Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Moxy Bern Expo, Switzerland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2021, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)

Moxy Bern Expo
Gardistrasse 4, 3014 Bern, Switzerland
Phone: 031 537 23 00

Official website:
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...moxy-bern-expo

Closest TRAIN station is "Bern Wankdorf" (There are direct S-bahn trains from Bern main station "Hauptbahnhof") Lines S1, S2, S3, S4, S31, and S44 all go there.

There is also a TRAM stop nearby. To get to the hotel from the main train station take tram 9 in the direction of "Guisanplatz Expo" and get off at "Bern Wankdorf".

Whether you are coming by tram or train, you will need to cross the train tracks to get to the other side where the hotel is, which involves going up and down lots of stairs. However, there are lifts (elevators) on both sides of the tracks to help you out.

This hotel (like most hotels in Bern) offers a small business card made of paper which entitles all guest registered in the room to free public transport in the whole city of Bern for each day you stay at the hotel (including the check-in and check-out days). If they forget to give you this paper card on arrival, make sure you ask for it. In theory, you can even travel for free within the city to the hotel on the day of arrival (before you get the paper card) by showing a copy of your confirmed reservation, but I have never verified if a ticket inspector will actually accept this.
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; May 1, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Old Sep 5, 2021, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Newish modern hotel which opened in 2020 I think

Windows DO open at this hotel for fresh air.

Rooms and bathrooms are both of a decent size and modern. Bathroom with walk-in showers.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 2:43 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
I hope tourists check google maps before booking because Wankdorf is not really the sexiest area of Bern..... you're stuck between train tracks and highway. Unless you go for some events or match at the stadium.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 4:43 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
any updates on this property?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.