Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Extensions to Free Night Certificates *Expiring 30 June 2022* ?

Extensions to Free Night Certificates *Expiring 30 June 2022* ?

Old Jul 1, 22, 1:14 pm

deleted

Last edited by Ord Liza; Jul 3, 22 at 7:41 am
Old Jul 1, 22, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, Marriott Titanium
According to DOC, these certificates got another extension:

Marriott has extended free night certificates that were expiring on June 30, 2022 until December 31, 2022. No official announcement has been made, but you should see the new expiration date on your certificates.

I can't imagine how many certificates were burned at local FF or CY in the past week or two just not to 'waste' them, #bonvoyed?
Old Jul 1, 22, 3:53 pm

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by gokeeper View Post

Marriott has extended free night certificates that were expiring on June 30, 2022 until December 31, 2022. No official announcement has been made, but you should see the new expiration date on your certificates.

I can't imagine how many certificates were burned at local FF or CY in the past week or two just not to 'waste' them, #bonvoyed?
Im hopeful, but skeptical. My expiring certs disappeared from my account on June 30th.
nk15 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 22, 4:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by gokeeper View Post

They also extended the expiring SNA's. Then reported it as a glitch and are canceling them. There's been no announcement from Bonvoy about this. So I am skeptical too.
nk15 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 22, 7:04 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
I had 8 SNAs expiring 6/30/22 that appear to have been extended to 12/31/22.

I had 3 FNAs expiring 6/30/22, at least as of Monday, that I burned on 3 1 night stays at different hotels 6/29 - 6/30 just to at least get the elite night credits. I will be pretty peeved if they extended FNAs especially because I asked the Ambassador team to extend them last week and they told me, politely, to pound sand.
yscleo likes this.
Old Jul 1, 22, 7:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by BillBurn View Post
I had 8 SNAs expiring 6/30/22 that appear to have been extended to 12/31/22.
Check the SNA thread and prepare to be unhappy.
escapefromphl likes this.
Old Jul 1, 22, 8:45 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post
I’m hopeful, but skeptical. My expiring certs disappeared from my account on June 30th.
I'm not hopeful, they are getting an earful on Twitter though and I assume other social media as well.

https://twitter.com/search?q=marriot...d_query&f=live

Last edited by escapefromphl; Jul 1, 22 at 8:51 pm
Old Jul 1, 22, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Plat, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
The early expiration got me too, I posted in another thread about it. Agent told me all they could do was request for an extension and I'd hear back in 3 days. I stayed in a different, non-marriott hotel instead as he was insistent it couldn't be used any more even though it should have been valid for a hotel that night.
Antarius and nk15 like this.
Old Jul 1, 22, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA "mid tier" elite | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker View Post
Hello Techtravler,

The stay needs to be finished and checked out before the expiration date of the certificate, So the stay must be done before June 30, 2022.
This is not correct at all. And a cursory search of marriott.com reveals as much : https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-33743

• A Free Night Award must be redeemed for the Stay by its expiration date.
    • If your Free Night Award expires on December 31, 2022, your Check-In date can be December 31, 2022 and Check-Out date is January 1, 2023.
Between the misinformation here, the IT disaster expiring them a day early and the fact that I got a reply to my booking request AT 3:30 PM (long after plan making was possible), there isn't much interpretation in terms of the disdain that Marriott holds over it's supposedly valuable members.
Mr. Vker, yscleo and nk15 like this.
Old Jul 2, 22, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium. Life: UA 540K mi., United & Admirals Clubs, Marr. Gold
Originally Posted by BillBurn View Post
I had 3 FNAs expiring 6/30/22, at least as of Monday, that I burned on 3 1 night stays at different hotels 6/29 - 6/30 just to at least get the elite night credits.
Unfortunately, under the Marriott Bonvy Terms & Conditions, one cannot get multiple Elite Qualifying Night (EQN) credits for a single calendar night. You should have started two days earlier.

Night credit / points for overlapping stays
yscleo and Antarius like this.
Old Jul 2, 22, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by typical View Post
The early expiration got me too, I posted in another thread about it. Agent told me all they could do was request for an extension and I'd hear back in 3 days. I stayed in a different, non-marriott hotel instead as he was insistent it couldn't be used any more even though it should have been valid for a hotel that night.
Same here. I reached out to Marriott and they got back with me at 3:30 PM and acted as though that's an appropriate reply time to book something for that night.

I've been shifting a lot of my stays to Hyatt and with this latest needlessly customer unfriendly move, going to cancel my Marriott card and move over completely. Philosophically, I do not not treat my customers the way Marriott treats me and that's an issue.
Old Jul 2, 22, 11:20 am

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Originally Posted by Antarius View Post
I've been shifting a lot of my stays to Hyatt
Does Hyatt Status match ? Does Lifetime Plat on Marriott get me anything on Hyatt to bootstrap me?
Old Jul 2, 22, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by legionnaire View Post
Does Hyatt Status match ? Does Lifetime Plat on Marriott get me anything on Hyatt to bootstrap me?
Hyatt offered me Globalist in 2019 thru their partnership with American. I had to complete a number of stays within the next 6 months to have it be valid for the next year.

I believe they offer status challenges where you stay a limited number of nights and expedite the process. I would call and ask - depending on how many stays/value you offer, they may be willing to incentivize you.
legionnaire likes this.
Old Jul 2, 22, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Same here. I reached out to Marriott and they got back with me at 3:30 PM and acted as though that's an appropriate reply time to book something for that night.

I've been shifting a lot of my stays to Hyatt and with this latest needlessly customer unfriendly move, going to cancel my Marriott card and move over completely. Philosophically, I do not not treat my customers the way Marriott treats me and that's an issue.
I cancelled my Marriott card earlier this year as well after they switched to dynamic pricing, which made it even harder to get good value on the certs in the US.
Old Jul 2, 22, 6:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
This is not correct at all. And a cursory search of marriott.com reveals as much : https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-33743

Between the misinformation here, the IT disaster expiring them a day early and the fact that I got a reply to my booking request AT 3:30 PM (long after plan making was possible), there isn't much interpretation in terms of the disdain that Marriott holds over it's supposedly valuable members.
Marriott just can’t seem to get its act together. It’s a a bit too obvious to me that the customers with heads in the bed are seen as more of a nuisance to tolerate than as valuable customers deserving of respect and empathy from the company. The customer response to Marriott being what it has become: going as mercenary as possible when making spending decisions.
yscleo, Antarius and puchong like this.

Search this Thread