Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Trading credit card FNCs for points?

Old Jan 18, 2022, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite

So there’s a throwaway line in this rant:

https://liveandletsfly.com/marriott-...air-and-hotel/

The ability to convert hotel certificates earned from credit cards to points is a nice benefit and one others should consider.”

(The rant itself is discussed over here, if you want to get your high dudgeon on: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...n-program.html )

I’m more interested in the throwaway line because I’d actually like to take my balance down as close to zero as possible pre-March “we’re nuking the award charts” devaluation, and turning a 50k FNC into points might help with that (depending on how many points I’d get)… so how does this work? I tried a search and came up blank, and I’m a noob to the FNC game, apologies if this is a dumb question. Or is the author mixing this up with Hyatt (where I know they let expiring certs go to points sometimes)?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 1:58 pm

Called the Titanium elite line earlier today and the agent expressed that this was 100% not possible. Unfortunate as I have 2 50k FNA and 1 40K FNA.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by JayHK
Called the Titanium elite line earlier today and the agent expressed that this was 100% not possible. Unfortunate as I have 2 50k FNA and 1 40K FNA.
But you still have 5 months to use them right?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 11:59 am

Correct - Nothing has changed in terms of expiration but with around 220k points it would've been nice to convert these to 140k + a small points transfer for a 400k 5th night free blowout
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
So there’s a throwaway line in this rant:

https://liveandletsfly.com/marriott-...air-and-hotel/

The ability to convert hotel certificates earned from credit cards to points is a nice benefit and one others should consider.”

(The rant itself is discussed over here, if you want to get your high dudgeon on: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...n-program.html )

I’m more interested in the throwaway line because I’d actually like to take my balance down as close to zero as possible pre-March “we’re nuking the award charts” devaluation, and turning a 50k FNC into points might help with that (depending on how many points I’d get)… so how does this work? I tried a search and came up blank, and I’m a noob to the FNC game, apologies if this is a dumb question. Or is the author mixing this up with Hyatt (where I know they let expiring certs go to points sometimes)?
OP has no idea what hes talking about. hes confused with Hyatt. if this was possible with marriott, it would be front page news for people who play the game. i would know because ive had certs expire. had to cry myself to sleep multiple times.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
So there’s a throwaway line in this rant:The ability to convert hotel certificates earned from credit cards to points is a nice benefit and one others should consider.”
Said the blogger who has never been bonvOYed.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
OP has no idea what hes talking about. hes confused with Hyatt. if this was possible with marriott, it would be front page news for people who play the game. i would know because ive had certs expire. had to cry myself to sleep multiple times.
This is why I went “wait, wut?!?!?” because that would be a pretty useful feature to cash a 50k FNC for 50k points. Heck, even 40k points.
SPN Lifer and GundamWing01 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.