Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2022 Q1 Global Promo : “Every Night Counts Even More” Feb 8 - May 4

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2022, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Promo identifier: 2022H1 (2022 1st half: for search purposes) / Marriott promo identifier: EB22

Marriott's promo name: Every Night Counts Even More

Promo period: February 8 through May 4, 2022

Promo live date: January 24, 2022

Suggested promo title: 1000 Points + 1 Additional EQN Per Stay Night

Marriott's stupidly long and wrong title: Earn 1,000 bonus points and 1 Elite Night Credit each night

Promo links: http://marriottbonvoy.com/everynightcounts or https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/pro...promotion=EB22

Promo not quite correct "language":
  • Limited-time offer: Earn toward unlimited bonus points and Elite Night Credits.
  • Register now, then earn from February 8 through May 4, 2022. Registration ends April 20, 2022.
  • Get 1,000 bonus points and one additional Elite Night Credit each night — all with no earning limits.
Notes:
  • 85 nights maximum (because of 85-night promo earning period)
  • Only stays made after registration count
  • Award redemption nights (Cash + Points, free night award certificates or a Points redemption are not eligible for the promotion. Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates) do not qualify
  • Homes & Villas by Marriott International stays, Marriott Executive Apartments® stays, and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks do not accrue bonus points or bonus EQNs
  • Only one room per property counts toward a member’s nights for the promotion
  • 1000 bonus points and 1 bonus EQN per eligible paid night to post to member account within 7 business days after checkout and will post with the stay
Marriott's Terms and Conditions:
Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy® account is required. Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion by April 20, 2022, will earn 1,000 bonus Points per eligible paid night, plus one bonus Elite Night Credit per eligible paid night, during the 85-night promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for eligible paid nights completed between February 8, 2022, and May 4, 2022, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties. Only stays made after registration will qualify toward the promotion. Award redemption nights including Cash + Points, free night award certificates or a Points redemption are not eligible for the promotion. Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion. Stays at Homes & Villas by Marriott International, Marriott Executive Apartments®, and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus Points or bonus Elite Night Credits for this promotion. Only one room per property is counted toward a member’s nights for the promotion. The 1,000 bonus Points per eligible paid night and one bonus Elite Night Credit per eligible paid night will be awarded to the member’s account within 7 business days after checkout and will post with the stay. Elite Night Credits will count only toward the status year in which they are posted. A member who elects to earn Miles is not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating Marriott Bonvoy properties, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit http://marriottbonvoy.com/everynightcounts or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.
Print Wikipost

2022 Q1 Global Promo : “Every Night Counts Even More” Feb 8 - May 4

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by margarita girl
There was no spend requirement in the SPG days. All you needed was 100 nights. Mind you, you could only get 5 credit card nights (instead of 30) and you couldn’t get 10 nights from every $80 pretend meeting.
I thought there was a spend requirement at the very end of the spg days before integration into bonvoy, no? or did i just make that up?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 5:18 pm

While this is partly speculation and pertains directly to this Q1 promo will be the upcoming refresh to Amex Brilliant Credit Card.
If one has this, it will likely have auto platinum. Nights will still have to be earned but having the card one will be able to reap the rewards (minus the 50 night choice reward). As this relates to current promo, it is half of what they did last year with x2 nights and x2 points.

If these changes with the brilliant credit card, then who cares about the x2 nights?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by stant
I thought there was a spend requirement at the very end of the spg days before integration into bonvoy, no? or did i just make that up?
Don’t think so. I had my ambassador status until Jan 2020 and I can assure you that I NEVER spent US$20K even though I always had over 100 nights. I was traveling with my own money (MOM?), so frugality was paramount. I used points for my aspirational stays.

I seem to remember that in 2018, people who achieved 100 nights with SPG were exempted from the spend but not those who achieved it through MAR. I could be wrong on that.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 10:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by Helpmeout
While this is partly speculation and pertains directly to this Q1 promo will be the upcoming refresh to Amex Brilliant Credit Card.
If one has this, it will likely have auto platinum. Nights will still have to be earned but having the card one will be able to reap the rewards (minus the 50 night choice reward). As this relates to current promo, it is half of what they did last year with x2 nights and x2 points.

If these changes with the brilliant credit card, then who cares about the x2 nights?
What upcoming refresh?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 3:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Don’t think so. I had my ambassador status until Jan 2020 and I can assure you that I NEVER spent US$20K even though I always had over 100 nights. I was traveling with my own money (MOM?), so frugality was paramount. I used points for my aspirational stays.

I seem to remember that in 2018, people who achieved 100 nights with SPG were exempted from the spend but not those who achieved it through MAR. I could be wrong on that.
Were you comped Ambassador for a while (extreme soft landing?) after the merger? Bonvoy required $20,000 spend from the beginning for Ambassador. I'm not sure when Bonvoy started, but I think it would have been earlier than January 2020.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 3:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by dcstudent
Add me to the list who can't register:

A Note About This Promotion

We're sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.

The reason for this error could be:
  • You're trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
  • You are not eligible for this promotion
  • This promotion has expired

Same here ...
Old Jan 30, 2022, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Were you comped Ambassador for a while (extreme soft landing?) after the merger? Bonvoy required $20,000 spend from the beginning for Ambassador. I'm not sure when Bonvoy started, but I think it would have been earlier than January 2020.
No. My Amb status ended in Jan 2020, which means I earned it in 2018 for 2019. I didn’t get anything that I didn’t earn per the rules.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The 20k spend didn't start until 2019 for 2020 AMB
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Question Is the new Marriott Bonvoy promo global ?

Hi all,
I've been seeing info about the new Bonvoy "global" promo - "Make every night count.." where members can earn 1000 bonus points and double elite nights for each night stayed. I've been trying to sign up for this promo since I saw it and i always keep getting an error. Has anyone else encountered this ? Is this a "targeted" promo ? The terms seem to indicate that its fairly open (no mention of it being to selected members.

FWIW, my SO who is a Gold was able to add this into her account but I always keep getting this error.

Is this a matter of wait and try or should i try to reach out to member services - or maybe I've just been bonvoyed.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 3:12 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Threads merged. Now read upwards. You’re not alone …..
arshi007 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Threads merged. Now read upwards. You’re not alone …..
ah. thanks much. I tried to look for a thread on this but i guess i didn't look/search hard enough.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 1:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, UA Premier Platinum
I don’t suppose if anyone happens to know if the double nights count towards the status challenge Marriott are running on request? I was offered 16 nights for Platinum (transitioning over from Hilton to Marriott) and interested to know if I could effectively secure it in 8 nights combined with the promo.

I am guessing in theory they shouldn’t count; but in practice the Marriott IT systems may mean they do…
Old Feb 1, 2022, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SteveWhite88
I don’t suppose if anyone happens to know if the double nights count towards the status challenge Marriott are running on request? I was offered 16 nights for Platinum (transitioning over from Hilton to Marriott) and interested to know if I could effectively secure it in 8 nights combined with the promo.

I am guessing in theory they shouldn’t count; but in practice the Marriott IT systems may mean they do…
This was answered here.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33931603-post44.html

But as you say, Marriott is full of surprises.
SPN Lifer and SteveWhite88 like this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, UA Premier Platinum
This was answered here.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33931603-post44.html

But as you say, Marriott is full of surprises.
ah cheers, I did look but clearly not carefully enough!
Old Feb 1, 2022, 2:59 am

Programs: UA1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Million-Miler
I can not tell if I am registered. There is no confirmation and when I hit the register button it simply takes me to a page with a reservation button.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.