Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Diego Escondido/Downtown [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2022, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

Stay Report: 18-19 May 2022

Needed a night in the northern part of San Diego County. This is the hotel I picked because of a) the age of the hotel (newer/newest among those I was considering - hotel's website says 2019 build) and b) it wasn't terribly far from where I needed to be the next morning and c) parking was free.

Booked a 1 King room given what was available the day before and not necessarily wanting a 2nd bed in the room.

Greeted as a Titanium and was offered an item out of the pantry or points - decided I didn't need more soda or water bottle or snack, took the points.

Property sits on a hill notched out above I15 and fairly close to the I15/SR 78 intersection. So, yeah, this is what goes for what is downtown Escondido.

Night time arrival exteriors:

Light at intersection to get back onto La Terraza Blvd:

Was provided with the keys to room 419 - fairly close to the elevators:

Standard issue SHS Gen 2 room in decent shape for a 2019 opening:

Lame "put a card here to keep the lights and power on feature"

barn door to bathroom:

Night time looking out toward west - so yeah, Titanium gets a view but the residual noise from I15:

Common areas and elevator floors have this graphic which seems to celebrate Escondido and skateboarding:

For the workout fanatics:

Is pool:

Laundry Room @ $4 per wash and per dray (yellow controller allows pay and control for both machines):

Foggy/hazy AM views from room:

Breakfast offerings:

Bar and common areas:

Any Subaru lovers?

AM exterior and the 24 Hr Fitness across the lot:

Other notes:

Free parking.

Had I wanted quieter I guess I could have gone back down to pick off an even numbered room but all that would have had is a view to the hill. Soundproofing was adequate but your ears and hearing may vary.

I'll probably go back simply because this property isn't (currently) older than dirt and is in good shape after CV-19 times.

David
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.

Last edited by DELee; May 30, 2022 at 8:06 pm
Old May 30, 2022, 8:17 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Interesting - looks like the room has more art than some of the full-service properties I stay at. Bare walls really are a bummer. Perhaps, this SHS should be an inspiration for the JWs of the world :-)
Old May 30, 2022, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Interesting - looks like the room has more art than some of the full-service properties I stay at. Bare walls really are a bummer. Perhaps, this SHS should be an inspiration for the JWs of the world :-)
Perhaps. But, as one who tends toward the lower end of the Marriott (and Hilton and Hyatt) chains, sometimes any art is good simply because quite often the rooms look basically like overnight prison cells.

David
Old May 30, 2022, 8:21 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
Perhaps. But, as one who tends toward the lower end of the Marriott (and Hilton and Hyatt) chains, sometimes any art is good simply because quite often the rooms look basically like overnight prison cells.

David
A la my undecorated former apartment! White walls as far as the eye can see!
Old May 30, 2022, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
A la my undecorated former apartment! White walls as far as the eye can see!
FWIW, a room art and hotel premises thread started in Hilton Forum in 2021 and ended over in TravelBuzz (where it currently lies dormant): Art in Rooms and On-Premises at Hotel and Resort Properties

David
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.

Last edited by DELee; May 30, 2022 at 10:00 pm Reason: art thread over in TravelBuzz is no longer dormant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.