Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ : The Marriott Bonvoy "Ultimate Reservation Guarantee"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Ultimate reservation guarantee for the Bonvoy program:
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mem...i#Arrival_gift
Print Wikipost

FAQ : The Marriott Bonvoy "Ultimate Reservation Guarantee"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Need more info on the stain. If it was just a stain and dry then I’d make do given the circumstances and then ask for remuneration in the morning.

asking for URG twice is absolutely hilarious regardless of the reason.
Nazdoom and nancypants like this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 6:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by myperks
Forgive me but what’s calcified water stains. I mean I know what it is but I can’t picture it in this instance stretching across the room.
To me, calcified water stain would imply that the water has dried, so I don't understand why the room/suite is uninhabitable unless there's also mold/mildew.

If the "lady" only has Titanium status, why is she talking with a (VIP?) Ambassador at all?
DJ_Iceman and wrp96 like this.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Dec 9, 2019 at 6:52 pm
Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel to Residence Inn Exton is 20 minutes drive
Residence Inn to Courtyard Exton is 15 minutes drive

you should also ask Lyft to reimburse the hundreds of dollars fare, what a scam
Old Dec 8, 2019, 9:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
It is interesting in this age of smart phones, (Even hold flip phones have cameras) that no one seems to be able to take pictures of the problem before coming on here and complaining. Just saying.
ntamayo, cawhite, Newman and 6 others like this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:06 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by dragonfang196
When I called later and spoke with VIP ambassador (during my honeymoon, no less) he accused Lady of "embellishing" the events, and kept reiterating that she "chose to leave" - even though the staff advised her against staying and they declared the room unlivable... My lady is Titanium status and is going for the same this year, but even if she were staying for a Marriott for the first time nobody deserves to be treated this way!
Wait. You had to deal with this horror on your honeymoon? Where was Lady?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by cfischer
So wait, you got 90k points and $100? ... now you want it twice? Really?
This.

Originally Posted by Collierkr
... asking for URG twice is absolutely hilarious regardless of the reason.
And this.

And, as is often the case with threads like this, I expect that there's more to this story.
Newman likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Did you get a refund of your suite at the Sheraton? Did you pay for your room at the Courtyard?

I think it's fair you pay for the Courtyard room since you actually spent the night there and then get one time Ultimate Reservation guarantee.

Try to claim the transport if you have receipts - I haven't tried Lyft but my experience with Uber is not so great, I ended up paying 30% more than the price they quoted, if it's half an hour ride and you use a big lyft (if you have a lot of bags), then it could easily end up with a $50 dollar ride one way.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 3:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
This.

And this.

And, as is often the case with threads like this, I expect that there's more to this story.
Agreed. There must be more to this story. A calcified water stain is not toxic nor dangerous. Perhaps unsightly but hard to imagine that requires a hotel move in the middle of the night.

Hundreds of dollars in Lyft rides seems an exaggeration as well.

OP - please explain or provide pictures if you want us to take your gripe more seriously.
cawhite, Newman, cre95 and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:28 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
12:30am checkin to a room with a stained carpet. Get into bed, go to sleep, there’s bigger things to worry about, it could take a couple of hours and cab rides and who wants all that hassle. It’s a water stain!
Oh and the title of this thread is that the “Ultimate Guarantee is a scam” - even though the one hotel that didn’t honour the reservation, the Residence Inn, actually paid out on it.
This is clearly a Hyperbole rant thread - I wonder where the truth actually lies? Because the title here is definitely NOT the truth - dragonfang you need to be aware that by your own admission the Ultimate Reservation Guarantee isn’t a scam, it paid out! You said so!
Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dragonfang196
Posted in Insiders, but thought I'd post here too.

Lady stayed at the King of Prussia Hotels | Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel and what a nightmare that was:
  1. Checked in at 12:30am with an agent
  2. Found calcified water stain in suite stretching from bedroom to living room and confirmed by security guard on duty
  3. Offered to stay in the room - in a cot, in a different room, and the security guard recommended against that.
  4. Room was unlivable - as verified by the staff and security guard.
  5. Asked for options and agent was supremely unhelpful and untrained ("deer in headlights") only saying that the hotel was full. Agent called general reservations line and then, an hour later, showed up at ResInn Exton.
  6. ResInn Exton says no vacancy and then sent Lady to another hotel (Courtyard Exton) and arrives after another hour - it's now 2:30am.

Thus: two hour delay, hour or so wasted commuting in the morning, hundreds of dollars spent on Lyft rides.

We expect Marriott to honor the Ultimate Reservation Guarantee - Elite Member Benefits Guarantee | Marriott Bonvoy for $200 and 90,000 points from SVF, and $100 and 90,000 points from ResInn Exton.

What's happened since:
  1. ResInn Exton sent 90,000 points immediately and promised the $100 check to us (after a little followup). They were apologetic, and I appreciated their getting back to me.
  2. SVF denied URG, provided only 25,000 points.
    1. When I called later and spoke with VIP ambassador (during my honeymoon, no less) he accused Lady of "embellishing" the events, and kept reiterating that she "chose to leave" - even though the staff advised her against staying and they declared the room unlivable.
    2. I emailed Arne Sorenson and any other C-suite marriott person I could find trying to file a formal complaint against the property and the VIP ambassador, but they just blew it off, forwarding the email to the GM of SVF, who responded basically saying tough luck you got 25,000 points and a refund for the night (that she didn't stay!)
Any thoughts? Sheraton Valley Forge, their management, VIP ambassador, GM, etc. scammed her out of 90,000 points and a $200 check. If Marriott provides a room that isn't livable the reservation is not honored. Per the T&C if they do not honor the reservation "we’ll pay for your accommodations that night at a nearby hotel and compensate you for the inconvenience".

Extremely frustrating experience, especially with the woefully undertrained staff making life more difficult in wee hours of the morning, and a VIP ambassador who clearly does not care at all about guests or guest experience, instead going full combative and accusatory.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on how to resolve this situation that would be fantastic. My lady is Titanium status and is going for the same this year, but even if she were staying for a Marriott for the first time nobody deserves to be treated this way!
I'm very confused by your email, maybe there's a language issue, so bear with me.

You showed up at a hotel in the middle of the night with an agent (like FBI or travel agent?) or do you mean the front desk staff? I ask because later you speak of a 'lady' like she's your client. Are you the travel agent?

Not sure what a calcified water stain is, or how a security guard is qualified to claim that a room is 'unliveable' because of a water stain.

But the hotel is otherwise full and you or the 'lady' were walked to another hotel. The time of night is irrelevant, as this could just as easily have happened in the afternoon.

The points were refunded but you want them again? Why? The whole thing sounds embellished and exaggerated to me.
Newman and nancypants like this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 5:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There is nothing here. Hopefully soon to be closed.
Newman likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
we need pictures of this 'calcified water stain' that made the room unlivable....
Newman likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
No lady invites a security guard into her room at 12:30 am to render an opinion on whether a stain makes the suite unlivable or not.....and no security guard who wants to keep his/her job would criticize the standards of his/her employer's room cleaning and maintenance to a customer and suggest that the customer move to a different hotel.
Newman likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
We don't need to be critical of the OP and take his words for it, and treat it objectively, no need to scorn him or accuse him, if you don't believe he is telling the truth, simply ignore the post and let it die.

As for my take, assuming you're telling the truth, which is always a courtesy from one FlyerTalk poster to another unless proven otherwise.

1) Why does calcified water stain make a room unlivable? To my American friends, I believe the OP means what we would call Hard Water Stains. They are annoying, and recommended to be cleaned up and do away with ASAP, but they are not dangerous and doesn't pose any health risks like moles. I believe it's the wrong call to have a security officer and a staff to declare a room "unlivable" based on hard water stains. Unless you're really trying to say moles, then that's a completely different story.

2) It is wrong for them to send you to Residence Inn without a confirmed room. This again can be two cases: 1) Did they confirmed a room but Residence Inn drop the ball later? 2) They didn't and simply sent you there.

3) As for compensation. I really believe Residence Inn owes you nothing because your lady was sent there and not reserved with them directly. I am actually very surprise they give you 90,000 points and cash. Although I don't typically stay at Residence Inn, but they will be on good terms in my book next time I'm in the area.

4) Your chief complain should be with SVF directly. But again, hard water stain... I'm sorry... that shouldn't be reason to declare a room unlivable. Again, assuming you're not trying to say mole, I think this one is tough.

All in all, I would say, be happy with the 115,000 points and $100 check you've already gotten. Exton has a lot of great restaurants, hope that made up for the bad feelings.
JohnneeO likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 8:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
1) Why does calcified water stain make a room unlivable? To my American friends, I believe the OP means what we would call Hard Water Stains. They are annoying, and recommended to be cleaned up and do away with ASAP, but they are not dangerous and doesn't pose any health risks like moles. I believe it's the wrong call to have a security officer and a staff to declare a room "unlivable" based on hard water stains. Unless you're really trying to say moles, then that's a completely different story.
It would be a strange thing indeed to have moles in a hotel room!

Twickenham and TGLoyalty like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.