Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2022 Q1 Global Promo : “Every Night Counts Even More” Feb 8 - May 4

Old Jan 24, 2022, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Promo identifier: 2022H1 (2022 1st half: for search purposes) / Marriott promo identifier: EB22

Marriott's promo name: Every Night Counts Even More

Promo period: February 8 through May 4, 2022

Promo live date: January 24, 2022

Suggested promo title: 1000 Points + 1 Additional EQN Per Stay Night

Marriott's stupidly long and wrong title: Earn 1,000 bonus points and 1 Elite Night Credit each night

Promo links: http://marriottbonvoy.com/everynightcounts or https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/pro...promotion=EB22

Promo not quite correct "language":
  • Limited-time offer: Earn toward unlimited bonus points and Elite Night Credits.
  • Register now, then earn from February 8 through May 4, 2022. Registration ends April 20, 2022.
  • Get 1,000 bonus points and one additional Elite Night Credit each night — all with no earning limits.
Notes:
  • 85 nights maximum (because of 85-night promo earning period)
  • Only stays made after registration count
  • Award redemption nights (Cash + Points, free night award certificates or a Points redemption are not eligible for the promotion. Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates) do not qualify
  • Homes & Villas by Marriott International stays, Marriott Executive Apartments® stays, and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks do not accrue bonus points or bonus EQNs
  • Only one room per property counts toward a member’s nights for the promotion
  • 1000 bonus points and 1 bonus EQN per eligible paid night to post to member account within 7 business days after checkout and will post with the stay
Marriott's Terms and Conditions:
Registration of your Marriott Bonvoy® account is required. Marriott Bonvoy members who register for this promotion by April 20, 2022, will earn 1,000 bonus Points per eligible paid night, plus one bonus Elite Night Credit per eligible paid night, during the 85-night promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for eligible paid nights completed between February 8, 2022, and May 4, 2022, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties. Only stays made after registration will qualify toward the promotion. Award redemption nights including Cash + Points, free night award certificates or a Points redemption are not eligible for the promotion. Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion. Stays at Homes & Villas by Marriott International, Marriott Executive Apartments®, and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus Points or bonus Elite Night Credits for this promotion. Only one room per property is counted toward a member’s nights for the promotion. The 1,000 bonus Points per eligible paid night and one bonus Elite Night Credit per eligible paid night will be awarded to the member’s account within 7 business days after checkout and will post with the stay. Elite Night Credits will count only toward the status year in which they are posted. A member who elects to earn Miles is not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating Marriott Bonvoy properties, visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions apply. See www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit http://marriottbonvoy.com/everynightcounts or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.
Print Wikipost

2022 Q1 Global Promo : “Every Night Counts Even More” Feb 8 - May 4

Old Jan 28, 2022, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Try the Sheraton Wall. Good location. Full breakfast for Elites, plus 2 alcoholic beverages per day while the lounge is closed. Granted they don’t have many suites but the corner rooms with the small balconies are quite nice (XX07).
Off topic quickly.....I looked at the Sheraton a ton as I do agree with the location etc.,.It seemed very dated and something was not just not getting my attention - maybe the rooms also looked choppy?. I do like the price point also.
Interesting as I know you have the experience in many places and have much to compare too. Hmmmm.?

I just remembered why the main reason was the Sheraton was not on the list..........I understand late check out is an issue here and I need that as I have a late flight.

Last edited by Bravada04; Jan 28, 2022 at 6:24 am
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: UA 1K
Does anyone know if the Nights earned through this promo counts toward lifetime status?
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:13 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by schnitzer
Does anyone know if the Nights earned through this promo counts toward lifetime status?
Post by the Lurker earlier in the thread says yes
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:46 am

Do nights booked at a AAA rate qualify? It doesn't mention AAA in the T&C, but it does say "select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion"
Old Jan 28, 2022, 8:13 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Originally Posted by schnitzer
Looks like I had to be manually registered.

Does anyone know where is the Cheapest Marriot Property per Night in USA or Canada?
It really depends on dates and length of stay but for instance staying near the Canadian border FI Grand Forks, ND (8 day stay, last 8 days of Feb to trigger the long term stay rate) is $59 before tax, $64 after. FI Ames, IA is also $59, $66 after tax. FI suburb of Minneapolis, MN was $72 after tax. Moving farther south Missouri, Kansas and Mississippi were all around mid to low $80 with tax. I don't think I have ever seen a Marriott property less than $54 before tax so $59 is a good mattress run amount.
dailycavalier likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 10:19 am

Promo Question - If your stay starts before promo

Earn 1,000 bonus points and 1 bonus Elite Night Credit each night

The promotion earning period is for eligible paid nights completed between February 8, 2022, and May 4, 2022,

I'm signed up to this promo but I have a stay starting Feb 7 and ends Feb 9th. Will it count? Or should i make it two seperate stays. 7-8 and 8-9 to ge tthe promo?
Old Jan 28, 2022, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by puchong
Does Marriott send out an e-mail confirmation of registration fir this promo? If not, what is a practical way to get proof of registration?
I registered couple days ago and got email confirmation this morning.
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium United Silver
Not 100% sure. I was told by marriott that my stay 5/1 to 5/8 the nights 5/1, 5/2, 5/3, and 5/4 will count. Don't see why the same wouldn't apply
Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:40 am

Thanks Lurker for helping me. Got the email conformation this morning, 2 days after I had PMed Lurker.
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Probably off topic for this thread, but...
Would be interested to know how many points was in that pile, and how the 27,000 GBP valuation was figured.
and the value was the delta $ for the room booked, my price paid, vrs the total lowest advertised price Ive seen for the room in question - for a special occasion, a room i would have booked with cash if I didnt have points.

so about $0.035 usd per point.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by kb1992
As many parts of the world are still closed, I think MB would reduce the Ambassador spend later this year.
that kind of misses the point. they have a minimum spend because they want you to spend that amount, in conjunction with other metrics.
elite nights are a lot more flexible. you can earn them with credit cards, you can get them for award stays, you used to be able to get them for booking meetings. from the spg program at least the threshold of night was flexible, they would make an exception if you were close to qualifying for another level.

AFIK marriott isnt flexible with the dollar spend, and never has been, not even a little bit.

we really are talking about two different metrics here.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by stant
that kind of misses the point. they have a minimum spend because they want you to spend that amount, in conjunction with other metrics.
elite nights are a lot more flexible. you can earn them with credit cards, you can get them for award stays, you used to be able to get them for booking meetings. from the spg program at least the threshold of night was flexible, they would make an exception if you were close to qualifying for another level.

AFIK marriott isnt flexible with the dollar spend, and never has been, not even a little bit.

we really are talking about two different metrics here.
Not really.

MB did reduce the AMB spend to $14,000 last year.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by kb1992
Is Marriott's Ambassador program really this bad?
IME, I'm not seeing any difference from being LTTE. I got the bump to AMB around April after spending most of the YTD in FL, and since then I'm still begging for upgrades, getting the least possible "upgrade" room when my SNAs clear, and still having to do things like call when I'm "late" (i.e., "10:30PM") so they don't give my room/upgrade away.

Apparently it's supposed to be better internationally for us, and part of the issue is ~80% of my stays lately are this one Ren in FL and despite COVID-level occupancy rates still have enough Tri-State area snowbirds coming in they just don't give a damn about me.

I'll probably end up making it again this year even with the $20K spend, but I'd never tell anyone to go for it if they weren't going to get there anyway; I just don't see the benefits.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:23 pm
JBa

Programs: some
From the promo experiences I had, the check out date counts. So if you check out after the promo starts, you are fine. If stay starts within promo and ends x days after the promo ends, the days after will not count
Old Jan 28, 2022, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I'm looking to book a stay. Anyone have know how this promo works for a stay that will start on Feb 7th and go until Feb 10th?

1) Is it, no double elite nights because the stay started before the 8th?
2) Double nights for 8th, 9th but not 7th?
3) Double nights for entire stay because it was completed after the 8th?

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.