Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place, WV [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2021, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

No master thread on the property, so I thought I'd share about my current stay.
The hotel is in the "Wharf District" outside of downtown, but right on the Caperton Trail. It's a 17ish story building and convention center, with condos on the top 6 stories.

As a Platinum, was upgraded in advance to an "Executive" room, which is just a high floor. Our room mostly faced the building across the way but you could see the WVU campus on the hill. If you looked left, you could see the river.

Craning left from our window

We got into town on the early side and figured we'd see if our room was ready at 11am. Check in agent wasn't particularly friendly and commented how early we were. No mention of limited services due to COVID, nor of breakfast or anything. I asked about it and she confusingly gave me a single voucher (despite two people on a two-night stay.) She mentioned the concierge lounge was open and "stocked but not staffed." She was not wearing a mask, nor was anyone else who worked at the hotel, despite signage.

The room was fine, with a large king bed, and a big couch. Modern, clean, and sparse

"executive" king

At check in we were told parking was $12 a day at the parking garage on the other side of the conference schedule, though the gate was open the whole time so you're basically on the honors system.

For breakfast, in the lobby restaurant, the voucher got us the full buffet, which is fairly small- a few hot dishes, small assortment of pastry, yogurt, fruits, and cereal. Servers, kitchen staff, and hostesses were not masked.

Breakfast buffet pastry, fruits and yogurts

The concierge lounge is a beautiful, huge space on the second floor. "Stocked but not staffed" meant there were bags of chips, trail mix, apples, and granola bars, sodas, and a coffee machine. The coffee machine was not working the entire first day, and it seemed sodas got replaced once a day. On day 1 there was a pair of scissors on the floor which was not great. Nice space and a great place to do some work as much larger and filled with light than the lobby.

Concierge lounge

Concierge lounge

Concierge lounge

Was never mentioned, but there was no housekeeping service on the two-night stay. Notably, there is no Marriott "What to Expect" page for this property. The ice machine on our floor was broken the whole stay.

We had a good rate and there aren't many full-service properties in Morgantown, but definitely not a stay where we felt like valued guests.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Sep 25, 2021 at 4:26 pm Reason: Retitle to be a Master Thread
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Update: I had a feeling the elite breakfast wouldnt be honored properly since they gave me one voucher for two nights. No statement was presented to me at checkout, and I should have insisted on one. When I was finally able to access the PDF, sure enough, charged for breakfast and now have to chase down the accounting folks at the property. Be forewarned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.