Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Targeted (for selected members ONLY) Promotions (2022 / 23 -)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Check your membership's promotion page :
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/promotionCentral.mi

List of Targeted Promotions for 2022 :
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Targeted (for selected members ONLY) Promotions (2022 / 23 -)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2022, 9:35 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by clarkef
Promotions are not rewards for loyalty. That is part of the great marketing lie that "loyalty programs" have anything to do with loyalty. These programs are designed to incent stays at Marriott properties by increasing the return on the investment of your travel dollars, e.g. booking a $200 Marriott is ultimately least expensive than booking a $190 Hilton because I get breakfast at the Marriott which likely saves me more than the $10 difference. Accordingly, a promotion is designed to drive you to spend more money at their properties, e.g. more nights, more spending at F&B, etc. If Marriott believes that you're going to spend the same money whether or not you receive a promotion, then giving you the promotion has no upside to Marriott.
Come on, this is Marriott we're talking about. Of course a promo should drive extra spend, but --like so many other IT things-- they're messing this up royally.

I received 3 targeted promos in the last 3 years. The first two were 6k/9k/12k extra points for stays 1-3. This time, I received the two free nights offer (one free night after stay 1, another after stay 2).

Every time I get these promos, I already have a half dozen+ bookings for the promo period. They're just throwing me free points/nights for doing nothing out of the usual.

If they actually analyzed my travel patterns and had the intention to incent extra spend, they might offer me something like 1000 points per stay for the first 5 stays (which I already booked), 5k per stay for stays 6-10 and 10k per stay for stays 11+. Or offer the two free nights on every stay that's already booked where I end up spending $200+ on F&B.

I'll happily take the freebies. But let's not pretend that this is brain surgery by Marriott's marketing/IT folks.
margarita girl and KRSW like this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
After seeing this thread and realizing I'm not targeted again, I cancelled my next two Marriott stays and replaced them with IHG (promotion).
Happy, yscleo, UA-NYC and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
These promotions are so widely different. Always a bumper to notice it's really a game to only seduce those who don't book the most. I get this from a economical side, but the mindset for those loyal customers who learn this is neglected.

Here's mine (I'm Platinum Elite)

Get 4,000 bonus points after one stay*, 6,000 additional points after your second stay and 8,000 more points after your third stay

The new quarterly general promotion should be coming soon I hope...
yscleo and KRSW like this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 12:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Do these pop up on the website, the app, or are folks getting a targeted email?
Old Jan 2, 2022, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
After seeing this thread and realizing I'm not targeted again, I cancelled my next two Marriott stays and replaced them with IHG (promotion).
I have 12 bookings this month and am cancelling them each time I get the check in notification. Instead I'm moving it to local independent hotels and booking through Rocket miles so picking up hard to earn miles. Unlike chain hotels independents seem to become cheaper the closer you get to stay date.
yscleo, CO-PLAT and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K3M, Marriott(SPG) Lifetime Plat
Nothing here either.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Do these pop up on the website, the app, or are folks getting a targeted email?
Mine was in my account, but it didn't pop up, I went looking for it (under Promotions) because I was about to book a couple of Marriott stays and I wanted to see if there were any new promotions.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
I got 7500 for first stay, additional 15000 for second stay, by 2/28.

I am an Ambassador with 311 EQN in 2021.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR PLT ELT, ex Hyatt Diamond, Ex DL RM, Ex UA 1K
as usual, no promos for me, only a LTT, 85 nights in 2021, so when my travel starts in 1.5 weeks, Hyatt gets any business for the promo they are offering. Its sad, as I have been with Marriott (not Starwood) for over 30 years, made LTT years ago under the older rules, so I guess they don't care to incentivice me. I am indifferent so long as I have a good hotel, and I get the bennies regardless of Marriott or Hyatt due to status in each program.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Double points on every stay two nights or more

Have no plans to give Marriott any paid stay $ in 2022
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kb1992
I got 7500 for first stay, additional 15000 for second stay, by 2/28.

I am an Ambassador with 311 EQN in 2021.
I'm AMB with more EQN (and LTT), but no promo for me.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Since Covid? I basically never stay in a hotel (other than once late last year) and I got zilch as well.
Yep… I had 230 EQNs in 2021 and about 140 in 2020 I think.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm AMB with more EQN (and LTT), but no promo for me.
What was your spent in 2021? I suspect that you spent more than I did.

I don't understand why MB doesn't give you this little incentive to stay more.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:09 pm

While it is logical that Marriott wants to incentivize those who do not stay much, this policy of riches for the infrequent guests and NOTHING for those who often go out of the way to clock up more Marriott nights SUCKS big time. So much for loyalty being rewarded!
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by puchong
While it is logical that Marriott wants to incentivize those who do not stay much, this policy of riches for the infrequent guests and NOTHING for those who often go out of the way to clock up more Marriott nights SUCKS big time. So much for loyalty being rewarded!
I do almost feel guilty for the great offer I got (I'm the OP), silver status and I got the 7,500 then 15,000.

The problem I'm wresting with now is if it's a good idea to give up the "free" stays I have now to switch out to get the bonus. The rates are over $200 for the nights I could switch out. I know I'd be getting back either points or a FNC, but the FNCs might expire before I get to use them for something else. I don't want to just book random stays to get a bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.