Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonvoy screwed up now what ??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Bonvoy screwed up now what ??

Bonvoy messed up my reservation , I transferred points from Chase to pay for the reservation and now they can’t honor the reservation, they opened a case ….what are my options ?? I now have 362,000 Bonvoy points that I can’t use
Old Jun 20, 2022, 7:11 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Steven Hartstein
Bonvoy messed up my reservation , I transferred points from Chase to pay for the reservation and now they can’t honor the reservation, they opened a case ….what are my options ?? I now have 362,000 Bonvoy points that I can’t use
Transfer 360,000 bon-void points to airlines. Most companies will earn 150k miles, UA 10% more if you enroll in the Rewards Plus partnership.
KRSW and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Steven Hartstein
Welcome to flyertalk - Marriott Bonvoy thread, maybe you can start by providing a little more details as in what happens and so for us to advise you the best of next action.
ajf87 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:44 am

What did they mess up? Hard to offer advice without the issue
TXJeepGuy, benfro6 and imverge like this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Tanic
Transfer 360,000 bon-void points to airlines. Most companies will earn 150k miles, UA 10% more if you enroll in the Rewards Plus partnership.
You're basically advising OP to take a 50% haircut on the points since they could have transferred the points directly to an airline 1:1.

OP- you're very unlikely to get any resolution aside from perhaps a few bonus points depending on how big of a screw up it was. You can still find redemptions worth 2-4 cents a point at high-end Marriott properties. I'd advise finding a way to use the points for that.
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, HA PL, Hilton 💎, Marriott Ti, Wyndham/Caesars 💎, Hertz PC
Vague post is vague.

Also on you for transferring Chase UR to Marriott in the first place.
TXJeepGuy likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by rucksack
You're basically advising OP to take a 50% haircut on the points since they could have transferred the points directly to an airline 1:1.
Because OP said this:

I now have 362,000 Bonvoy points that I can’t use
Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: Some...
If OP can't use 362,000 Bonvoy Points, I'll gladly accept them...
Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Tanic
Because OP said this:
I now have 362,000 Bonvoy points that I can’t use
Sure, but can't is a strong word. I'm sure OP could find a way to use 362,000 Bonvoy points... and most of them would be a better value than transferring to an airline.
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:12 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by rucksack
He took the haircut by transferring UR points to Marriott.
Tanic and KRSW like this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
He took the haircut by transferring UR points to Marriott.
Lol touché. So let’s not add insult to injury here.

In all seriousness, Marriott points are generally much less valuable than other transfer options. But you can still find fantastic value in some places. For example, even after award chats were axed, a room at the St. Regis Maldives that goes for $24k+ for 5 nights can be got for 450k points. That’s over 5 cents per point. You’d be hard pressed to find that kind of value in airline redemptions these days.
ean2015 and KRSW like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.