Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

29 Mar 2022 : Introduction of Dynamic award pricing and removal of award chart

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2022, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: goodeats21
*** It seems the Free Night Certificate + Points "top-off" redemption went live on April 29 or 30th 2022 - Discussions here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...on-thread.html ***

Starting March 29, our new flexible point redemption rates will go into effect. That means free nights will align more closely with nightly rates and availability. For stay dates in 2022, you can expect that nearly all of our hotels will have the same minimum and maximum number of points required for redemption — similarly to how they were previously categorized.

All the ways you earn points will not change — you’ll just have more flexibility when you’re ready to redeem.

Plus, starting at the end of April, you can combine your Free Night Award with up to 15,000 points to access more hotels you’ll love.

Our current redemption process will remain in place through March 28. After that, you will not see hotel categories (1–8) or redemption rates classified as Off-Peak, Standard, or Peak. At the same time, as part of our yearly redemption assessment process (similar to our annual category changes in previous years), the minimum point redemption rates will increase for approximately 200 hotels on March 29 — that’s less than 3% of all hotels. You can explore this list of hotels and decide when and where to maximize your free nights.

With our flexible cancellation policy, you can reserve your redemption stay and still modify your reservation if you find a lower rate in the future.

Want to learn more? Check out all our flexible point redemption rates FAQs.

When there is a redemption points rate drop, this info about how to modify award reservations -- on the website, not the app:
If you click to modify the existing reservation, and select to edit payment, it will adjust the points and keep the same reservation
HT to Schnit

Print Wikipost

29 Mar 2022 : Introduction of Dynamic award pricing and removal of award chart

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
I just checked for an April award stay I have booked and saw no changes across any hotels in the area. (Scottsdale/Tempe, for what it's worth...)

I also tried a test booking of a 35k hotel using a 25k certificate and did not have an option to use the cert. So it appears that feature isn't live yet.
Topping off a certificate was pushed to April. Blogs are now saying "late April."
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by rrgg; Mar 29, 2022 at 9:16 am
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
OMAAT says the rate changes will be loaded later tonight Eastern time.

https://onemileatatime.com/news/marr...onvoy-changes/
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:45 am
Accor Contributor Badge

What to do when Points deduction for Points Advance booking is not going through at all?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by kumarshah
What to do when Points deduction for Points Advance booking is not going through at all?
Are your dates still available? If yes just do a new booking and cancel the points advance one.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 11:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by friedablass
Are your dates still available? If yes just do a new booking and cancel the points advance one.
Nope, not available.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by kumarshah
Nope, not available.
Call Marriott CS. Seems like a very common issue. They may not be able to do it over the phone easily either. Make sure you wait for a confirmation email and have them double check that it went through. They may need to open a ticket for that.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 3:19 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

I basically cancelled my reservation and rebooked for the same dates. Cancelling opened up the slot I guess, thankfully.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:36 pm

Getting popcorn. New pricing is live. I was watching properties not on the released list, and it looks bad if you have any certificates to burn. Maybe Marriott will deliver the top off feature soon.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
The new rates are loaded. Time to assess the damage.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I just checked hotels in Vancouver, BC, and the rewards prices have shot straight up! I should've taken a screenshot before to compare more easily.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: United, EVA, Marriott, Hilton
Interestingly, some of the hotels I have looked at are slightly cheaper. W Amsterdam was 70k/night and now is 67-69k points/night.
qlaval likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
A 5 night OWV at the St Regis Maldives jumped from 450k to 628k for my dates. Quite a jump.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:56 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Ritz Half Moon Bay had days as low as 50K scattered on the calendar. Was going to keep my Marriott card in the hopes I could nab a night with the top off. As of today, it's now out of reach. Already have Al Maha booked for next month... then, goodbye Marriott. Canceling card shortly.

Monterey Marriott has days in November and December priced at 50K, but the vast portion of days are 52K+. Looks like it Jumps to 70K next year.

As I see it, the top off feature is basically a tease, spitting in the face of the consumer.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:57 pm

Most of my reservations are up with one going from 60k to 92k. My Westin Napa surprisingly went from 60k to 55k.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 6:04 pm

Several of my reservations have gone down from 2.5K to 50K. I just repriced the reservations and banked about 70K points
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.