Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Situation made it to a same day check out Stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Situation made it to a same day check out Stay

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2022, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AakashCJB
Thank you and read all the replies

UPDATE: I did stay for two Nights at other Marriott hotel after this one and those points were posted correctly but this is yet to be posted.
Will be submitting a missing stay request once the date opens up.

In the meantime had conversation with one of the higher officials of that hotel and got to know that they marked My booking as NO SHOW since I haven’t arrived till 12am (Though I did inform them that I will be arriving late in early hours due to train delay) But looks like The staffs had a shift change was not communicated

While at Check in, They made a new reservation under Day rate with same day checkout it seems, (since I arrived after 12am) But charged the actual charge for what I had reserved instead of day rate.

(No mention of that when I checked in but all these I got to know when I check out)

I said, Have checked in at 4am-5am at the day of checkout at Many Marriott Hotels and have received the night credit to the account.

Manager Replied, No idea on that sir but we have an Audit at 12am daily, so nothing can be changed after that it seems. And they even said even if you arrive at Any time after 12am (on the day of checkout) It will be a default day use room reservation only over here.

So you won’t be getting Nights credit on the account but Points it will be credited it seems.

Is there anyway to proceed further to get the nights credited?
If you have called and told before night audit (highly doubtful at midnight, normally 2-3am) they should check you in before doing night audit. This way it checks you in correctly. I would also try checkin in via app, as most properties will check you in right then. You might need to show ID for keys, but it proves you've checked in.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kaizen7
So far, I only experience these late check in case 4 times.
St Regis SF, US Grant San Diego, Westin Surabaya and St Regis Bali.

On all occasion I did inform the hotel in advance. And on all occasion I believe the hotels did what AggressiveAsian mentioned.
They have me "checked in" only need to add my ID details in.

On another note, I also did the opposite, by checking out before midnight on my final night, and the hotel (St Regis Singapore) finalise the payment when I depart the hotel but they never checked me out until after they done the night audit.
At least that what their fdc mentioned to me during check out.
Less hassle on their end I believe.
On last part, this is correct. If they check you out before night audit, that nights charges don't hit. I've had multiple stays where booked extra night do to late evening flight. Check out at say 11pm and thus no charge for the last night.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by flyerCO
On last part, this is correct. If they check you out before night audit, that nights charges don't hit. I've had multiple stays where booked extra night do to late evening flight. Check out at say 11pm and thus no charge for the last night.
I've always presumed I'd get dinged for an "early checkout" penalty. Good to know.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
That is a common desk agent error. What they should be doing is leaving the room checked in until after night audit runs and then check it out so that the revenue and extra occupied room are properly accounted for. If you need a receipt at the time of check out they can just post the room charge, charge your card, correct it off and then check it out after audit so that everything is accounted for properly. Most desk agents won't do that since they will choose the one step short cut almost every time. Also FWIW, a property doing audit at Midnight is common if all of the arrivals are accounted for assuming it's a limited service without F&B outlets.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by The Road Goes On Forever
That is a common desk agent error. What they should be doing is leaving the room checked in until after night audit runs and then check it out so that the revenue and extra occupied room are properly accounted for. If you need a receipt at the time of check out they can just post the room charge, charge your card, correct it off and then check it out after audit so that everything is accounted for properly. Most desk agents won't do that since they will choose the one step short cut almost every time. Also FWIW, a property doing audit at Midnight is common if all of the arrivals are accounted for assuming it's a limited service without F&B outlets.
You know, after a few years of housekeeping cuts under color of the pandemic, attempts to offload dubious fees onto unsuspecting travelers (e.g. "destination fees" and "sustainability fees"), and limited service properties finding ways to avoid providing free breakfast (e.g. "Here's a $10 voucher, but a breakfast entree and coffee will run you $15"), I can't say I'm too inclined to correct them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.