Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton NoMad NYC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2021, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond

The Ritz Carlton NoMad is the latest luxury hotel to come to New York City. Standing at nearly 600 feet (40 stories) tall in the hot NoMad neighborhood, this Ritz Carlton will feature 250 hotels and 16 penthouse branded residences. It is being developed by Flag Luxury Group which not only has an intimate history with the city (developed the old Regent on Wall Street) but also the Ritz Carlton flag (current owners of many Ritz Carltons in Miami including Bal Harbour, Coconut Grove, and South Beach).

Chef José Andrés will operate two on property restaurants: Zaytinya and Bazaar. In addition, the hotel will also feature a rooftop bar with stunning city views as well as a Ritz Club Lounge on the 36th floor.

The general manager of the hotel, Bastian Germer, has come from the New York EDITION where he served as the general manager for almost 4 years. Previously, he served as the manager of the Ritz Carlton Toronto, the F&B director for the Ritz Carlton Osaka, and the operations director of the St. Pancras Renaissance.

The penthouse residences are priced amongst some of the most expensive in the city with price per square foot coming in at around $4000 on most units. Cost of ownership for non-financed units will hover around $3000-$7000 a month. 60% of that will come from common charges ($4000 per month average, essentially home owner association fees for the suburbia people) and 40% from real estate taxes ($3000 per month average). The Ritz Carlton NoMad is entering a very hot neighborhood for luxury condominiums. Within the past few years, NoMad has become one of the most desirable locations for top-tier luxury buildings such as: 277 Fifth Avenue, Madison House, Rose Hill, 30E31, and many more. The neighborhood location is very walkable with proximity to sites such as: Eleven Madison Park, Kazu Nori, Milk Bar Flagship, Patent Pending Speakeasy, Stumptown Coffee, Ace Hotel Lounge, and much more.

Rafael Vinoly, the Ritz Carlton NoMad designer, is notable for designing many buildings in NYC such as 432 Park Avenue on billionaire’s row and the nearby 277 Fifth Avenue luxury condominium building. Internationally, he has worked with famoud projects such as the Curve Theater in Leceister.
svo242 likes this.

Last edited by WasKnown; Sep 20, 2021 at 10:38 am
Old Sep 20, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
I enjoy the South Beach Ritz and how they run things, I currently stay there 2-3x a year. As a NY'er its rare I stay in the city overnight when I live next to it but it does happen. Can't wait for this place to open.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cubeman
I enjoy the South Beach Ritz and how they run things, I currently stay there 2-3x a year. As a NY'er its rare I stay in the city overnight when I live next to it but it does happen. Can't wait for this place to open.
I have high expectations for the hard product here. The location is also great, particularly for staycations. This has the potential to become the best Marriott property in the city. I'm 100% sure FlyerTalk property visits for the Ritz NoMad will eventually be flooded with service complaints though.

I love staycationing. The fact that this location is away from most of the other luxury NYC hotels in midtown (where I live) makes it very interesting for me. I would never buy an apartment here though. Amenities are shared with the hotel. Access to a Ritz Club Lounge at your home is nice but it's just not worth the trade-offs.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 9:58 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
No opening date seems to be around yet? Any intel?
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ABG
No opening date seems to be around yet? Any intel?
Publicly stated to be late 2021. I have strong reasons to believe the hotel will open in 2022.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

General manager just told me they are currently targeting an open date of February 2022.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 1:05 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (LT Silver), United Silver
They updated the floor plans.
https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...d/rooms-suites
Old Oct 17, 2021, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by frank.lan.yufan
The Ritz Carlton Suite looks great for hosting people
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:33 am

Any updates on a firm opening date other than just Spring yet?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Noticed rates loaded in starting July 1st - is that the real opening date?
Old May 6, 2022, 12:05 pm

I hope not, I have a stay booked there 6/29-7/1.
Old May 6, 2022, 12:20 pm

I work a block away. It’s still pretty Far from opening in my opinion…
chrumbles likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 9:37 am

I emailed in to the Bonvoy email and someone did get back to me saying that the hotel indeed won't be open 6/29-7/1. So they rebooked me at the Ritz Central Park at the same rate that I had booked this which was 170k/2 nights - Central Park is now 198k/2 nights. They also offered the St Regis (~207k/2 nights) but I already have 5 nights there during the same trip.

Will have to check out NoMad next time then!
Old May 13, 2022, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by chrumbles
I emailed in to the Bonvoy email and someone did get back to me saying that the hotel indeed won't be open 6/29-7/1. So they rebooked me at the Ritz Central Park at the same rate that I had booked this which was 170k/2 nights - Central Park is now 198k/2 nights. They also offered the St Regis (~207k/2 nights) but I already have 5 nights there during the same trip.

Will have to check out NoMad next time then!
Which email address did you email? I have a stay July 13th and getting worried it won't be open.

Thanks!
Old May 14, 2022, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by dman22
Which email address did you email? I have a stay July 13th and getting worried it won't be open.

Thanks!
[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.