Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Planet Hollywood Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Resort, Cancun [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2021, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.

I know this is a newer property to the Bonvoy family, but curious if anyone has experiences with the PH property, especially as an elite member.

I have a ton of experience with WOH staying at the Zilara chain. WOH will still upgrade elite members at the AI properties. Curious if PH will upgrade Titanium members to star class level?
Any feedback on the rooms?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by etsmyers
I know this is a newer property to the Bonvoy family, but curious if anyone has experiences with the PH property, especially as an elite member.

I have a ton of experience with WOH staying at the Zilara chain. WOH will still upgrade elite members at the AI properties. Curious if PH will upgrade Titanium members to star class level?
Any feedback on the rooms?
in the FB Ambassador group it seems like this is an absolutely terrible property and should be avoided. Someone recommends the Royalton instead of PH and was upgraded to the Diamond Club.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

UGH, thanks though. Had hopes it would be lively and attentive....
Old Sep 19, 2021, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
in the FB Ambassador group it seems like this is an absolutely terrible property and should be avoided. Someone recommends the Royalton instead of PH and was upgraded to the Diamond Club.
Any clue if MB or Royalton upgrades to Diamond club? fearing my deviation from Hyatt,
Old Sep 20, 2021, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What brand is this property under?
Old Oct 31, 2021, 2:52 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone who has stayed here know what extra benefits Bonvoy elites (Platinum, Titanium, Ambassadors) receive, if any?
Old Nov 1, 2021, 12:12 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Titanium
In case anyone is curious... I reached out to Planet Hollywood on FB and they provided the following confirmation...

Titanium members have Star Class. Planet Play and Flowrider have additional cost. Stars Kids Club, cinema, fitness, lazy river, minigolf, splash park or entertainment activities are included.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone stayed there? Any elite benefits other than Star Class upgrade?
TXJeepGuy likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
We stayed there on January as titanium members. We were upgraded to a swim up room, had access to star class zones (pool, lounge and restaurant), and were given late check out. And you check-in in a dedicated desk

you don’t get the same benefits as those paying star class (no butler, no restaurant reservations, no bottle of alcohol in the room) but in my opinion it’s not a problem, alcohol is everywhere and restaurants they give you a buzzer so you can go and have a drink in another bar while waiting

and of course you get the nigths and extra points
TXJeepGuy and TerryK like this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Was just looking at this myself; specifically the Adults only side.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by santydrak
We stayed there on January as titanium members. We were upgraded to a swim up room, had access to star class zones (pool, lounge and restaurant), and were given late check out. And you check-in in a dedicated desk.......
Thank you. Any comment on facilities, activities and food?
Old Aug 16, 2022, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by TXJeepGuy
Was just looking at this myself; specifically the Adults only side.
if you are upgraded probably they will do it on the adult size (that was our case). I recommend you try both restaurants of the adult side (they are very good) and the restaurant next to star class pool is also good and you are by the pool
Old Aug 16, 2022, 5:55 pm

Thank you. Any comment on facilities, activities and food?
you have a very good well-equipped gym, lazy river is very fun there’s a grotto bar, pools are big, the beach, there’s even a movie theater with 2 different movies a family one and later a more adult one. However, entertainment at night is weak.

Food is very good in general. Don’t miss the 2 adult restaurants, the steak house, the italian, the restaurant by the pool for star class and elite members. The teppanyaki / japanese was not so good (in terms of quality, the show is great if you haven’t been to one before). I didn’t like the burger joint (maybe it was me) and it was so slow… i couldn’t try the indian nor the mexican. Check the schedule and plan accordingly as not all the restaurants open the same days.

Drinks are excellent to be an all-inclusive resort, they prepare good tasty cocktails. You have access as elite member to the lounge in star class zone where you can have bottled water and soft drinks (cans). And you will have the mini bar in your room with some beers and soft drinks (if you arrive and it’s not the case you can ask them as it’s included)

there are no snacks between breakfast and lunch and between lunch and dinner, at some moments in the lounge. Not a big deal but some people were complaining (and maybe an issue if you drink a lot!)
Old Sep 30, 2022, 12:23 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Anybody else has any experience here?
I will be redeeming points. 288,000 points for 5 nights all inclusive for 2 guests + 2 kids ($410 each extra person charge). Can somebody comment if this is a good redemption? Cash price is $700 per night so $3500 for 5 nights.
one concern I have is that this place is very far away from the airport and hotel zone (30+ Kms away)
Also, do all restaurants need reservations or can you simply walk in and get in line?
Old Mar 10, 2023, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
I stayed in January. Booked a last minute trip and felt I got a decent value out of it. Got upgraded to Star Class. I tried to get upgraded to a swim-out pool but they were all taken (and there was literally no one using them) but did get a dang near oceanfront room and it did have a good view. Rarely used any features of Star Class since the adult only pool is for all segments. I did get some upgraded booze at the bars by being Star Class.

Overall, I thought the resort was really good. It's a vacation factory so as long as you have proper expectations, it's quite good. Gets a little rowdy at the adult pool but that's to be expected. Lazy river was fun. Has a bar right in the middle in a sort of cave.

Food was really good. Ate at the Mexican, Indian, Italian restaurants as well as the burger joint for a quick lunch and the main buffet. The Indian restaurant was as good as my local place which is frequented by my Indian co-workers. People complained about waiting forever but we normally eat late so didn't have to wait long. I also got invited to the Elite dinner which was quite good with freshly grilled lobster and steak on offer. I talked to another couple who were titanium and didn't get invited so unsure why they didn't get the invite. Ask about it at check in if Plat or above.

I probably will try another resort next time just to mix it up, but I wouldn't hesitate to return if the opportunity presented itself. Fair warning but it's 20-30min north of Cancun so it'll require a pricy taxi to head into the city. There's nothing nearby. I rented a car for $80 to explore one day. Just bear the location in mind if you want to get off the resort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.