Combine Award Nights

Old Jul 4, 2021, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Yes.
Combine Award Nights

My wife and I each will have 3 award nights from the new boundless card. We would like to stay 1 week at a cat 6. Will we be able to get the 5th night free and use the 6 nights for the week?

Also, we don't have the nights in our accounts yet, but will soon. Can we book the room in advance (e,g, points advance) with the expectation that we will pay for the nights when the awards post?

Last edited by econjon; Jul 4, 2021 at 5:14 pm Reason: Added a question
Old Jul 4, 2021, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by econjon
My wife and I each will have 3 award nights from the new boundless card. We would like to stay 1 week at a cat 6. Will we be able to get the 5th night free and use the 6 nights for the week?

Also, we don't have the nights in our accounts yet, but will soon. Can we book the room in advance (e,g, points advance) with the expectation that we will pay for the nights when the awards post?
the 5th night free is only for 1 singular reservation, you cannot use the 5th night free promo between 2 different reservations even if it is for the same room between 2 different accounts.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 6:13 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Spouses can transfer 100k points per year for
free between accounts
Old Jul 4, 2021, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by 1mileman
the 5th night free is only for 1 singular reservation, you cannot use the 5th night free promo between 2 different reservations even if it is for the same room between 2 different accounts.
Correct. Plus the 5th night free does not apply to free credit card nights.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Yes.
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Correct. Plus the 5th night free does not apply to free credit card nights.
Ah, thank you! What about points advance reservation?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Ah, thank you! What about points advance reservation?
You can book each night individually, and then apply the credit card certificates later.

Points Advance doesn't lock in the price though, so beware of hotels that can move to peak pricing and stop you from using 35k or 50k certificates.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 1:41 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

In your case, I'd book your own and spouse rooms separately. Forget about the 5th night free since it does not apply to your situation. For each booking, apply FNAs or points. Do not use point advance since point advance does not lock you the points if you get standard or offpeak pricing. PA only reserves a room for you.

You can ask agent to leave note to make sure you and your spouse has the same trip and do not want to move during your stay. Fewer bookings will make this much easier than having a total of six bookings.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Trying to book a 3 night stay to use Boundless nights for 2 out of the three nights, getting this error - any ideas? Should I Call? any Marriott lurkers?

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.marriott.com/aries-reservation-black/v1/submitReviewDetails.comp" on this server.Reference #18.57fb3b17.1630592922.261433e7
Old Sep 2, 2021, 10:16 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by jasonNYC85
Trying to book a 3 night stay to use Boundless nights for 2 out of the three nights, getting this error - any ideas? Should I Call? any Marriott lurkers?

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.marriott.com/aries-reservation-black/v1/submitReviewDetails.comp" on this server.Reference #18.57fb3b17.1630592922.261433e7
This is a simple situation a phone call to Marriott agent can resolve. No need to find forum lurkers or forum members to help. Much quicker that way. Good luck.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Access Denied

Website is on lunch break. Please try again after lunch. Yes, it usually works if you try again an hour or two later.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 11:27 am

Programs: None - previously UA

Access Denied

Or try the App
Old Sep 3, 2021, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Or make two (or three) separate reservations.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Or make two (or three) separate reservations.
Yea this doesn't work either. Very weird. I'll try calling.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Or try the App
I cant figure out how to do the flexible pricing of points+dollars and then apply free nights in the app. trying to call.

Ah - this is why (for app)
  • Free Night Certificates cannot currently be reserved on the Marriott Bonvoy® Mobile App.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 10:01 am

So random. I kept trying and the fifth time I tried today on the website (while on hold for an agent) it went through. I'll take it. That was a very good 35k x2 redemption
SPN Lifer and margarita girl like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.