Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Any news about promotion of summer of 2022?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any news about promotion of summer of 2022?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
Nothing for me.
Old May 21, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Nothing for me either - switched to Hilton for my last trip and will do so again except for an award family trip.
Old May 21, 2022, 10:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I was just offered a per stay bonus (up to four) good until 8/31. Total 22,500.
0, 6000, 7500, 9000

The question is whether I bother to do it, since I don't see the upcoming need for all 4 nights until the fall. The spend would be at least $350 for the 4 nights. Probably earn about 30,000 when all was said and done. Elite counter is already up to Platinum, but Titanium renewal very unlikely.

Somewhat like the bonus I had before, but that was 3 stays earning up to 22,500.
Old May 21, 2022, 11:44 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, Marriott AMB/LTT, Hyatt EX, HH Dia, Ntl EEE
Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
I was just offered a per stay bonus (up to four) good until 8/31. Total 22,500.
0, 6000, 7500, 9000

The question is whether I bother to do it, since I don't see the upcoming need for all 4 nights until the fall. The spend would be at least $350 for the 4 nights. Probably earn about 30,000 when all was said and done. Elite counter is already up to Platinum, but Titanium renewal very unlikely.

Somewhat like the bonus I had before, but that was 3 stays earning up to 22,500.
I guess if you got one today there's still a chance.......
Old May 22, 2022, 2:48 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
My offer arrived two days ago (no proactive notification or anything, I had to look for it myself in the app). Per-stay bonus for stays including a weekend night - 2000 for the first and 3000 for the second, to be completed by 31/07. Nothing that will change my planned travel patterns, but better than nothing I guess.
Old May 22, 2022, 4:01 am

I also got an invitation for a targeted promo over the course of this week (only via mail, no push notification from the app but promo is showing under “My Promotions” in the app): up to 18k bonus points until end of August for next 3 stays (3k for 1st, then 6k, then 9k).
Not too bad and certainly better (for me) than double points on weekends (last year’s targeted promo) as I try to be home on weekends.
Old May 22, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
I received a targeted offer with double points for stays of 2 or more nights until the end of July. Guess that means no broader Q2 promo.
Old May 22, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
In the absence of a promo I'm switching most stays in the next couple of months to IHG to take advantage of the Diamond Status challenge (Platinum on Bonvoy is already locked in for next year).

The issue with missing points/nights has also become annoyingly common recently, and I'm tired of constantly chasing them up.
Old May 22, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Still nothing for me. I have a few leisure stays planned over the summer that I might switch to cash with the right promo. Currently just burning points on all of my leisure travel...

--Jon
Old May 22, 2022, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
In the absence of a promo I'm switching most stays in the next couple of months to IHG to take advantage of the Diamond Status challenge (Platinum on Bonvoy is already locked in for next year).

The issue with missing points/nights has also become annoyingly common recently, and I'm tired of constantly chasing them up.
Aside from the Status Challenge, IHG is also running a decent summer promo with 2-4x points on nights accumulated (2x for nights 2-5, 3x for 6-14, 4x for 15+). Certainly beats the crickets coming from Marriott HQ
Dav77 and Radiation Station like this.
Old May 22, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Of course I received the target promo for weekend stays (2.000+ 3.000) that is useless.

No chance to receive something better, since I already booked approximately 30 days by the end of July on weekdays only…
Old May 26, 2022, 4:23 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
I missed out on the promo offering double nights through May 4th. Could have sworn I applied for it in the app but they said I did not and I have no proof. I usually track these closely, but I'm out of practice.
Old May 27, 2022, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by cpworld
I missed out on the promo offering double nights through May 4th. Could have sworn I applied for it in the app but they said I did not and I have no proof. I usually track these closely, but I'm out of practice.
IIRC some guy recently posted a screenshot on the Reddit forum for Marriott, showing 202 nights already completed. He'd got the full compliment of 85 bonus nights from the 2x promo!
Old May 27, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, Marriott AMB/LTT, Hyatt EX, HH Dia, Ntl EEE
Originally Posted by cpworld
I moved out of my hotel the day before it started since I had long stays. I didn't want any problems missing the first 26 days. I got all 85 nights too. sitting a 282 nights as of today. Yes. minus one day I've been in the same hotel since 3 January. Happy that they gave me a suite since day one.. Not trying but it looks like I'll make Ambassador with one hotel. I'm at $17432 according to the App plus a few days not charged yet.
Old May 29, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Purely leisure stayer. I stick with Marriott as it works out cheaper for me. With no bonus and rocketing prices I will be using my limited points for my next trips.
SPN Lifer and yurtripper like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.