Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Targeted (for selected members ONLY) Promotions (2022 / 23 -)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Check your membership's promotion page :
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/promotionCentral.mi

List of Targeted Promotions for 2022 :
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Targeted (for selected members ONLY) Promotions (2022 / 23 -)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2022, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by r0m8470
My wife's app behaved the same. She registered for 2 nights stay 2 free nights promo - but then the promo did not appear on her app. After that, she got another promo - the 1K points plus 1 bonus elite night credit, so she registered for that one too. After that, only the latter promo showed up on her app.

This weekend, we had a long staycation at a local Marriott. When we got home, both promos now showed up on her app.

Can these promos be stacked?
I get both my targeted bonus (double points on weekend stays) and the global promo 1000 points and one extra elite night credit per night for my stays at the moment.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I get both my targeted bonus (double points on weekend stays) and the global promo 1000 points and one extra elite night credit per night for my stays at the moment.
We found out that the promos can be stacked - she ended up with double the elite night credits - and 2 more free night cert for up to 35K per night each.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
I am targeted for stay twice and earn 2 free night that I believe expiring in march. Would a stay on March 31 to April 1 count? Thanks
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:55 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by pbd456
I am targeted for stay twice and earn 2 free night that I believe expiring in march. Would a stay on March 31 to April 1 count? Thanks
Hello there,
We'd like to look into this. Please PM us your account details, full name on account, email address and last stay.
Looking forward to hear from you.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker III
Hello there,
We'd like to look into this. Please PM us your account details, full name on account, email address and last stay.
Looking forward to hear from you.
sent, thanks
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Just received a targeted promo today for double bonus points for the next couple of months. This is helpful as I have a lot of stays planned in July and August.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:25 am

I have the following promo, appears to be targeted since its not on my wife's account:

Earn up to 22,500 bonus points after just two eligible paid stays.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: Delta Ham Sandwich, IHG Spire, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Targeted Double Elite Credits

Just signed up for double elite nights until end of August. Pretty much seals up maintaining Titanium.
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Nothing x2 in my 2x Titanium household.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
5k points for two weekend stays. Weak.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
Zip for me.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Tanic
5k points for two weekend stays. Weak.
That's 5k more than what I received.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
I qualified for Ambassador last year and got this year's double night/point credit promo at the beginning. I had over 90 nights and the spend already for Ambassador as these promos went out and got nothing, now over 100 nights and nothing. Not complaining, just datapoints that Marriott is targeting users and your promo may be spot on or off of what they think you would have taken advantage of.

IE: A user who typically hits plat or titanium and seems to be short nights or not booking as much? Offer them a double night promo.

A user who is a few nights short of a status level or maybe if they are saving search history a few points or stays away from their dream/annual points based vacation? Send em a points promo.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by cubeman
I qualified for Ambassador last year and got this year's double night/point credit promo at the beginning. I had over 90 nights and the spend already for Ambassador as these promos went out and got nothing, now over 100 nights and nothing. Not complaining, just datapoints that Marriott is targeting users and your promo may be spot on or off of what they think you would have taken advantage of.

IE: A user who typically hits plat or titanium and seems to be short nights or not booking as much? Offer them a double night promo.

A user who is a few nights short of a status level or maybe if they are saving search history a few points or stays away from their dream/annual points based vacation? Send em a points promo.
The double nights promo at the start of the year was a global promotion.

There is really no clear logic to these targeted promotions - I keep getting variations of double points this year. I am on 66 nights with lots of bookings for the rest of the year, and just received a targeted double points promo. I have no interest in renewing ambassador and I won’t make the spend requirement. However, I will be choosing Bonvoy for most of my stays in July and August, partially due to the double points promo, so I guess maybe the targeted promos work?
SPN Lifer and margarita girl like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by cubeman

Marriott obviously wants to maximize their profits, so they are going after those who they think wont otherwise stay.

My wife and I both have cards but thats just for points/FNC purposes. Unless we are using a FNC all reservations are under my name. She never gets targeted promos. I am typically in the 40 night range and I always get promos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.