Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ : When will the "early in 2022" “Award Night Top Offs” be launched ?

Old Apr 16, 22, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Print Wikipost

FAQ : When will the "early in 2022" “Award Night Top Offs” be launched ?

Old Apr 6, 22, 12:40 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by corky View Post
I was told on the phone yesterday that it would happen at the end of April.
April 30 @ 11:59PM in whatever time zone Marriott's headquarter is.

LAX
Old Apr 8, 22, 11:16 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Thanks for this info - I am just off the phone (Fri April 8) with Marriott Platinum line (is it called Marriott Titanium line now?) - as I thought this had already launched and I couldn't figure out why I couldnt get it to work at any hotels in the Boston area for the night I need. The rep at the Plat line said it should work for me, but they weren't able to do it yet on our behalf. But it sounds like she was wrong.

Last edited by Melissa Morrison Webb; Apr 8, 22 at 11:40 am
Old Apr 8, 22, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1K / mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
Annoying as all the properties that were previously 35k in my destination tomorrow night are all now 36,500 - 39,000

i was hoping that would be up and running by now too
Old Apr 11, 22, 11:26 pm

When will we be able to top up certificates with points?

Has Marriott announced a date when it will be possible to make an award reservation at a hotel with a certificate of lower value and then top it up with points? If this is npot known yet, would any of the lurkers please jump in to advise?
Old Apr 12, 22, 11:19 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
Originally Posted by puchong View Post
Has Marriott announced a date when it will be possible to make an award reservation at a hotel with a certificate of lower value and then top it up with points? If this is npot known yet, would any of the lurkers please jump in to advise?
No word other than April. And I really hope soon; need to top off a 25K cert to book a 30K hotel stay. Currently using a 40K cert to hold it.
Old Apr 12, 22, 8:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
End of April is what I am hearing...
Old Apr 13, 22, 10:26 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by slpybear View Post
No word other than April. And I really hope soon; need to top off a 25K cert to book a 30K hotel stay. Currently using a 40K cert to hold it.
I’m not sure that’s going to be of any help, but maybe?
Old Apr 16, 22, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott, Southwest
Hold a reservation with points until TOP OFF??

Has anyone heard if it would it be possible to hold a reservation using points, and then convert it to a free night certificate with top off when that becomes available, possibly as early as the end of April?
Old Apr 25, 22, 2:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
this is silly let me give you the extra 3,000 points you now want! (35K now 38K)

also makes resort fees on awards even dumber
Old Apr 26, 22, 10:34 pm

To re-affirm what has already been stated in the thread, I called Titanium line today and a very unenthusiastic representative told me the feature would be available April 30th.
Originally Posted by poemrs View Post
Has anyone heard if it would it be possible to hold a reservation using points, and then convert it to a free night certificate with top off when that becomes available, possibly as early as the end of April?
I asked them about this and they say it's not possible to convert it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the redemption stays the same for a booking I held for 5/5 and I'll do the top-up right when it's available. Trying to use up a 50k that expires 6/30/22 (that was extended twice) for a 60k night stay - here's hoping that the site isn't completely borked the day that the feature goes online.
Old Apr 26, 22, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by aimango View Post
To re-affirm what has already been stated in the thread, I called Titanium line today and a very unenthusiastic representative told me the feature would be available April 30th.
A Saturday? Color me skeptical....bet they just wanted to get rid of you.
corky likes this.
Old Apr 27, 22, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by aimango View Post

I asked them about this and they say it's not possible to convert it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the redemption stays the same for a booking I held for 5/5 and I'll do the top-up right when it's available. Trying to use up a 50k that expires 6/30/22 (that was extended twice) for a 60k night stay - here's hoping that the site isn't completely borked the day that the feature goes online.
I am in a similar situation. Have a PointSavers booking for Sunday 5/1 at 40k for a property worth much more. Want to burn my FNA. I guess as long as it doesn't go above 50k I'll be ok. Free cancelation is 4/29.
Old Apr 27, 22, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by lawyered220 View Post
A Saturday? Color me skeptical....bet they just wanted to get rid of you.
Hopefully IT has the issue programmed & just needs to flip a switch at 00:01 on Sat.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by philemer; Apr 27, 22 at 8:45 pm Reason: spelling
Old Apr 27, 22, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by philemer View Post
Hopefully IT has the issue programed & just needs to flip a switch at 00:01 on Sat.
See also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_...of_programming
philemer, lawyered220 and Harv62 like this.
Old Apr 29, 22, 8:22 pm

It's live now!
SPN Lifer and PrivatePilot like this.

Search this Thread