Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy for Ukrainians in Ukraine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy for Ukrainians in Ukraine

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Question Marriott Bonvoy for Ukrainians in Ukraine

We will talk about those status Ukrainians who are now in Ukraine and do not have the opportunity to go abroad for various reasons. Whether it's a government travel ban for men or something else.

On February 24, the life of Ukrainians was turned upside down due to Russia's unjustified full-scale military invasion of Ukraine. There is no end in sight to this aggression, so I decided to ask Marriott:

1) can it extend free nightly certificates, for example those that are valid until 06/30/2022?
2) Does Marriott have any plans to renew Elite Status for 2023?

There is only 1 Marriott hotel in Ukraine, which is now closed for obvious reasons.

There are 0 options left to use these free nightly certificates and requalify status for the next year.

Perhaps for someone this information will be a discovery, but in Ukraine there are no co-branded cards, so there are no bonus 15 (30) elite night credits. All the necessary amount you need to live in hotels. It is difficult in peacetime, now it is impossible at all.

I hope that someone from Marriott management sees this message or someone has the opportunity to ask about it there, because the support service on social networks has such an impression that they are not at all aware of what is happening in Ukraine, and they do not respond to e-mails.

Who has any thoughts on this?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by GLOOMER
We will talk about those status Ukrainians who are now in Ukraine and do not have the opportunity to go abroad for various reasons. Whether it's a government travel ban for men or something else.

On February 24, the life of Ukrainians was turned upside down due to Russia's unjustified full-scale military invasion of Ukraine. There is no end in sight to this aggression, so I decided to ask Marriott:

1) can it extend free nightly certificates, for example those that are valid until 06/30/2022?
2) Does Marriott have any plans to renew Elite Status for 2023?

There is only 1 Marriott hotel in Ukraine, which is now closed for obvious reasons.

There are 0 options left to use these free nightly certificates and requalify status for the next year.

Perhaps for someone this information will be a discovery, but in Ukraine there are no co-branded cards, so there are no bonus 15 (30) elite night credits. All the necessary amount you need to live in hotels. It is difficult in peacetime, now it is impossible at all.

I hope that someone from Marriott management sees this message or someone has the opportunity to ask about it there, because the support service on social networks has such an impression that they are not at all aware of what is happening in Ukraine, and they do not respond to e-mails.

Who has any thoughts on this?
Sorry but all of the things heartbreakingly going on in Ukraine, and you are worried about this?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by supatight80
Sorry but all of the things heartbreakingly going on in Ukraine, and you are worried about this?
My guess is that this topic is personally relevant to the OP. This is a global community.

When COVID first hit, we all had "better things to worry about" but hotels still took the time and effort to extend status, certs, etc. It's possible to handle more than one thing at once.
GLOOMER, jaejaez, Dav77 and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by supatight80
not so much, of course, but I would like to celebrate the victory of Ukraine and the entire civilized world with additional privileges
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:09 pm

Let's get to the victory part first.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL DM
Not something I would be worrying about.

I would put staying alive or making it past the war higher on the priority list than getting access to a free night certificate or SNA or other trivialities in life.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:59 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
As a host of two human and two feline Ukrainian refugees I can confirm that refugees have a lot of time on their hands and can work themselves up about the most trivial topics. Fortunately the two women do not have elite status, so they do not fret about this.

Considering Marriott has not cut off their commercial ties with Russia - 12 hotels are still available for tonight in Moscow alone - I doubt they will loudly do anything to support Ukrainians (and irritate the orcs). Perhaps Marriott will quietly extend the status/certificates of the likely not so numerous elite members with a Ukrainian postal address.

Slava Ukraina!
notquiteaff likes this.

Last edited by cbellero; Jun 22, 2022 at 2:52 am
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by arlflyer
My guess is that this topic is personally relevant to the OP. This is a global community.
We already have a thread on the forum about how Marriott is reacting ref it’s business operations in Russia, and it’s a legitimate topic to discuss whether Bonvoy should offer any support / relief to its members in Ukraine.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:47 am

I would imagine that Marriott would be willing to make exceptions for those who reach out, assuming your address of record with them is indeed in Ukraine. Maybe send a PM to one of the Lurkers and ask?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by cre95
Not something I would be worrying about.

I would put staying alive or making it past the war higher on the priority list than getting access to a free night certificate or SNA or other trivialities in life.
Fortunately, you are not OP!
gojko88 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cbellero
As a host of two human and two feline Ukrainian refugees I can confirm that refugees have a lot of time on their hands and can work themselves up about the most trivial topics. Fortunately the two women do not have elite status, so they do not fret about this.

Considering Marriott has not cut off their commercial ties with Russia - 12 hotels are still available for tonight in Moscow alone - I doubt they will loudly do anything to support Ukrainians (and irritate the orcs). Perhaps Marriott will quietly extend the status/certificates of the likely not so numerous elite members with a Ukrainian postal address.

Slava Ukraina!
Geroyam Slava !!!

P.S. I am not a refugee and in Ukraine I do not have a summary time to sit with my hands folded
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Schnit
I would imagine that Marriott would be willing to make exceptions for those who reach out, assuming your address of record with them is indeed in Ukraine. Maybe send a PM to one of the Lurkers and ask?
Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to reach anyone from Marriott management, and all support workers at the moment are pretending that nothing unusual is happening in Ukraine, so all the answers boil down to the fact that there are no extensions. By the way, none of the three Marriott Bonvoy Lurker (I, II, III) have responded here either
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to reach anyone from Marriott management, and all support workers at the moment are pretending that nothing unusual is happening in Ukraine, so all the answers boil down to the fact that there are no extensions. By the way, none of the three Marriott Bonvoy Lurker (I, II, III) have responded here either
Doubtful they would weigh in on any politically sensitive subject.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TomMM
Doubtful they would weigh in on any politically sensitive subject.
Sadly, the management itself could have silently made some human decisions on this topic without asking customers for a long time.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Try PM the Lurkers so the discussions can be conducted privately, if they are concerned about responding publicly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.