Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Orlando aLoft Let Someone In My Room

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Orlando aLoft Let Someone In My Room

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2021, 11:34 am

I would have been the one calling the Sheriff if I returned to my hotel room and all of my belongings were missing while the hotel said they let someone into my room?
SPN Lifer, uanj and MSPeconomist like this.
Old May 26, 2021, 11:36 am

Programs: Delta Plat
Sounds like your trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Maybe it's just me but your post is hard to follow, you say they let someone in your room who took your stuff, but you know the person and they work with you. And make it seem like they were doing a favor. However, you were pissed and I may have been too because you didn't give permission to anyone to enter the room and remove your items.

But after getting some form of compensation you get a visit by the sheriff deputies, along with the person who compensated you demanding full payment.

Why would they call Five-O?

To me, it sounds you may have implied someone you don't know got into the room and took your stuff and the po-po came to take a statement, and since the hotel probably has a record of who entered the room, along with video footage of who walked the halls to your room, you changed your tune or something, and that's when full payment was demanded. But that's me speculating from a hard-to-follow and bizarre story.
Old May 26, 2021, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
To me, it sounds you may have implied someone you don't know got into the room and took your stuff and the po-po came to take a statement, and since the hotel probably has a record of who entered the room, along with video footage of who walked the halls to your room, you changed your tune or something, and that's when full payment was demanded. But that's me speculating from a hard-to-follow and bizarre story.
The police came 4-5 days after OP’s belongings were allegedly taken by a colleague’s coworker. It sounds more like OP hadn’t paid (cash?) and the hotel called the police to assist. The entire thing is super bizarre.
Old May 26, 2021, 12:24 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
The police came 4-5 days after OP’s belongings were allegedly taken by a colleague’s coworker. It sounds more like OP hadn’t paid (cash?) and the hotel called the police to assist. The entire thing is super bizarre.
4 to 5 days layer demanding payment. Squatter status. Sounds like something that would happen in a motel.
SPN Lifer and sethMCOflyer like this.
Old May 26, 2021, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Let me clarify

I was only suppose to stay for 3 nights, maybe 4 depending on our convention. First night I used points the following were put on a credit card like usual. The remaining two nights are what I stayed, waiting for my stuff, and answer from the hotel, whatever it maybe. I checked in, card was authorized, and card was charged. Just like a normal check in.

I did not contact police. The OM did, later she explained that the story she got from hotel staff was not really like I explained. I think the staff were protecting there own. Which I completely understand. An employee should be fired for this. I wouldn’t want that to happen even though I’m the one that got things taken. I bet that employee learned a lesson in this. I’m a softy like that so that’s my opinion.

I still don’t have my items. Which in my opinion, is neither here nor there. That’s a whole other issue I’m dealing with. If I don’t want to contact police, that is my decision. Not a fan of police in general, and they rarely get back items if they are truly stolen. To the hotel, that shouldn’t even matter. That’s out of there hands either way.

And what does it matter what business I am in. If it matters to you, Self Storage. I met them at my room the day before. Which really doesn’t matter.

My partner was staying with me in the room. He is not involved in my work, and I actually met him the morning of my return. I was alone for the first few nights there.

I was due to check out the day I returned. I had 3 hours of the room left if you want more specifics. Really, I don't know what compensation I would even want. I more wanted acknowledgment and who knows what would have just “made me happy”. Even till now, no calls, or anything from the hotel.

I respect everyone here, but a lot of what some of you have come up with is quite “funny”. I created this account because I wanted advice. I stay at hotels often and NEVER have had this happen. I didn’t have incredibly a lot of things in the room.

Last edited by HiddenOwl; May 26, 2021 at 1:37 pm
Old May 26, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
the follow-up post does not make it less bizarre.
Old May 26, 2021, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
the follow-up post does not make it less bizarre.
I'd argue it makes it even harder to understand. I hope the OP doesn't ever have to testify in court.
Old May 26, 2021, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
This is really becoming more bizarre!
Old May 26, 2021, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
who has your stuff?
Old May 26, 2021, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkCron
who has your stuff?
I don't know about the OP, but I certainly don't know who has his stuff after reading those posts!

Ok. So as far as I understand, the mysterious third party has your stuff. Why was he even there trying to get into your room? I feel like the fact that your first night was on points, and the rest on cash may have messed this up with the staff and housekeeping thinking you were checking out. Sounds like a mess. I'd dictate this story to somebody else and have them write it a bit easier to follow, and fire it off to Marriott corporate.

Last edited by krazykanuck; May 26, 2021 at 3:41 pm
Old May 26, 2021, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Why?

Why does it even matter who has my stuff? You guys are missing the point? Or even what I was really asking.
Old May 26, 2021, 3:57 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by HiddenOwl
My partner was staying with me in the room. He is not involved in my work, and I actually met him the morning of my return.
This sentence is when I lost it.
Old May 26, 2021, 4:29 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
This sounds like an episode summary for Storage Wars: FlyerTalk edition.

In all seriousness, the OP still has an incoherent story. The only advice I have to offer is to keep your story simple and write into corporate. The current jumble of 2 posts is a mess.
Old May 26, 2021, 5:45 pm
Suspended

This sounds like it can be an episode for a reality TV show. If I came back and my belongings were gone along with the hotel staff having no whereabouts of it I'd be the one contacting the police.
Old May 26, 2021, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
The other red flag for me is being on a business trip in Orlando, meeting with clients, and staying on I-Drive. I can’t think of any business you’d have in that area with clients other than something like selling timeshares.
There's absolutely nothing odd about staying on International Drive while on a business trip. I used to work in a business park at Kirkman Dr and Sand Lake Road. There's also the massive Lockheed Martin facility smack dab between I-Drive and the site of the third Universal theme park.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.