Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Austin Marriott Downtown, TX [Master Thread]

Old Dec 14, 21, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond

Did not see any reviews of this hotel.
The Austin Marriott Downtown, the 31-story, 613-room hotel located at 304 E. Cesar Chavez St. just steps from the Austin Convention Center, is now open, with 60,000 square feet of meeting space, several new eateries and bars, and a rooftop pool terrace with expansive downtown views.

Staying here this Friday. Heard the rooftop bar is the hotspot. If anyone has any reviews or know what the Platinum/Titanium breakfast would be, that would be great.
Old Dec 14, 21, 4:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

• Lounge Access: While our M Club Lounge is currently closed, Platinum and above Marriott Bonvoy will receive two $15 vouchers to use at any of our food & beverage outlets in the hotel.https://whattoexpect.marriott.com/ausmd
Old Dec 14, 21, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott LT Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Stayed here back in October during the F1 Grand Prix. Pretty standard Marriott rooms, a bit on the smaller side.
Rooftop bar is tiki themed, drinks are pretty decent, food is mediocre, service is kind of spotty (not sure if they were understaffed)

Pretty decent location, lots of good food places within walking distance. Also, not terribly far from Rainey Street or 6th Street
Old Dec 14, 21, 7:07 pm

Stayed in June 2021 for a convention. Staff seemed very well trained and great to work with on anything. Agree with poster above, definitely short staffed. Very small pool, lap pool like, but plenty of seating. Almost impossible to get drinks by the pool, only one server, working hard but too busy. One positive is the two times we received beverages and charged to room they never posted as a charge. Most people brought their own drinks, probably not a bad idea. As titanium I received $30 F and B credit per day for my wife and I, we used it at market/coffee shop area.
Old Dec 14, 21, 9:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This seems to say that every Plat+ room gets *two* $15 F&B vouchers per day regardless of whether one or two are staying in the room/suite. Is this correct?

Also, does this mean that if one tried to get both breakfast and an evening app/drink in the hotel, you can't combine the cost and deduct $30 in vouchers, but must either apply one in the morning and one in the evening, or if two are applied at once, any residual value would be lost? This would seem to be a major difference between "two vouchers" and a $30 F&B credit per day. Or am I reading too much into this?
Old Dec 15, 21, 5:51 am

I am not sure what the official policy is in regards to F and B credit per day, but since we had two adults they gave 2 vouchers for $15 per day. We stayed 4 nights, received $120 in vouchers. They allow you to use the vouchers for items in their coffee shop area, lobby bar, restaurant, etc. We used $45 to cover a few drinks and app the first day and there was no problem.

My experience has been that some properties give 2 vouchers if two adults, others just give one per room. I stay at Courtyards frequently and receive one voucher no matter if two adults or not, but I can think of a few that gave 2 vouchers for 2 adults (Courtyard New Haven Yale comes to mind in Sept).

Edit to add: If your bill comes to $26 dollars and you apply two vouchers, you lose $4 worth of the voucher. Hope I answered that somewhat clear.
Old Dec 15, 21, 7:00 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, World of Hyatt Globalist, AAdvantage Gold, United Premier Silver
I stayed here on opening weekend back in March - just one person and was given 2 vouchers per night. At the market, the associate wrote the remaining value of the voucher, but when I tried to use it at the bar that night, they said that remaining value couldn't be used and that the associate shouldn't have done that (they comped me anyway). I'm assuming by this point that they have clarified that policy one way or the other.
Old Dec 15, 21, 10:41 am

Zanzibar is a hot spot in Austin right now. Not sure if itís easier for hotel guests to get in/get service, but evidently itís a cool environment with subpar service
Old Dec 15, 21, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott LT Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kyleclogan View Post
Zanzibar is a hot spot in Austin right now. Not sure if itís easier for hotel guests to get in/get service, but evidently itís a cool environment with subpar service
I don't think hotel guests get any preference. They have a hostess on the street level for non-hotel guests. As a hotel guest, you can enter from the fitness center area, but they have another hostess at the entrance to the bar.

Our waitress was very quirky but it took her like 15 minutes to greet us after we sat down. I think she knew some people at another table so she was sitting down and chatting with them for a bit.
Old Mar 12, 22, 2:46 pm

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Question to anyone who stayed there: are the 2x $15 vouchers *on top* of the Welcome Amenity ($10 F+B credit)? Or is this instead of?
Old Mar 13, 22, 9:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, World of Hyatt Globalist, AAdvantage Gold, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by morphogencc View Post
Question to anyone who stayed there: are the 2x $15 vouchers *on top* of the Welcome Amenity ($10 F+B credit)? Or is this instead of?
It should be on top (the vouchers replaced the lounge benefit), but I always choose points as the welcome amenity, so I'm not sure how it works in practice.

Search this Thread