Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Medellin Refusing to honor paid suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Medellin Refusing to honor paid suite

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2021, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by divrdrew
Reading this thread reminds me of the exact reasons I switched to Hilton years ago. I spend a lot of time in hotels and with Marriott, they always found a way to make things unpleasant. Whether it was not getting the room paid for, getting downgraded and being told it’s an upgrade, or just poor service overall. Management did nothing and corporate always backed management. With Marriott it seems as if the mantra is something like “let’s find a way to screw the customer.” Been with Hilton a long time now and exactly the opposite. Something goes wrong on site, I chat with a manager and they almost always do the right thing. If they don’t, I email corporate and they fix it. Very different approach to customer service.
Marriott used to be the gold standard for under promising and over delivering. That’s been gone for a long time now. Hilton and IHG do a good job of delivering exactly what was promised, hyatt tends to go above and beyond. Marriott marketing works overtime to hype things up then management leaves you out to dry.
MSPeconomist and lsquare like this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by olouie
Marriott used to be the gold standard for under promising and over delivering. That’s been gone for a long time now.
Yep. Thank you, SPG.
MSPeconomist and lsquare like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.