Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Matild Palace Luxury Collection Budapest Hungary [Master Thread]

Old Jan 18, 2023, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Matild Palace Luxury Collection Budapest Hungary [Master Thread]

Old Sep 10, 2023, 9:59 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA + Star Alliance Gold
I really loved Matild Palace - here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Pros:
  • Upgraded the night before arrival to a One Bedroom Suite
  • Even though the suite was still being inspected at 3, I was offered a tasty iced coffee in the lobby while I waited - keys followed 10 minutes later
  • Very pretty common areas - including the scenic elevators with touch panel "buttons"
  • The suite has some nice detailing in the ceiling (though, it feels much more modern rather than regal)
  • Bed was fantastic - 6 plush pillows, plush mattress, plush covers
  • Beautiful bathroom with blue tile and marble
  • Shower pressure was good - I preferred the wand head over the rainfall
  • Delivered a lovely slice of chocolate mousse cake and some chocolates (one of which had ooey gooey caramel - yum)
  • Service was friendly and positive
  • Offered late checkout - no issue with 3, they wanted to give me 4
  • Elite breakfast (for some reason, they had me pick points and said breakfast was included) was very good
    • Friendly service
    • Really tasty croissants, bacon, and eggs on buffet
    • Eggs Benedict were cooked well (though, I couldn't finish the muffin)
    • Pancakes weren't my style, but good effort
  • AC was very strong
  • EUR-HUF exchange rate used for rate was very fair
Neutral:
  • I found the automated toilet seat a bit annoying - it beeped a lot and would open no matter where you were in the bathroom
Cons:
  • No body wash in the shower - two bottles of shampoo, and one looked partially used
  • WiFi had periods of extreme slowness (not consistent)
I would absolutely return to Matild Palace.

Photos:

Old Sep 11, 2023, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
I think Marriott hotels anywhere in Europe have doubled or tripled their rates from 2019
In my experience this summer Romanian and Polish properties are still reasonably priced, whereas BUD....

There are some interesting new Marriott properties in BUD, though, I'd like to try. W ("Ballet School") is one, the Autograph Dorothea ("MAHART") is another (opening in Nov) Matild and the Ritz ("Police HQ") are not brand new, but still very nice

Good place to do bed-running for the current points for brands promo (Marriott, CY, 4P, W, LC, RC, Autograph are all within walking distance - except the p/ rate is dismal for that purpose
SPN Lifer and reggiekush like this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 8:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Neutral:
  • I found the automated toilet seat a bit annoying - it beeped a lot and would open no matter where you were in the bathroom
You had the same room I did - I turned off the toilet after walking in and out of the bathroom a couple times.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 8:25 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA + Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
You had the same room I did - I turned off the toilet after walking in and out of the bathroom a couple times.
Glad to know there's an option to turn it off - I get scared pushing toilet buttons as who knows where water is going to come out.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 3:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
View of Matild Palace from Parisi Udvar penthouse, which you can see in one of ElevatorEnthusiast’s photos.

lamphs likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.