Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott extending benefits 2022/2023 (?) Hilton does....

Old Sep 15, 2021, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador

Hello,

I just received an mail from Hilton saying:
  • All elite status will be extended through March 2023
  • All 2021 nights will rollover to next year
  • No Points will expire until the end of 2022
  • Elite status tier requirements lower than 2019 tier qualifications
Will Marriott follow?
fotoflyer88 and tbm13 like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 9:45 am

They should follow, but we know Marriott doesn't care about their guests and just cares about their franchisees, so I wouldn't bet on it
Boraxo, bosman, Scifience and 11 others like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
SO true

Originally Posted by Dn10
They should follow, but we know Marriott doesn't care about their guests and just cares about their franchisees, so I wouldn't bet on it
Even the Fairfield breakfast no longer has consistency , stayed a 5 different ones in one state this summer, when asked they said the "owners" trying to cut costs. But that said should get back to the thread topic

Last edited by Jiatong; Sep 15, 2021 at 10:03 am Reason: splng
Old Sep 15, 2021, 10:00 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Hilton is big enough that I think Marriott will have to do something to match this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:06 am

Even if Marriott follows, it's been disheartening seeing Marriott behind the curve all through out the pandemic.

Marriott is always following what our chains are doing, never being the ones that first announce these customer friendly changes. Really shows you how much Marriott cares about their members.
mikebor, skrosvik, UA-NYC and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:14 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DallasEsq
Hilton is big enough that I think Marriott will have to do something to match this.
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Even if Marriott follows, it's been disheartening seeing Marriott behind the curve all through out the pandemic.

Marriott is always following what our chains are doing, never being the ones that first announce these customer friendly changes. Really shows you how much Marriott cares about their members.
Will Marriott actually follow though? They did not extend status even last year (although the half EQN rollover was pretty generous) and they have not matched the promos of IHG/Hyatt/Hilton
anteater likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold
Marriott will follow with "and our lounges will continue to be closed until some indeterminate date in 2023, and housekeeping will be available via cash or points only"
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:23 am

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Will Marriott actually follow though? They did not extend status even last year (although the half EQN rollover was pretty generous) and they have not matched the promos of IHG/Hyatt/Hilton
Yeah, I am not expecting Marriott to be as generous.

Just for fun, my guess for what Marriott will do
  • Same half of EQN rollover as last year
  • Extend free night certs to June 31, 2022
  • No points expiration until start of 2023
tbm13, gojko88 and ryw like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:31 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by climbingbear

I would love half EQN rollover if only because it would automatically get my mom to lifetime Platinum status without having spent more than 5 nights at a Marriott hotel since 2019 lol
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:42 am

I agree, which is why I said even IF Marriott follows.

Originally Posted by climbingbear

Honestly, given my low expectations with Marriott, I think we should be glad if they offer this.
fotoflyer88 and tbm13 like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:44 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Im in favor of them not following suite, next year is likely to be much the same, so will they just extend status again in 2022?
boss315 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:53 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
I would be happy if they do the same half (25/38nights) rollover again - based on the higher of 2019 or 2020 or 2021 status. Aka lots who still arent on the road, keep them loyal but incentivize those who are back to stay.

meanwhile Ive already got globalist now with Hyatt and banking the occasional Hilton night (Gold already via Amex)

hyatt is a superior program however a smaller network of available hotels. I can find a Marriott or Hilton In more places.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Marriott will not just extend another year. Don't forget they ran a double elite night credit to give us every chance of renewing/upgrading. Plus the simple and obvious credit card options for more elite nights. A Platinum from 2019 has absolutely no reason not to be a Platinum in 2022 if they choose to be...

I wouldn't mind another 25 free nights though. Even then Marriott are trying their best to get me to stop staying, even though I'm really close to LT Plat.
SPN Lifer and kauppias like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
I would love half EQN rollover if only because it would automatically get my mom to lifetime Platinum status without having spent more than 5 nights at a Marriott hotel since 2019 lol

Me too.

I have 300 EQN this year. Half EQN rollover gets me automatic Titanium for 2023.

Ooops maybe that is not true. They might do rollover for only 38 EQN.

With 15 EQN from CC, that's automatic Platinum?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Ti, LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Hilton status is a pathetic joke, they don't need to worry about devaluing it, it's hardly worth anything to begin with.

I would be very surprised to see anything from Marriott beyond what they did for 2021.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.