Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum breakfast - for how many?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2021, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ime whoever is registered in your room will get access. If room allows 4 guests you should all be ok. If room occupancy is limited check for family plan with second room half price - many properties outside us offer that.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by azepine00
Ime whoever is registered in your room will get access. If room allows 4 guests you should all be ok. If room occupancy is limited check for family plan with second room half price - many properties outside us offer that.
This.

Originally Posted by DELee
Book two rooms and you'll be fine.
David
Old Jul 17, 2021, 1:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Ryansox
Yes however it states only breakfast for 2 adults. I called the hotel and they didn't give me an answer. Not a huge deal as the breakfast rate was the cheapest rate. Just would save some money if it was in addition to my status
If it says breakfast for two, that is what you will receive. Asian properties generally go by the book. This includes rules on room occupancy. Many of these hotels would treat the teens as adults anyway.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Some US hotels checked who entered the M Club or club lounge, and they would enforce the elite guest + 1 limit for free access.

Bethesda North Marriott (actually located in Rockville, MD) and Crystal Gateway Marriott had attendants that check for guests and the rooms they are in for breakfast and evening service in the M Club during my stays before the pandemic. Crystal Gateway's breakfast in the M Club was from the full restaurant buffet. You need your room card to get back into the club from the restaurant door attached to it. Bethesda North Marriott had better 24 hour snacks and a more limited breakfast that is not attached to their restaurant. Evening offerings at both hotels were above average for American Marriott hotels a few years ago. They both sold access to guests who are not platinum+ and for those who have more than 2 people in a room.

Fullerton Marriott at CSU Fullerton also checked who entered the club lounge for breakfast and evening snacks. I have not stayed there for several years so it was way before the pandemic, but they always had good offerings and extra prepackaged snacks to take to go. In general, the better club lounges in the United States will check people entering to make sure no one is getting more than 2 guests from a room in for free.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by VA1379
In general, the better club lounges in the United States will check people entering to make sure no one is getting more than 2 guests from a room in for free.
Good word. Praise!

Guests who flout the rules ruin things for all of us.

If that's what it takes to restore our benefits, and hotels have the requisite personnel to do this, . . .

Beaucoup Bonv°y!
stuartpig likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 10:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
They will delay the opening of the club lounges if they are short on staff. Crystal Gateway can simply tell everyone the club is closed and have top elites dine in the regular restaurant area with everyone else. It would be slower since you have to actually use a waiter and have a bill adjusted. The best thing about the M Club at Crystal Gateway is that you can eat in the club and order the restaurant food for dinner. The waiters will bring it into the club, and you just tip them like you eat in the restaurant. This lets you drink the soda for free, and you do not have to pay a room service charge. The club is more comfortable inside with several TVs, places with charging outlets, and a computer to use.
ryw likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by epicurus
For hotels with lounge breakfast, like JW or Marriott, will they limit the number of guests? How about two adults + two teen kids?

I am looking at JW/Marriott Singapore, Bangkok, and Tokyo.

Thanks!
Asia? Thankfully mostly guest +1. You can pay for access for +2. Might get lucky when booking 2 rooms, but not likely IMO.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 4:35 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
A lot of UK lounges don’t make an effort to keep to the member plus 1. Bristol City is abused left, right and centre. It has a roof terrace accessible to everyone and people tap on the windows so their friends let them in. And you get 8 people with multiple tables dragged together. I know they are doing it as they brag about it. Canary Wharf allow families to take over, though hoping with staff changes that will stop. There was a particularly awful staff member (always moaning about her “..... colleagues) who seemed to love turning it into a crèche.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.