Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The worst Marriott owner and operator is DiamondRock

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The worst Marriott owner and operator is DiamondRock

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by marlee1421
Would be nice to look at individual hotel reviews, but the review function no longer works on the Mariott web site. On purpose?
Most likely!
Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
I'd enjoy seeing someone do this (or bring a big stack of loose small bills out of spite).

"I would prefer to pay by credit card, but today I am feeling both cheap and not in a hurry. If you would prefer not to have your time wasted, you can waive the credit card fee. Otherwise, here is what I believe to be sufficient cash to pay, which you can count out at your leisure." Being mischievous, I'd kinda enjoy seeing the front desk get slammed with about 20 people doing this in a row (probably shutting checkout down for a few hours, and potentially leading to the manager having to decide between getting an accurate count of the bills or being able to actually have his hotel's front desk operating).
Love this, and make sure to mix some $2 bills in with the $1s and $5s, that would really keep them on their toes.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Resort fees - do not patronize
That seems like a very limiting decision in some markets. To each their own, but I would prefer to spend my life worrying less and not making decisions based on a long list of grudges that prevent me from having positive experiences.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
That seems like a very limiting decision in some markets. To each their own, but I would prefer to spend my life worrying less and not making decisions based on a long list of grudges that prevent me from having positive experiences.
There are ways around them in all markets.
The more people vote with their money, the sooner things will change.
SPN Lifer and CO-PLAT like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
My question is who paid OP to post this credit card surcharge article from 2019 on multiple threads this past week? This isn't new news and was obviously a dumb and consumer-unfriendly decision. Still, though, those individual properties have been great for me, so I'll take personal experience and reviews over any sort of ownership-related decision when deciding where to stay.
Yeah, I should check post counts more often - looks like some kind of personal grudge or other motive here
ElevatorEnthusiast and ewoo like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Yeah, I should check post counts more often - looks like some kind of personal grudge or other motive here
LOL - I didn't even notice the OP only had 9 posts and just joined this month - wow, I think my theory has even stronger merit now. I had just noticed multiple posts recently on this same topic, and it seems really odd to bring up old news from 2019.
SPN Lifer and ewoo like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:00 am

LOL - I didn't even notice the OP only had 9 posts and just joined this month - wow, I think my theory has even stronger merit now. I had just noticed multiple posts recently on this same topic, and it seems really odd to bring up old news from 2019.
Looked suspicious to me.
There is an odd number of infiltrators these days.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:23 am

If you look at Yelp, you will see that all the positve reviews of Leghio hotels are from people that are not very good at disguising their affiliation with the hotels or owners and obviously only there to promote that group of hotels in Mackinaw, MI.
ohmark, CO-PLAT, diburning and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Adelphos
As always, look at individual hotel reviews as opposed to focusing on ownership groups and such. Looking at the website I have stayed at a few good properties owned by this group, including my preferred Chicago Marriott (Gwen) and Vail Marriott (now the Hythe). The Sedona hotels also seem to be highly regarded. However some of their more standard Westin and Marriott branded hotels seem to get poor reviews.
Not my experience with the Hythe. Room was not made up by 5 pm on any day and we were out all afternoon,. We had to phone when we were going out for dinner to ask them to make up the room. Servers in restaurant seemed disinterested in serving us and more interested in the conversations they were having with each other and the restaurant ran out of eggs and make scrambled eggs and omelets with what must have been eggs in a carton that turned out pretty awful. When I asked for late checkout as an elite member I was denied and told it was subject to availability (not sure if this qualifies as a resort or convention facility - could not find it listed as one). When I pressed them on it, they said well just this once we will make an exception, Not impressed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.