) and renew Titanium, or if I should attempt to go for low level status at Hilton or Hyatt.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Think we might have our night winner!
I wish I wasn't. I want to sleep in my own bed and have not since the second week of Jan.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Sitting at 87 nights (26 actual butt-in-bed) and $19,616 in spend. Ambassador won't be a problem, and already requalified for Hilton diamond as well.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.