Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Moxy Lausanne City, Switzerland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2021, 1:28 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Moxy Lausanne City

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Moxy Lausanne City

Rue de la Vigie, 3 Lausanne, CH 1003

Moxy Lausanne - decent for a Moxy but.. (0 Photo)

Moxy Lausanne City

Pleasant, fine for a short stay for one person.  

Check In

Very straightforward.  Offered 500 points or small food credit.  Also was provided a voucher for free metro transportation, though didn't need to use it.  Was on a corporate rate but no mention of ID.  

Room

Small, queen size bed.  Small bathroom, with exceptionally small shower.  If you are a large person, you should consider staying somewhere else.  There is no closet; only a metal grid with hangers on the wall.  There is virtually no desk, either.  TV, bed, bathroom.  That's it.  

Service

Everyone was very helpful and spoke English w/o a problem.  

This is a bit of a hike from the train station, with a significant part going uphill.  If you have a lot of luggage (ie, more than a carryon), I suggest you take a taxi.  Plenty of cafes and restaurants in the vicinity, including a mid century furniture store that has a cafe in the back.  

Overall

For a Moxy, this was fine.  You must be keenly aware of how simple the Moxy brand is, in order to avoid disappointment.  

Moxy Lausanne - decent for a Moxy but..

Would you like to write a review on the Moxy Lausanne City?

No, thank you.
Yes
lbbzman likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by izzik
Introduction Pleasant, fine for a short stay for one person. Check In Very straightforward. Offered 500 points or small food credit. Also was provided a voucher for free metro transportation, though didn't need to use it. Was on a corporate rate but no mention of ID. Room Small, queen size bed. Small bathroom, with exceptionally small shower. If you are a large person, you should consider staying somewhere else. There is no closet; only a metal grid with hangers on the wall. There is virtually no desk, either. TV, bed, bathroom. That's it. Service Everyone was very helpful and spoke English w/o a problem. Location This is a bit of a hike from the train station, with a significant part going uphill. If you have a lot of luggage (ie, more than a carryon), I suggest you take a taxi. Plenty of cafes and restaurants in the vicinity, including a mid century furniture store that has a cafe in the back. Overall For a Moxy, this was fine. You must be keenly aware of how simple the Moxy brand is, in order to avoid disappointment.
Did you try the breakfast?
Old Jul 12, 2023, 12:19 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pschris
Did you try the breakfast?
no, because the cost outweighed the food credit.
there are other options nearby, don't bother with the moxy breakfast.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 2:17 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
To reach the hotel from the main station, just cross the street and take the M2 "metro" one station up to "Flong" and then it's an easy straight and flat walk to the Moxy. The only bad side of the location of the hotel is that it's surrounded by bars, restaurants and clubs and it can get quite noisy at night. But it's super central and everything is easily doable by foot.
I did some stay-cation there during COVID and the rooms are small, not sure I would like staying there as a couple. The bathroom is small but not tiny, I'm 1m70 only though. It's just like other Moxy's around in Europe.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 7:21 pm

Anyone have an email address for the hotel?
Old Aug 11, 2023, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by izzik
no, because the cost outweighed the food credit.
there are other options nearby, don't bother with the moxy breakfast.
Breakfast would included in my corporate rate...can report back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.