Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2022 Q1 Global Promo : “Every Night Counts Even More” Feb 8 - May 4

Old Jan 24, 2022, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Promo identifier: 2022H1 (2022 1st half: for search purposes) / Marriott promo identifier: EB22

Marriott's promo name: Every Night Counts Even More

Promo period: February 8 through May 4, 2022

Promo live date: January 24, 2022

Suggested promo title: 1000 Points + 1 Additional EQN Per Stay Night

Marriott's stupidly long and wrong title: Earn 1,000 bonus points and 1 Elite Night Credit each night

Promo links: http://marriottbonvoy.com/everynightcounts or https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/pro...promotion=EB22

Promo not quite correct "language":
  • Limited-time offer: Earn toward unlimited bonus points and Elite Night Credits.
  • Register now, then earn from February 8 through May 4, 2022. Registration ends April 20, 2022.
  • Get 1,000 bonus points and one additional Elite Night Credit each night — all with no earning limits.
Notes:
  • 85 nights maximum (because of 85-night promo earning period)
  • Only stays made after registration count
  • Award redemption nights (Cash + Points, free night award certificates or a Points redemption are not eligible for the promotion. Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates) do not qualify
  • Homes & Villas by Marriott International stays, Marriott Executive Apartments® stays, and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks do not accrue bonus points or bonus EQNs
  • Only one room per property counts toward a member’s nights for the promotion
  • 1000 bonus points and 1 bonus EQN per eligible paid night to post to member account within 7 business days after checkout and will post with the stay
Marriott's Terms and Conditions:
Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy® account is required. Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion by April 20, 2022, will earn 1,000 bonus Points per eligible paid night, plus one bonus Elite Night Credit per eligible paid night, during the 85-night promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for eligible paid nights completed between February 8, 2022, and May 4, 2022, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties. Only stays made after registration will qualify toward the promotion. Award redemption nights including Cash + Points, free night award certificates or a Points redemption are not eligible for the promotion. Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion. Stays at Homes & Villas by Marriott International, Marriott Executive Apartments®, and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus Points or bonus Elite Night Credits for this promotion. Only one room per property is counted toward a member’s nights for the promotion. The 1,000 bonus Points per eligible paid night and one bonus Elite Night Credit per eligible paid night will be awarded to the member’s account within 7 business days after checkout and will post with the stay. Elite Night Credits will count only toward the status year in which they are posted. A member who elects to earn Miles is not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating Marriott Bonvoy properties, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit http://marriottbonvoy.com/everynightcounts or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.
Print Wikipost

2022 Q1 Global Promo : “Every Night Counts Even More” Feb 8 - May 4

Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:51 pm
21A

Originally Posted by Rondelltg
This is the reason I checked out of my long two month+ stay the day before and stayed at a different Marriott. My stay stated on 1/3 and would not have counted for this promotion.
Not sure I totally follow the logic here, but if you’re saying you had to split a stay between pre-promo and in-promo periods, I don’t think that’s the case. Stays straddling the beginning/end of the promotion aren’t an issue. I had a 2/7-2/9 stay and the bonus EQN and 1000 points posted correctly for the eligible night of 2/8 without any intervention. Others in this thread have reported the same.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by 21A
Not sure I totally follow the logic here, but if you’re saying you had to split a stay between pre-promo and in-promo periods, I don’t think that’s the case. Stays straddling the beginning/end of the promotion aren’t an issue. I had a 2/7-2/9 stay and the bonus EQN and 1000 points posted correctly for the eligible night of 2/8 without any intervention. Others in this thread have reported the same.
I think the poster was suggesting that because they were on a stay that commenced before registration for this promo opened, the stay might not be eligible.

I am also on a long stay that started before registration for the promo was open. But Bonvoy CS has told me that the nights that fall within the promotion earning period will still qualify for the bonuses, and that I did not need to check out and start a new reservation.
21A likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:31 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, Marriott AMB/LTT, Hyatt EX, HH Dia, Ntl EEE
Originally Posted by KingCanute
I think the poster was suggesting that because they were on a stay that commenced before registration for this promo opened, the stay might not be eligible.

I am also on a long stay that started before registration for the promo was open. But Bonvoy CS has told me that the nights that fall within the promotion earning period will still qualify for the bonuses, and that I did not need to check out and start a new reservation.
Yes you and I am in the same boat but when I called CS I got a different answer. I didn't want to risk 26 nights to find out the outcome. The other thing I will see is fi the nights would overlap. I often take a trip out of the area while I am on a long stay without checking out. I assume I'll get the points but I'm wondering if I will top out at 85 before the promotion ends.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 1:12 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Yes you and I am in the same boat but when I called CS I got a different answer. I didn't want to risk 26 nights to find out the outcome. The other thing I will see is fi the nights would overlap. I often take a trip out of the area while I am on a long stay without checking out. I assume I'll get the points but I'm wondering if I will top out at 85 before the promotion ends.
One thing to watch out for is there is a known issue with doing overlapping side-trips to other Bonvoy properties while maintaining a long-term stay at an existing one. This issue is unrelated to the promo but rather goes to the number of qualifying nights you get in your account and which stay posts first (which is usually the side trip rather than the long stay) because you only get one qualifying night per night and the IT cannot handle it properly if you do side trips where you ultimately want the long stay nights to count and not the side trip. Reports here suggest that the overlapping side trip disrupts how the long stay eventually posts. The bonus nights will further complicate it. The advice is to (a) check out of the long stay or (b) do side trips in non-Bonvoy hotels to avoid this eventual complication and inevitable posts on Flyertalk asking for help to fix it.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 1:21 am

Another report of the bonus posting correctly

My 11-night stay at Le Meridien Bangkok that started three nights before the Bonus started just posted today the day after checking out. And it is also astonishingly correct. The regular Base + Elite + Extra posted as normal. Then there's the 3000 Bonus points from the hotel rate I booked that posted as its own line item. Then there's 1000 Bonus points for eight qualifying nights posting each as a separate line item. All 100% correct. Next up is the nights with the additional eight promotional bonus nights broken out and the regular and bonus nights added to the Lifetime total. Take a bow, Marriott IT.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Question: I got the 7 1000-point bonuses I should have during my stay, but does that mean we get no "check-in bonus" (i.e., "X points + Y bonus + Z extra" on your stay summary) as it's now covered via the promo? I got a "0 Extra" and wasn't sure if it's normal, or did my hotel screw up and not give me the normal bonus?
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Question: I got the 7 1000-point bonuses I should have during my stay, but does that mean we get no "check-in bonus" (i.e., "X points + Y bonus + Z extra" on your stay summary) as it's now covered via the promo? I got a "0 Extra" and wasn't sure if it's normal, or did my hotel screw up and not give me the normal bonus?
Did you stay at a place where you have to choose between points or market item and or points and breakfast? My stay posted without the extras because I picked breakfast at the Westin.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by ftrichard
One thing to watch out for is there is a known issue with doing overlapping side-trips to other Bonvoy properties while maintaining a long-term stay at an existing one. This issue is unrelated to the promo but rather goes to the number of qualifying nights you get in your account and which stay posts first (which is usually the side trip rather than the long stay) because you only get one qualifying night per night and the IT cannot handle it properly if you do side trips where you ultimately want the long stay nights to count and not the side trip. Reports here suggest that the overlapping side trip disrupts how the long stay eventually posts. The bonus nights will further complicate it. The advice is to (a) check out of the long stay or (b) do side trips in non-Bonvoy hotels to avoid this eventual complication and inevitable posts on Flyertalk asking for help to fix it.
Thanks, I've seen some of the postings here about that. right now I don't need anymore elite nights even when they give them away. It just gets me closer to the free night choice which is not set up yet each year when I reach 50 nights. I'm sitting at 66 (57 on the app + 9 current nights). LT 2336 nights & 16 years.

I haven't had any problems "yet" (KOW) but I am more concerned with not getting points rather than nights.
ftrichard likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
My stay posted without the extras because I picked breakfast at the Westin.
Urgh- then the property screwed up; I always take the points over the F&B or breakfast.

I'm going to have to start remembering to wait for them to fail to ask me, then nail them on the guarantee; this is a property I've spent nearly half the last year in, they should know me (and know better) by now.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, UA Premier Platinum
All of my stays (admittedly on two so far) have posted flawlessly. Very happy.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Really? I've done this for over 2 years and never had an issue. I normally booked a 2+ months stay in India to get a long term favorable rate and do weekend trips to BKK/HKG/SIN/DXB and stay at SPG/Marriott hotels. The nights as well as points posted without a problem. I've just completed a 3+ week stay in London with a little trip upto Edinburgh for 2 nights without checking out and the points/nights posted without an issue.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
Really? I've done this for over 2 years and never had an issue. I normally booked a 2+ months stay in India to get a long term favorable rate and do weekend trips to BKK/HKG/SIN/DXB and stay at SPG/Marriott hotels. The nights as well as points posted without a problem. I've just completed a 3+ week stay in London with a little trip upto Edinburgh for 2 nights without checking out and the points/nights posted without an issue.
YMMV. I've never had this issue myself because I've never done an overlapping stay but there are plenty of reports on Flyertalk of the long stay failing to credit the nights correctly when a short side trip has already posted. Plenty of reports from reliable reporters. This was not a problem in the old SPG days because (a) SPG's IT worked and (b) you could get nights credits for multiple rooms on a given date. Bonvoy only gives nights credit for one room on a given date. If you've "never had an issue" in two years then great. Are you saying that you got nights for both the long stay and the side trips? If that's the case then I'd keep very quiet about it because you shouldn't have according to the T&Cs. If you're saying you got the correct nights for the long stay and not the short stay (which is what anyone would want in this scenario) then you lucked out with the IT because of the many reports on there that say the short stay posts first correctly but the overlapping long stay which subsequently posts covering the same dates does not post the nights correctly.

So, yes, in summary, really.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
The simplest work-around is to stay with another chain for those short visits that overlap with a long-term residence at a Marriott Bonv°y property.

In the long run, you'll be much better off and avoid time-consuming problems with your account.

On the other hand, if you like to live dangerously, the unpredictability of Marriott information technology (IT) is part of the adventure.

Beaucoup Bonv°y!
margarita girl and ftrichard like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
YMMV. I've never had this issue myself because I've never done an overlapping stay but there are plenty of reports on Flyertalk of the long stay failing to credit the nights correctly when a short side trip has already posted. Plenty of reports from reliable reporters. This was not a problem in the old SPG days because (a) SPG's IT worked and (b) you could get nights credits for multiple rooms on a given date. Bonvoy only gives nights credit for one room on a given date. If you've "never had an issue" in two years then great. Are you saying that you got nights for both the long stay and the side trips? If that's the case then I'd keep very quiet about it because you shouldn't have according to the T&Cs. If you're saying you got the correct nights for the long stay and not the short stay (which is what anyone would want in this scenario) then you lucked out with the IT because of the many reports on there that say the short stay posts first correctly but the overlapping long stay which subsequently posts covering the same dates does not post the nights correctly.

So, yes, in summary, really.
I did this while with SPG as well as with Marriott - in both instances (for the past 2 years at Marriott) and during the SPG days, my nights credited correctly for my long stay as well as my short one. I do agree that if people are having issues the best way for hte short term stay is to just book Hyatt/Hilton
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:45 pm

So just an FYI for everyone the nights and bonus points posted overlapping. I got 14,000 points on nights from the 8th to the 19th. 11 days at my current long term and 3 nights for a weekend trip. the weekend trip posted first with the 3.00 points and 6 nights. Then today the 22 nights and 11,000 points.

The question is still outstanding if one would get more than 85 nights and 85,000 points if they stayed the entire length of the promotion with weekend trips here and there. Even that have more than one reservation often enough.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.