Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

New Bonvoy Bold Credit Card - No 15 elite nights until 2022?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2021, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP

Hello,

I just signed up for a Bonvoy Bold credit card. Part of the reason was for the 15 elite nights each year.

Based on the ad I signed up under, they are supposed to work like this:
  • Year 2021 - 15 elite nights post within 60 days of account opening
  • Year 2022 and later - 15 elite nights post by March 1

So far, it has been 8 days and the elite nights didn't post. Reading around FT, most people have had their elite nights posted by now.

I called Chase. 2 agents from Chase said that the Elite Nights are only for 2022 and later. Then, a 3rd agent said that I have to call Marriott. So I called Marriott, and they told me I had to call Chase. I called Chase and this time and was told to call Marriott.

Was there a recent change to the policy? Marriott is still sending out ads that for 2021, elite nights will post within 60 days for new accounts.

I would appreciate anyone's insight. Thank you.
Old May 12, 2021, 1:25 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Xero

I would appreciate anyone's insight.
I would wait until after your first points post from the credit card.
Old May 12, 2021, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
I would wait until after your first points post from the credit card.
That would be good advice. As I posted in another Marriott Bonvoy credit card thread, I signed up for the Bold card maybe 6 weeks ago, and received the 15 elite nights a few weeks later.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 13, 2021, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Xero
Hello,

I just signed up for a Bonvoy Bold credit card. Part of the reason was for the 15 elite nights each year.

Based on the ad I signed up under, they are supposed to work like this:
  • Year 2021 - 15 elite nights post within 60 days of account opening
  • Year 2022 and later - 15 elite nights post by March 1

So far, it has been 8 days and the elite nights didn't post. Reading around FT, most people have had their elite nights posted by now.

I called Chase. 2 agents from Chase said that the Elite Nights are only for 2022 and later. Then, a 3rd agent said that I have to call Marriott. So I called Marriott, and they told me I had to call Chase. I called Chase and this time and was told to call Marriott.

Was there a recent change to the policy? Marriott is still sending out ads that for 2021, elite nights will post within 60 days for new accounts.

I would appreciate anyone's insight. Thank you.
Save whatever documentation such as an email offer you used for the application. However

8 <<<<<<<<<< 60.
JackE likes this.
Old May 13, 2021, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
That would be good advice. As I posted in another Marriott Bonvoy credit card thread, I signed up for the Bold card maybe 6 weeks ago, and received the 15 elite nights a few weeks later.
Thanks for the info. So is it safe to assume it takes several weeks?

The reason I ask is because many on FT posted how they received the nights within a week at most.
Old May 13, 2021, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
The random and unpredictable nature of Marriott information technology (IT) is part and parcel of the surprise and excitement of the Bonv°y experience!

Old May 13, 2021, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Problem solved! The nights have posted!

I added the the Bonvoy Bold card to my saved cards on my account.

Immediately, the 15 elite nights posted.
restlessinRNO and SPN Lifer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.