Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Spokane, WA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2022, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium

I searched and didn't find a thread for this; apologies if I missed it. I'm going to Spokane later this year for a couple of nights and the four Davenport Autograph Collection hotels (The Historic Davenport, The Davenport Lusso, The Davenport Tower, and The Davenport Grand) are all similarly priced. Any suggestions for which one to stay at or any to avoid? Key factors of importance are elite treatment, quality of breakfast, and views from the rooms. Thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:41 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I would recommend the Grand, the most modern. If you want charming historical, then the Historic Davenport with the restaurant that has the original crab Louie salad (don’t quote me). They honor suite upgrade awards at the Grand.
LoganFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
The owners (husband and wife) sold all of the hotels in December. The local management team is working for the new owner. I don't expect significant changes to the operations.

Most recently constructed hotel is the Grand. Best views would be the Grand (the north side of which faces the downtown Riverfront Park). The Grand has a connected parking garage for self-parking. The other hotels you would rely on valet or walking to an unconnected parking garage. Street parking is metered during daytime hours Monday thru Saturday.

They are all within walking distance of each other and share the same management team.

There is an existing thread on the Grand, which has links to at least one of the other hotels. I'm not a huge fan of the Lusso.
LoganFlyer likes this.

Last edited by dgreen12; Mar 17, 2022 at 10:31 pm
Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
I searched and didn't find a thread for this; apologies if I missed it. I'm going to Spokane later this year for a couple of nights and the four Davenport Autograph Collection hotels (The Historic Davenport, The Davenport Lusso, The Davenport Tower, and The Davenport Grand) are all similarly priced. Any suggestions for which one to stay at or any to avoid? Key factors of importance are elite treatment, quality of breakfast, and views from the rooms. Thanks!
So the Davenport Grand is fairly close to the river but you need to get a room fairly high up to see over the Convention/Arts Center. The other three properties are in more of a set of building/building/building urban zone and are fairly close to the main railroad line through downtown. So these three will have more an urban/rooftop set of immediate views.

All four charge $22/day for parking and a $10/day destination fee.

I've only stayed at the Grand so I agree with HaleiwaFlyer that it is the most modern. I'd specifically reserved this property because we could get two king beds, room to spare and a good view. Breakfast last August was in the Grand Restaurant.

Breakfast in all of the properties will likely be good since none have a lounge and you're served in their respective restaurants - but you'll end up spending more if you order anything besides their equivalent of "continental breakfast" and whatever beverages.

WRT elite treatment and what's available for breakfast with your status, I'd narrow down to the one or two properties that interest you most and then simply call to ask.

David
LoganFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by DELee
All four charge ... a $10/day destination fee.
David, at one point the $10 destination fee was being waived for Plats and higher (OP is LTT). Was that your experience? I live in Spokane, so rarely actually stay there.
LoganFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dgreen12
David, at one point the $10 destination fee was being waived for Plats and higher (OP is LTT). Was that your experience? I live in Spokane, so rarely actually stay there.
Just dug up my hardcopy printout of the folio - no, I wasn't charged the $10 destination fee (also as a LTT). Ended up spending $23.93 for 3 breakfasts beyond what the comp'd for breakfast.

Found your thread back in the MR Forum: Autograph Collection expands in Spokane, WA

Also, here's the Grand's thread: Davenport Grand Hotel, Spokane WA [Master Thread]

David
LoganFlyer likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So did you decide which Davenport branded hotel to stay at in Spokane?

David
dgreen12 likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I've chosen the Grand based on the possible good views and elite treatment mentioned in this thread. The stay hasn't happened yet, so I can't report on the experience.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 10:22 am

Pre-pandemic, they waived the destination fee for Plats and above. Not sure if they still do this, won’t hurt to ask at checkin.

Also, they can shuttle you to the other Davenports if needed, like to use the pool at the Historic or Tower.
LoganFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does the shuttle go anywhere else or just between the hotels? Does it go to the airport?
Does anyone know if they still waive the "destination" fee?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
WT... is there a destination fee in any Spokane hotel

Not a Marriott, but last time stayed at the hotel Indigo which was very nice and an excellent deal using IHG points.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've chosen the Grand based on the possible good views and elite treatment mentioned in this thread. The stay hasn't happened yet, so I can't report on the experience.
Well, when your trip happens, we on FlyerTalk look forward to hearing how things went.

David
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Trying to decide between Davenport Tower and Indigo and Doubletree. The Grand is too pricey lol.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Indigo is more like a “motel”. Doubletree was really old last time I stayed there several years ago and unless they renovated it’s a clean but old hotel. I’d go with the Tower.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 1:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by mdbe
Indigo is more like a “motel”.
Not really agreeing with that, I haven't stayed at any other properties in Spokane to compare, but I am happy with the Indigo, last stay a few weeks ago had a few issues though (plus IHG rewards rates can be very good).
Why would you say that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.