Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Marriott Bonvoy Elite Upgrade Experiences (2022 / 23 / 24- )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lewis_m
Property: Grosvenor House Dubai, Luxury Collection
Date(s): 14-18th March 2023
Room booked: Premier Room
Room received: 1 Bedroom Suite
Elite Level: Silver
Award stay: No
Rate Type: Standard
BRG stay: No
SNAs redeemed: No
Comments:
Lovely upgrade, told front desk on chat status would be changing to Gold after completing previous stay. Didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised.

Print Wikipost

Post Your Marriott Bonvoy Elite Upgrade Experiences (2022 / 23 / 24- )

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2022, 1:17 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Property: Izu Marriott Hotel Shuzenji
Date(s): 2 nights, February 2022
Room booked: Standard garden view room
Room received: Superior Hot Spring room with mountain view
Elite Level: Platinum
Award stay: Points first night (30K), cash the second night
Comments: The room we were upgraded to had a hot spring bath on the balcony. We received breakfast vouchers and also had Club Lounge access.

Property: Osaka Marriot Miyako Hotel
Date(s): 2 nights, February 2022
Room booked: Deluxe guest room, city view
Room received: UpperFloor Deluxe guest room, city view
Elite Level: Platinum
Award stay: Yes (CCFNA50K)
Comments: Was upgraded to 54th-floor room where all in-room snacks and refrigerated beverages including alcohol were free each night and replenished daily. Received a welcome drink and snack item of our choice (white wine and crackers and cheese) delivered to our room for 2 people. Received breakfast vouchers and club lounge access daily. The club lounge is large with a good beverage and OK food selection but no outside view. Also received 2 vouchers daily for free access to the top-floor observatory on the 60th floor. The hotel is in the tallest building in Japan and has excellent city views from all rooms.
SPN Lifer and dwcho like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
The hotel is in the tallest building in Japan and has excellent city views from all rooms.
Not to nitpick, but the Yokohama Royal Park Hotel goes up to 70 or 73 floors. And the Tokyo Skytree is more than twice as tall.

That said, I'd love to try out this Marriott and stay on the upper floors. Thanks for posting.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:45 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
IIRIC, Harukas 300 is the tallest building in Japan, and the Osaka Marriot Miyako Hotel is in that tallest building in Japan. Tallest hotel or highest hotel rooms is something else.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stimpy
Not to nitpick, but the Yokohama Royal Park Hotel goes up to 70 or 73 floors. And the Tokyo Skytree is more than twice as tall.

That said, I'd love to try out this Marriott and stay on the upper floors. Thanks for posting.
Sorry to rain on your parade but below are quotes from Wikipedia:

"The
Yokohama Landmark Tower (横浜ランドマークタワー, Yokohama Randomāku Tawā) is the second tallest building[1] and 4th tallest structure in Japan, standing 296.3 m (972 ft) high. Until surpassed by Abeno Harukas in 2012, it stood as the tallest building in Japan." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yokohama_Landmark_Tower

Sure, it has more floors than Abeno Harukas where the Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel is located but it is still is not as tall, coming in 3.7 meters shorter than the Abeno Harukas where the Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel is located.

The Tokyo Skytree is not a building but a tower or structure (something like the Seattle Needle, an observation tower, not a building), so no comparison.

Below is the Wikipedia entry for the Tokyo Skytree:

"It became the
tallest structure in Japan in 2010[3] and reached its full height of 634 meters (2,080 ft) in March 2011, making it the tallest tower in the world, displacing the Canton Tower,[4][5] and the second tallest structure in the world after the Burj Khalifa (829.8 m or 2,722 ft)." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Skytree

Please do your homework before posting.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
IIRIC, Harukas 300 is the tallest building in Japan, and the Osaka Marriot Miyako Hotel is in that tallest building in Japan. Tallest hotel or highest hotel rooms is something else.
That's exactly what I said, it's "in the tallest building in Japan." So what's your beef?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:05 am

Deleted: Double post.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Please do your homework before posting.
I did. And I have been in these buildings. Yes I said buildings. But you can call it a structure if it is really important to you.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:13 am
Suspended

That's exactly what I said, it's "in the tallest building in Japan." So what's your beef?
I was confirming what you stated.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:24 am

I was confirming what you stated.
That's not how I read it, but if you say so, OK.

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; Mar 3, 2022 at 8:30 am
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:29 am

I did. And I have been in these buildings. Yes I said buildings. But you can call it a structure if it is really important to you.
Buildings and towers are different. There are two categories, the tallest buildings in the world and the tallest towers in the world. The Tokyo Skytree is not listed as a building in the link below.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tures_in_Japan

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; Mar 3, 2022 at 6:44 pm
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:12 am
Suspended

Buildings and towers are different. There are two categories, the tallest buildings in the world and the tallest towers in the world, they do not compete with each other. Look it up.
He mentioned tallest hotel(s) in Japan in response to you talking about the hotel in the tallest building in Japan. Your post and his post are talking past each other. Perhaps now you understand what I wrote and why I wrote that post with which you were taking beef?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Property: St. Regis Bal Harbour
Date(s): 2/27-3/4
Room booked: Deluxe King
Room received: Atlantic Suite
Elite Level: Ambassador
Award stay: Yes, Points
Rate Type: Mix with 5th night free
Comments: Love this hotel. I’ve stayed here many times. Breakfast in Atlantikos is great.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:58 pm

It's time to get this thread back on topic. In closing, I will respond to the following:

You're welcome. I hope you get a chance to stay there. You can read a review of my stay here: https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ako-hotel-4183

He mentioned tallest hotel(s) in Japan in response to you talking about the hotel in the tallest building in Japan. Your post and his post are talking past each other. Perhaps now you understand what I wrote and why I wrote that post with which you were taking beef?
OK, thank you for trying to clarify.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Property: Westin LAX
Date(s): Feb. 25-26
Room booked: Standard 2 Queen Bed
Room received: Club 2 Queen Bed
Elite Level: Titanium
Award stay: No
Rate Type: Parking rate
Comments: No elite recognition and Westin Club closed. Welcome points in exchange for breakfast at the restaurant. Charged for wifi and restaurant credit didn't apply. Had to call to clear it up.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Motion122
Property: Westin LAX...............No elite recognition and Westin Club closed. Welcome points in exchange for breakfast at the restaurant. Charged for wifi and restaurant credit didn't apply. Had to call to clear it up.
Westin LAX is not too good with elite benefits. It is on my do-not-stay list even though it maybe priced lower than other Bonvoy properties in LAX. You can try Sheraton next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.